Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

mycomancy posted:

Sorry dude, but conservative scum thrive in privacy. Calling them out on their backwards opinions in public loudly is the best way to fight them.

And it has to be a fight. For a society like that depicted in The Orville or Star Trek, I'd gladly fight for that.

See, now we're back on topic.

you're never going to get a response dude, because he's just going to do the same thing every single person with these abhorrent opinions does when confronted with them, which is slink away and toss out a copy of the line from that hitler cartoon that was posted a page back about "JUST OPINIONS WHY CAN'T WE BE CIVIL :decorum: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
Halston Sage is also rumored to be dating Seth MacFarlane, so basically who knows what's up at this point.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought Seth was married

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

This is clearly a conversation that you guys need to have in every single avenue of discussion that there is, including and especially a thread about a science fiction series that imagines a better future, so be very, very weary of anyone that tries to shut that conversation down with a lofty indication by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Gwaihir posted:

you're never going to get a response dude, because he's just going to do the same thing every single person with these abhorrent opinions does when confronted with them, which is slink away and toss out a copy of the line from that hitler cartoon that was posted a page back about "JUST OPINIONS WHY CAN'T WE BE CIVIL :decorum: "

I count that a win.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

See, the thing is that there was no argument. I made no attempt to change my target's mind, because s/he will NEVER change his/her mind on this topic. My goal was to mock, belittle, and trash my target because I truely despise people like her/him. I believe I succeeded.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Cojawfee posted:

If she doesn't enjoy working on a TV show, you can't force her to be on it.

An actor who refuses to do television is going to have a pretty lousy career.

A dude posted:

It would depend on the exact nature of her disagreements. If every day's shooting started with everyone slapping her rear end for good luck I'd be out in a heartbeat, if they were all just assholes she didn't like hanging out with that's just par for the course

If someone was no-bullshit harassing her, I have no doubt that McFarlane would shove his boot six feet up that guy's rear end. His statements regarding Weinstein made his views on that matter crystal clear.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I thought Seth was married

Nope, although he did date Eyebrows Clarke from GoT/Terminator Genisys/Solo: A Star Wars Flop for a while.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I don't know, until someone comes out and says she left the show, its just as easy to see some arc of another selaen (or however its spelled) coming around and Halston Sage gone for several episodes as part of some story, due to scheduling conflicts while shooting a movie (as was mentioned).

It would be the same thing they do all the time on shows where someone is off visiting their mother or something because the actress is off giving birth, and they've had her standing behind counters all season.

It seems like a step to jump to her being permanently replaced when no one has said anything, the official twitter is posting images of her, and shes listed still as a main cast member.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
^^^Xelayan, I think

True story I always assumed turn left hillary!!! noo was a left leaning person cos I figured their name meant they wished Mrs. Clinton would become more of an actual Democrat/liberal-ish person instead of... whatever she is. Then they identified theirself as a conservative, specifically in the context of a conservative watching Trek (and such) and appreciating the "challenge," and I was like, "Oh." Then I noticed turn left hillary!!! noo's title text and I was like <Plinkett>Oh...</Plinkett>

SO anyway, to actually be at least somewhat topical, it hasn't been discussed for a while but this all reminds me that there were a lot of tea party/neocon/alt-right types (all of whom could fairly be considered to at least ostensibly be on the conservative side) who were like interpreting things on the show in ways totally opposite from... well most of us here anyway. A lot of them were Trek haters, and, I assume, a lot of them weren't. What do you suppose the ratio is? I'm thinking about 50/50, because these types don't tend to be consistent about anything other than interpreting things in a way that supports whatever their particular agenda and worldview happen to be.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

mycomancy posted:

See, the thing is that there was no argument. I made no attempt to change my target's mind, because s/he will NEVER change his/her mind on this topic. My goal was to mock, belittle, and trash my target because I truely despise people like her/him. I believe I succeeded.

I voted for Trump. Come at me bro.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Astroman posted:

You already came at yourself you loving retard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Astroman posted:

I hope you're a white man, otherwise you owned yourself pretty hard.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Astroman posted:

Oh you did? Is it because you're congenitally insane, or just an awful loving sociopathic shitsack?

Seriously, I'm curious what sort of structural brain defects or deep, unfixable personality flaws would cause someone to vote for someone as stupid, venal, racist, sexist, and altogether miserable as Donald J. Trump.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Lol when PT6A is loving dunking on your lovely choices

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PT6A posted:

Oh you did? Is it because you're congenitally insane, or just an awful loving sociopathic shitsack?

Seriously, I'm curious what sort of structural brain defects or deep, unfixable personality flaws would cause someone to vote for someone as stupid, venal, racist, sexist, and altogether miserable as Donald J. Trump.

he tweets it like it is bro

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
HE DONE SAYS THE BRAIN WORDS THAT DON'T COME OUT MY MOUTH

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

I hope you're a white man, otherwise you owned yourself pretty hard.

Even if they are; still owned.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Cojawfee posted:

HE DONE SAYS THE BRAIN WORDS THAT CAME OUT MY MOUTH AND THEN I GOT FIRED AND NOW I AIN'T GOT NO JOB BECAUSE THE FUCKEN MEXICANS

Fixed.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

PT6A posted:

It makes more sense when you consider that most people treat politics like a sport. As long as their team is winning their fine. It's a very strange thing, but it is how politics are done in America.

Actually, you can make a really good episode of the Orville about that. They treaded similar water with the episode about social media politics. They could do a great episode about a society where politics was literally a team sport and use it as a commentary on the United States politics system and two party system. That actually could be pretty loving good. I might actually write that because that can make a nice short story

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

we could really use a new season right about now

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Covok posted:

It makes more sense when you consider that most people treat politics like a sport. As long as their team is winning their fine. It's a very strange thing, but it is how politics are done in America.

Actually, you can make a really good episode of the Orville about that. They treaded similar water with the episode about social media politics. They could do a great episode about a society where politics was literally a team sport and use it as a commentary on the United States politics system and two party system. That actually could be pretty loving good. I might actually write that because that can make a nice short story

That was literally how the Byzantines treated politics--the various factions were the fans of the different chariot teams. And it was deadly serious, with riots and gang warefare in the streets.

I think the Orville could do a killer episode on this; their biggest challenge would be making a commentary about our society in such a way that wasn't too similar to the social media episode.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

Yeah. There aren't any shows to watch for me at all at the moment other than the new Ducktales oddly enough.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Astroman posted:

You want to know the really funny thing? I didn't.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

You want to know the really funny thing? I didn't.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

evilmiera posted:

Yeah. There aren't any shows to watch for me at all at the moment other than the new Ducktales oddly enough.

I grew up with the original DuckTales, but all I have seen of the reboot is the theme song... and so far I have zero complaints. My childhood has not been ruined. So far.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

I could really use some optimistic sci fi in my life again.

Maybe it's time to rewatch TNG.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They apparently won a Saturn award

https://twitter.com/SethMacFarlane/status/1012273721485111296?s=19

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Powered Descent posted:

I grew up with the original DuckTales, but all I have seen of the reboot is the theme song... and so far I have zero complaints. My childhood has not been ruined. So far.

It's seriously really well done. They managed to update it while preserving everything good about the original.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I really like Captain Mercer. He seems just extremely relatable in the way that he wants to be friends with everyone and is a little lonely, but not in a destructive way like Michael Scott.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I really like Captain Mercer. He seems just extremely relatable in the way that he wants to be friends with everyone and is a little lonely, but not in a destructive way like Michael Scott.

Yeah I liked when he went around the ship being like "hey you wanna hang out no pressure"

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah I liked when he went around the ship being like "hey you wanna hang out no pressure"

And it led to one of the funniest "be careful what you ask for" moments in recent memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c7FL9QV1bs

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

And when he was in the holodeck and got called away to something being like "Aw man I only get like one hour of this a week guys! Hope this is important!"

golden bells
Oct 17, 2013

Does anyone have the "World of Orville" book? It looks like official merch https://www.amazon.com/World-Orville-Jeff-Bond/dp/1785657615/

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just found out there's a fan podcast big enough it's had Scott Grimes as a guest, the visual effects team, and Two Takes Frakes just retweeted it

https://twitter.com/jonathansfrakes/status/1016767986319876098?s=19

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Astroman posted:

lol imagine voluntarily choosing to vote for someone that dumb

does ur brain work or

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Mighty quick turnaround time for a quip of that caliber.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Yeah...sick 2 week old burn, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

ty