Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Welcome again, in this Hublot Forum of Friendship (MODS! :argh:) match day thread.

Well, that was a bit poo poo. Instead of great attacking football, we got some good defending, some good goalkeeping, and a lot of time wasting yesterday. But France are through to the final, and today we will find out who will join them, and who will be forced to play a meaning less third place game against Belgium.

Croatia vs England, 20:00 CET, 7 p.m. BST, 2 p.m. EST, Saint Petersburg

It's Croatia vs England. The perennial dark horse of Croatia have a real chance to make it to the final. They've reached the semifinal through winning two penalty shootouts, but they still played pretty well this whole World Cup. They are also the last team in the competition to have never won a World Cup before, so let's hope they lift the trophy on Sunday. As for England, they are overrated. What can you say about a team that deliberately lost their last group stage match to get an easier path in the knockout stages? Harry Kane might be the top goalscorer for now, but it won't last. I'm predicting a clear Croatia win.

But above all I hope today's match is more exciting than yesterday's game. More VAR, more goals, more penalties, more action, less bus parking. Enjoy this second to last real match with us in our fine Hublot Forum of Friendship!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH #ItsComingHome

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i sincerely hope gareth southgate unfurls an umbrella at fulltime following a crushing england victory of penalties and headers

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i sincerely hope gareth southgate unfurls an umbrella at fulltime following a crushing england victory of penalties and headers

We can dance Nobby's dance, we can dance against France

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Torrannor posted:

What can you say about a team that deliberately lost their last group stage match to get an easier path in the knockout stages?

Tactically astute

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

haven't been this nervous about a semi since I watched brokeback mountain

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kecske posted:

lol

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

https://youtu.be/z2b5BqTbvo0

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

kecske posted:

:vince:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ninpo posted:

Tactically astute

Every team in the semi-finals won their first two group games and rested most of their first choice 11 for the final match.

Momentum was bollocks all along.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
DO YA REMEMBER FOOTBALL MATCHES? YOU'D ALWAYS GET YER BRASS HAND STUCK ON THE TURNSTILE. DO. YOU. REMEMBER. THAT?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
HAVE YOU EVER NOOOOOOOOTICED, WHEN YOU GO TO AN AWAY GAME THE PEOPLE THERE TALK DIFFERENTLY. HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT? HAVE YA?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

track day bro! posted:

HAVE YOU EVER NOOOOOOOOTICED, WHEN YOU GO TO AN AWAY GAME THE PEOPLE THERE TALK DIFFERENTLY. HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT? HAVE YA?

sorry op i've never been to a football match

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

track day bro! posted:

ive never been to an away game

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Hype

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Croatia will be knackered

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
france - england sounds like a more exciting final than france - croatia, so im pragmatically rooting for that

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Will there be a separate thread for the Europa League qualifiers later or do we just use this one?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

fart simpson posted:

England will not win

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 11, 2018

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

fart simpson posted:

England will win

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
This has been a enjoyable world cup but low quality. How else do you explain mediocre teams like England reaching the semis?

France v England would be a better final though. I'm not going to say it won't happen, since I've been wrong about every other England knockout game.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
England will not win the hearts and minds of the ignorant masses

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Torrannor posted:

What can you say about a team that deliberately lost their last group stage match to get an easier path in the knockout stages? Harry Kane might be the top goalscorer for now, but it won't last. I'm predicting a clear Croatia win.

England did their best and only lost to Belgium by an unlucky goal. Everyone was devastated as England would have already reached the finals through Belgium’s path. You are clearly fake news which is consistent with your wrong prediction

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
england would have probably lost to japan lol

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
It's coming home

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

i can't believe its nearly home

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It’s coming home.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

fart simpson posted:

England will not win

This

rear end cobra posted:

france - england sounds like a more exciting final than france - croatia, so im pragmatically rooting for that

But Also This

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

fart simpson posted:

England will not win

but if they don't win, how does football come home???

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Come on England!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
It's coming home

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I think England might lose, but also that they might win. In conclusion it's a funny old game of two halves.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Bogan Krkic posted:

You can take the football, France takes the trophy

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Bogan Krkic posted:

very carefully

Carrier
May 12, 2009

ban the op for not believing

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Carrier posted:

ban the op for not believing

he's the one who's gonna lead the slowcap don't you get it

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

big harry kane is gonna win the golden boot, and lift the world cup, and bring football home

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
he'll get the boot alright

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

rear end cobra posted:

Counterpoint: If England wins, the final match thread will consist 90% of "It's coming home" posts and this World Cup and this forum deserve better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Doctor Malaver posted:

Counterpoint: If England wins, the final match thread will consist 90% of "It's coming home" posts and this World Cup and this forum deserve better.

as opposed to the current 85% output

• Locked thread