Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Troxartas posted:

Chiesa looks like hes gonna outweigh Pettis by 30 pounds by the time the fight rolls around, can't see it going well for Pettis

So happy to be wrong about this. Pettis looked great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i might go 0 for 5 by the end of the night, yeesh

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

That went well!

Jul 7, 2018
3:07 PM
Placed by
Web
2 Team Parlay #1807869546282
(Outcome: Win)

UFC/MMA - Fight Winner

Francis Ngannou vs Derrick Lewis

Derrick Lewis +260 Jul 7, 2018 10:00 PM

Outcome: Win

Date settled: Jul 8, 2018 1:02 AM

UFC/MMA - Fight Winner

Michael Chiesa vs Anthony Pettis

Anthony Pettis +150 Jul 7, 2018 8:59 PM

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

That went well!

Jul 7, 2018
3:07 PM
Placed by
Web
2 Team Parlay #1807869546282
(Outcome: Win)

UFC/MMA - Fight Winner

Francis Ngannou vs Derrick Lewis

Derrick Lewis +260 Jul 7, 2018 10:00 PM

UFC/MMA - Fight Winner

Michael Chiesa vs Anthony Pettis

Anthony Pettis +150 Jul 7, 2018 8:59 PM

nice

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i might go 0 for 5 by the end of the night, yeesh

wow.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
https://imgur.com/a/iyeKxw8

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

jase1 posted:

5k on stipe -240

5k on Stipe to win by tko +160

1k on Stipe to win by submission +1500 because I love a longshot

Nice

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Le Saboteur posted:

20 on Cormier to win and 20 on a parlay of Cormier, Lewis, Felder, Costa, Chiesa. Let's go.

Thank you big MMA dad. Crazy that the two guys who were betting favs cost me the parlay.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ended up plus ~$80 tonight after eating a bunch of poo poo until Pettis/Chiesa, thanks DC!

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Marching Powder posted:

25$ on a parlay of dc, black beast, tony pettis, uriah hall wins me 3k

i'll do individual bets on those guys too because they are decent underdogs.

ha drat

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Bad month for cleveland, I thought my parlay was a lock after Lewis won that shitshow.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

It was a good rear end day betting all told, up nearly 1k. Sad about that cheat Costa tho :(((

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

It was a good rear end day betting all told, up nearly 1k. Sad about that cheat Costa tho :(((

hell ya

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

DC opens at -260 against Brock. Hoping r word money shortens that by fight night but it's still worth a bet at those odds imo. That's a guaranteed parlay stacker.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Marching Powder posted:

DC opens at -260 against Brock. Hoping r word money shortens that by fight night but it's still worth a bet at those odds imo. That's a guaranteed parlay stacker.

I think DC schools Lesnar, but -260 seems tight, to me. Didn’t someone math out the UFC fight history, and determine that the underdogs are even more undervalued in the UFC than in other sports?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I think DC schools Lesnar, but -260 seems tight, to me. Didn’t someone math out the UFC fight history, and determine that the underdogs are even more undervalued in the UFC than in other sports?

They definitely are.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Used to be even more so I feel like. Some kind of unknown guys used to get crazy odds

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

jase is definitely ahead.

Skip My Posts posted:

Used to be even more so I feel like. Some kind of unknown guys used to get crazy odds

it used to be a license to print free money. if you knew anything about the sport at all you'd see insane value on every card. frankie edgar / bj penn 2 springs to mind. lol.

nowadays, occasionally you'll get insane odds like lamas being the underdog against knight or gunnar being the like +200 underdog against loving tumenov but it's a lot better generally

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

it used to be a license to print free money. if you knew anything about the sport at all you'd see insane value on every card. frankie edgar / bj penn 2 springs to mind. lol.

nowadays, occasionally you'll get insane odds like lamas being the underdog against knight or gunnar being the like +200 underdog against loving tumenov but it's a lot better generally

Yep they are gettin pretty good at it now unfortunately for us

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

vegas is smartening up when it comes to mma but you'll still see some really weird lines for fighters that feel way unjust.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

Yep they are gettin pretty good at it now unfortunately for us

yeah it's very rare i'll say straight up 'that ain't right', even the massive upsets like ronda / holm that were spastically overvalued in retrospect had me, "knowledgeable mma guy," nodding along and going 'yeah, squash match'.

don't bet on mma. or if you do, underdogs.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
enjoy yaself

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

enjoy yaself

this too. i love betting because it will invest me in cards and fighters i otherwise would extremely struggle to give a poo poo about.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
is it just australia where we can place online bets for poo poo like "there will be a foul, it will be a dick kick, no points will be taken, but the fighter gets a timeout greater than 30 seconds"

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

nah you can place prop bets in any country at certain bookies. my uncle placed a bet in the 70s that they'd find water on mars and got 5million to one odds.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SquirrelGrip posted:

is it just australia where we can place online bets for poo poo like "there will be a foul, it will be a dick kick, no points will be taken, but the fighter gets a timeout greater than 30 seconds"

my friend just married a girl from australia and i was very jealous at the ease and wide array of sports betting there

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Skip My Posts posted:

my friend just married a girl from australia and i was very jealous at the ease and wide array of sports betting there

gambling is the national sport

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Marching Powder posted:

This times a million. In the aughts it was easy loving pickings.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i collected $600 on weidman in round 2 for the second fight.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
if nunes is a big dog against cyborg i'll prob toss a bet on her. she hits hard at the very least

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Skip My Posts posted:

if nunes is a big dog against cyborg i'll prob toss a bet on her. she hits hard at the very least

I saw this article that says Bovada opened at -300 for Cyborg and +230 for Nunes, with the headline I thought Nunes would be +750 or something

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/13/17569644/cris-cyborg-opens-as-massive-betting-favorite-over-amanda-nunes-for-potential-superfight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat. Seems pretty correct?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

drat. Seems pretty correct?

yeah. maybe a little generous to nunes. cyborg was able to consistently outpace and beat the poo poo out of holly holm for 5 rounds without showing any signs of gassing and nunes has to fight like a particularly timid monk tending a particularly delicate garden in order to bore us to death over five without dying of exhaustion.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

another interesting line - rory is the +~200 underdog against gayhard. that's definitely worth a bet imo. old moose is way too inconsistent and rory's way too good for the odds to be quite that long.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marching Powder posted:

yeah. maybe a little generous to nunes. cyborg was able to consistently outpace and beat the poo poo out of holly holm for 5 rounds without showing any signs of gassing and nunes has to fight like a particularly timid monk tending a particularly delicate garden in order to bore us to death over five without dying of exhaustion.

Nunes won’t be cutting near as much at 145 though.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Liking Cody +110 and DMMMMMJ seems like free money.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JaySB posted:

Liking Cody +110 and DMMMMMJ seems like free money.

free money gets a lot less attractive when he's above -400

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Pretty good odds for DJ imo. I think Cejudo has improved in the same ways that Frankie Edgar improved before the Aldo rematch. That is in no way that actually matters.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I mean, you say that but Mayweather has yet to let me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i look at mm as a good parlay multiplier