Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

No Squirrel Girl no buys

I don't need luck, I eat nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:rock:

Here's some dude just demonstrating complete mastery of the game, which also amply demonstrates how loving kicking rad this game is. Warning, there are I guess spoilers for the game in this? (The spoiler is the game absolutely loving rules):

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Here's some dude just demonstrating complete mastery of the game, which also amply demonstrates how loving kicking rad this game is. Warning, there are I guess spoilers for the game in this? (The spoiler is the game absolutely loving rules):

Holy poo poo.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

The first season of Agent Carter is great. I wouldn't bother with the second, sadly.

The second season is fun if you want to see Peggy on a Hollywood romp and if you like Jarvis. Nowhere near the first but not a huge investment either.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

OK, when I finish The Evil Within (spoiler alert - I have no loving clue what's going on with the plot and I'm halfway through the game) this is definitely next on my list. And I'll probably follow up with Wolfenstein II.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So many games to get through, thanks to all these sales. I gotta get through Resident Evil 7, Evil Within 1 and 2, Assassin's Creed Origins, Far Cry 5, Wolfenstein 2, and a bunch of little titles.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats is the meaning of SCII ending? Jim met Kerrigan? It was all a dream? Discuss

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wanna get Tales of Beseria but honestly, this child of mine has kept me from video games and will likely keep me from them until we both start getting full night's rests.

And honestly, I'm not that mad about it. Duty before play and alla that.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The truly impressive thing about DOOM 2016 isn't that it's a fantastic game, it's that they were able to take on the responsibility of making a game that feels like a worthy successor to loving DOOM and ace it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jerusalem posted:

quote:

I feel like if the doom slayer wasn't controlled by a player, this is what he would do on his own

So Youtube comments arn't always bad. Good to know.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
In other video game news Octopath Traveler is out Friday and I'm probably gonna get it

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I would love to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind myself to allow for a fresh first play of DOOM and Prey. Jealous.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bloodysabbath posted:

I would love to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind myself to allow for a fresh first play of DOOM and Prey. Jealous.

That said, a second playthrough of Prey was what made me actually click on what the joke was in the testing rooms right at the start, and it's loving great. :xd:

"Is she... is she trying to hide behind that chair?"

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Jerusalem posted:

That said, a second playthrough of Prey was what made me actually click on what the joke was in the testing rooms right at the start, and it's loving great. :xd:

"Is she... is she trying to hide behind that chair?"

I also give Prey a lot of credit for how it handled DLC. When Mooncrash got announced as a roguelike-lite thing, I thought it would be entirely skippable because generally I don’t go for DLC packs that amount to wacky additional modes. That said, I bought it anyway, and the levels are all new content, require great levels of strategy down to which order to run characters through, and the framing device really makes it feel like legit SP story DLC.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

coconono posted:

I wanna get Tales of Beseria

its good, deffo grab it when you've got time (and sleep)

picked up rear end creed origins and the kingdom hearts double pack so i can remember some of what the gently caress is going on before 3 drops

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

My tooth filling fell out this morning and I was able to walk to the dentist and get it fixed all within half an hour for less than US$5. Also I've got a typhoon day off work despite the skies being blue now. I'm not sure why I'm leaving this country sometimes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

My tooth filling fell out this morning and I was able to walk to the dentist and get it fixed all within half an hour for less than US$5. Also I've got a typhoon day off work despite the skies being blue now. I'm not sure why I'm leaving this country sometimes.
where are you again? Taiwan?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i saw ant man tonight and the mid credits caused a kid behind me to start screamin NO THATS NOT FAIR and he was cryin as his parents took him out of the theater it ruled

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Spikeguy posted:

So many games to get through, thanks to all these sales. I gotta get through Resident Evil 7, Evil Within 1 and 2, Assassin's Creed Origins, Far Cry 5, Wolfenstein 2, and a bunch of little titles.
i have re7 still sealed i havent gotten to it yet
friday the 13th too :(

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i have re7 still sealed i havent gotten to it yet
friday the 13th too :(

you should probably play friday the 13th before it completely dies if it hasn't already

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Baron Corbin posted:

you should probably play friday the 13th before it completely dies if it hasn't already

i really should ugh

final fantasy vi release your grip

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i saw ant man tonight and the mid credits caused a kid behind me to start screamin NO THATS NOT FAIR and he was cryin as his parents took him out of the theater it ruled

Ahaha, the people behind me went,"Oh mannnnn that's just mean" :xd:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

My wife’s response? ”Where the gently caress is Hawkeye?!?”

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope this was the face she made as she asked :3:

God I love this panel. It's Hawkeye (dressed as Hawkeye) freaking out about Deadpool's face to... Hawkeye.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

I hope this was the face she made as she asked :3:

God I love this panel. It's Hawkeye (dressed as Hawkeye) freaking out about Deadpool's face to... Hawkeye.

I don't even know how to begin to process this panel except to say Matt Fraction is a genius.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CobiWann posted:

I don't even know how to begin to process this panel except to say Matt Fraction is a genius.

I don't particularly disagree but that mini-series was Gerry Duggan.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

where are you again? Taiwan?

Yep. Affordable and efficient healthcare, but you do have to deal with almost daily encounters with cockroaches so swings and roundabouts.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Apparently the Destroyer opened a Japanese style golf course after retiring. Road trip?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait a god drat minute, there are two Baron Corbyns (corbines) posting ITT. What the gently caress is going on?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Alaois posted:

I don't particularly disagree but that mini-series was Gerry Duggan.

Also the artist Matteo Lolli should really get the credit for that visual joke being done perfectly

Here's the full page for context

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Wait a god drat minute, there are two Baron Corbyns (corbines) posting ITT. What the gently caress is going on?

Protip: shoot the one with the goatee; he's the one from the evil mirror universe

e: vvv Mister President! :patriot:

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 11, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

changed my username just for you, DoctorGonzo

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Holy poo poo.

I'll never stop being amazed at how awesome DO4M is, they nailed everything fans wanted and then added even more awesome stuff to boot. I still play this like every other day, all the levels and design are fantastic, the Argent levels (tower, destroyed facility) are some of my favorites :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

changed my username just for you, DoctorGonzo
:bisonyes:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm glad Ant-Man is good but honestly I'm a terrible dork who loves literally every Marvel film. Infinity War is my favorite film of 2018. There are better more cerbreal films but gently caress it that movie was the most fun in theaters.

My list:

1. Infinity War
2. A Quiet Place
3. The Ritual
4. Calibur

I'm also super loving hyped for Unfriended 2, the first movie does not get the credit it deserves as it loving rules.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Guys I'm gradually realize I love my job and the idea of what it accomplishes but I generally can't stand the people I have to deal with. It's not like I can go to a different company in the same sector. Human rights and advocacy are super insular. I dunno what to do. :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Just realized there hasn't been a Midnight Club for current gen consoles and that's a drat shame. 3 heavily relied on the Open World Schtick too much for my tastes but boasted a superior driving model than 2(which was FUCKIN AWESOME). It hit that sweet spot between arcadey gokart racers and the heavier sim style games.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

coconono posted:

Just realized there hasn't been a Midnight Club for current gen consoles and that's a drat shame. 3 heavily relied on the Open World Schtick too much for my tastes but boasted a superior driving model than 2(which was FUCKIN AWESOME). It hit that sweet spot between arcadey gokart racers and the heavier sim style games.

Midnight Club 3 is still one of my Best of Games, shame the series was ritualistically sacrificed at the alter of the Cowboy God. RIP.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Me and my daughter have been playing the new Wolfenstein together and it's been a lot of fun so far. It just feels so good to play. Also it's fun giving my daughter a history lesson on Nazi's and modern nazis and talking to her about how when the game came out and how some people said it's not ok to shoot nazis. Educational!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
:lol: England Pitted