Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I ordered a dog tshirt and its gonna be here before Sunday and I'm gonna watch *checks notes* 30 minutes of Dolph Ziggler in it to really cement this bad decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love how Kane jumps when the pyro goes off.

Also, re: lowest rated Raw in history. By what metric? How do we compare and get "lowest rated" numbers when the show has such an insanely long history back to the Manhattan Center days? Does the lowest rated thing just count the "modern era" whatever that is? Curious about just how badly this week did historically.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah, I find it hard to believe that last Monday's RAW had a lower rating than any of those pre-taped RAWs from the 90s

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Why does Team Hell No have the only legit good comedy in WWE? Not counting Breezango since the fashion files got canceled and fandango got his arm ripped off.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Blaise330 posted:

Paige is the prettiest person to ever be convinced that she’s hideous. Everything she does to cover up her imaginary ugliness backfires so hard.
To make the earlier slightly misleading comments clearer, she and Corey were joking around on Renee's podcast. It wasn't a "woe is me, I look like crazy Jacko" situation, it was a "haha I'm so pale" deal.
Her lip fillers and hair extensions came up after that, when they were talking about how ill Paige had been. She's not imagining faults; she wasted away so much she collapsed several times and she was losing her hair from malnutrition and stress. She sounded fully aware and realistic about the situation and seems pretty happy with her progress; it'll still be a while before she has fully recovered.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Why does Team Hell No have the only legit good comedy in WWE? Not counting Breezango since the fashion files got canceled and fandango got his arm ripped off.
because this is the arbiter of what is and isn’t funny

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, Roddy knew where to get gum, just not how to properly pace himself when it came to chewing it. It was literally his only flaw outside of the incredible amount of drug use.

I demand proof

Cavauro posted:

where did he get it in the first place, you little or big fucker?

I'll tie you in a knot fart boy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pressedbunny posted:

To make the earlier slightly misleading comments clearer, she and Corey were joking around on Renee's podcast. It wasn't a "woe is me, I look like crazy Jacko" situation, it was a "haha I'm so pale" deal.
Her lip fillers and hair extensions came up after that, when they were talking about how ill Paige had been. She's not imagining faults; she wasted away so much she collapsed several times and she was losing her hair from malnutrition and stress. She sounded fully aware and realistic about the situation and seems pretty happy with her progress; it'll still be a while before she has fully recovered.

that's fine but the lip fillers still look really bad

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is it fair to blame del rio for everything

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My girlfriend identified the NSYNC lyric from across the room while not even paying attention to the TV before they mentioned it and laughed hysterically when they called him out on it. I thought that was a pretty funny segment.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

piss tape israel posted:

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that last Monday's RAW had a lower rating than any of those pre-taped RAWs from the 90s

Seriously... A quick google search shows that the ratings were lowest during the Monday Night War on 12/23/96 with a 1.5

http://www.wrestlescoop.com/information/raw-vs-nitro-ratings-war/

It went up against this Prime Time Lineup.

1 rating point = 970,000 TV households

I think it worth noting that WWE's fans are more engaged than any other fans, which is probably worth something
http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top10s.html

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 11, 2018

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Astro7x posted:

Seriously... A quick google search shows that the ratings were lowest during the Monday Night War on 12/23/966 with a 1.5

http://www.wrestlescoop.com/information/raw-vs-nitro-ratings-war/

It went up against this Prime Time Lineup.

1 rating point = 970,000 TV households

I think it worth noting that WWE's fans are more engaged than any other fans, which is probably worth something
http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top10s.html

does the (r) mean re-run? because lmao if so

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

does the (r) mean re-run? because lmao if so

Yeah, it was the day before Christmas Eve, no network runs first-run programming during those pre-holiday periods when no one's going to be watching TV.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/MaeYoungClassic/status/1017078523436158976

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5A_9ZNLYUw

Someone check on Big E.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

best theme

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Daztek posted:

best theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdtyXVyeC8Q

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

YESSSSSSSSSSS

She better loving come out to Spin the Bottle tho

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I hope Kaitlyn has a power bomb for a finish.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kaitlyn's the one that AJ accordioned herself for, right?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kaitlyn loving owns so I might watch the MYC2 now

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Wish I could be happier about this but she's associating herself with/Dating? noted piece of poo poo Mr.450

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Troxartas posted:

Wish I could be happier about this but she's associating herself with/Dating? noted piece of poo poo Mr.450
She went to Puerto Rico last weekend and was on Snapchat holding hands with him

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dumb question but who is Mr. 450?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

FFFFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKK YES THIS RULES

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Dumb question but who is Mr. 450?

He's an indie guy that was accused of domestic abuse by his ex-girlfriend.

Mustafa Ali doesn't like him.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I know this makes me a bad person but I just don't think Spin the Bottle is that great a theme :colbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fart blood posted:

I know this makes me a bad person but I just don't think Spin the Bottle is that great a theme :colbert:

Mods please ban this filth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Apparently Corey has a t-shirt now

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Facebook recommended a WWE group to me that has 315,000 members in it. Over the past day every other post is essentially about who will win on Sunday, Lashley or Roman. There are hundreds of comments to each post with people actually caring about who will win and commenting with who they want to win.

Guys... I think we're the wrong demographic for this show.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That shirt legitimately owns

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is Corey a bigger fan of The Goddess or The Queen

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1016006349920931846

One way to not have to see Roman get crushed in votes is to uh, just not have him be an option I guess.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

VJeff posted:

Kaitlyn's the one that AJ accordioned herself for, right?

Let me check my files

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope Corey shills his shirt throughout the entire PPV.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
not really related to anything but this owns and made me very happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeUd8mZwOIo

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Saint Freak posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1016006349920931846

One way to not have to see Roman get crushed in votes is to uh, just not have him be an option I guess.

Only a non main event match can steal the show.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It’s expected the main event will be the best of the show. That’s why other matches have to steal it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Roman vs Bob is gonna be bad. Maybe better than Brock vs Roman but still bad.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

bradzilla posted:

Roman vs Bob is gonna be bad. Maybe better than Brock vs Roman but still bad.

The Boston crowd was pretty into it but that may just have been crowds loving pull-aparts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't get why pull-aparts always get over so big. What's so cool about two guys fighting for a bunch of 1-2 second intervals, then a bunch of dudes get in between them, then maybe one big spot at the end? Like, the segment is just 90% undercard guys going "CALM DOWN CALM DOWN"

• Locked thread