Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm really trying to have an open mind about season 4 but the luster of the product was lost in season 3, a number have stars have left, and the [spoilers] do not sound good at all.

This season I'm going to write off, hope that they get renewed and season 5 comes back as a rebuilding year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I still like the vignettes and most of the talent, but the atmosphere of the temple is gone. The temple was a character in the show as much as any other, and they've replaced it with this featureless warehouse and lifeless fans who are obviously dubbed over. Don't they have any of the props or sets from the last seasons?

Going through the motions is mostly right, though I think the guys are still working hard in the ring and in the vignettes. It's really the production that's let the show down for me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bring.

back.

Dario!

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Jessie Godderz. Had to look up his name. And gently caress, nobody cares about this show anymore, do they? That break last season really killed it.

Striker is quoting the bible a lot this week. Weird.

Xerzes fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 5, 2018

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
It is a national holiday in the States, so why there’s a brand new episode on tonight is beyond me.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Xerzes posted:

Jessie Godderz. Had to look up his name. And gently caress, nobody cares about this show anymore, do they? That break last season really killed it.

Striker is quoting the bible a lot this week. Weird.

Honestly forgot this week. I still care, but the Antonio Cueto thing is just so goofy, even for this show.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

One thing I found interesting about this week's episode is that while King Cuerno has turned face, there seems to be some emphasis that he might be the new hero of the show. Pentagon is the ace, but Cuerno is the new protagonist.

Also, I love how instead of building tension over the gauntlet situation, Cage and Cuerno remind us that they are total bros for some unexplained reason.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It was a pretty throwaway episode, which I guess is as good a week as any to have one. Daga is still fantastic and I'm so glad he's back. Kobra has learned some poo poo during her time away but her movement still feels a bit unnatural. Still, I don't think she's an albatross around the show's neck like she was before.

I don't get the appeal of Swagger but people seem to love him so hopefully that enthusiasm will go somewhere.

Hard to tell if they wrote Fenix off or if he's gonna come back from the dead again.

I'm all for Cuerno becoming a major protagonist. He's so good and he ate poo poo for this show for so long. Let this be his time in the sun.

Camera work feels really weak. I wonder if one of the big cost-cutting measures was all those camera crew and their sick rigs. There were lots of cuts in post-production that felt off and like they wouldn't have been made but for the absence of better shots. I dunno. I feel like the wrestlers continue to deliver and everything else is coming up short. I hope the magic can come back.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Well. Guess that cop storyline's done.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Xerzes posted:

Remember when Joey Ryan was also a cop?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Writer Cath posted:

Remember when Joey Ryan was also a cop?

Yes, but the show might not remember that.

Police investigations just end when the guy they're investigating for Every Crime gets killed, right?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Xerzes posted:

Yes, but the show might not remember that.

Police investigations just end when the guy they're investigating for Every Crime gets killed, right?

Well their cop captain is Katrina's mom, so she might have swept it under the rug.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Oh how I missed you, Rabbit Tribe.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Xerzes posted:

Oh how I missed you, Rabbit Tribe.

Those were some amazing visuals.

I don't mind these early couple episodes getting rid of some people they're finished with.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Yo soy Mascarita Sagrada Dark!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:rip: Mascarita

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

This was the best episode of the season so far. I'm back to being hopeful for the show. Fun matches, really neat plot turns, stuff to look forward to.

I like the twist on the whole "who has the power" dynamic between Muertes and Catrina, since Mil was getting too big for his britches as his reincarnations progressed. And the Rabbit Tribe is gold at all times.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Yeah, Rabbit Tribe is used just often enough to make it super fun.

Also.

https://twitter.com/LondonFu/status/1017442721756110848

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I also love how with each important kill and each resurrection, Mil Muertes's gear gets more ornate, lately with more and more red highlights. It's like his ring gear is a phylactery slowly filling with blood, and it is metal as poo poo.

He's had the red contacts and it really caps off the look.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

And the Rabbit Tribe is gold at all times.

For now at least, as long as the boss (Killer Kross) doesn't actually wrestle, because what I have seen so far, he absolutely loving sucks.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Xerzes posted:

my favorite part is that El Rey posted a promo pic of him on their Instagram right before the show aired.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I finally got a chance to watch some of the new season and holy poo poo it's kind of sad how low-rent the whole thing looks now

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Another good wrestleman I have heard of but never seen a match of.

I'm gonna go ahead and be nervous when Striker talks about the red pill.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I'm into their latest way of dealing with guys no longer with the company - serial killer, problem solved!

Lord knows they need a lot of excuses this go around :(

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

univision wont let sling have el rey any more :/

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I was so happy and surprised to see Desmond on the show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is Dario back yet? :colbert:

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Jerusalem posted:

Is Dario back yet? :colbert:

If it makes you feel better, Dario is probably running a second promotion in hell right now with all of the dead and murdered LU roster members anyway. Hopefully he has a spot for those three bros he bilked out of 20 bucks that Matanza ate.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Oh nice, Desmond Xavier! I've been saying ever since I first saw the Rascalz that kid is gonna do something big. I think he's got much bigger things in his future.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Got all caught up today and it's a real bummer what this show has become. Everything seems half assed now and the wresting quality hasn't been enough to make me care about anything really. Probably the best match of the season so far was basically a rehash of the best match in LU history so it was hard to feel excited. Maybe things will improve now that everybody has been killed off but I'm not confident. XO Lishus should just be in every match and win every match too.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
I don't know if it's the acoustics of the new Temple or the sound mix or whatever but it feels like the crowd is completely dead 95% of the time.

Plus, the cuts and edits in some matches are really bad and obvious.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

boar guy posted:

univision wont let sling have el rey any more :/

Yep. As a Sling customer I'm with them on this. The viewership numbers for all univision stations have been in the shitter for a while on their service. Ask for a rate hike, let alone one as high as they're asking for, is nuts. It irks me though because Sling was the only service that had my weird quirky bad movie channel and the sports stuff I wanted. Anything else that has El Rey is fuckin double the price.

I wasn't super in on this season but it's gotten better week after week. And it's not any of you about the crowd, it's not great. The shows themselves are getting better, but the production and the crowds are very lacking.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Did they just gather less funding and make steep cuts to production quality since certain core talent basically can't be released without killing the show?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

What did the Pizza Guy ever do to you, Papa Cueto? :gonk:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Pinwiz11 posted:

What did the Pizza Guy ever do to you, Papa Cueto? :gonk:

He knows what he did.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Did Matanza just sacrifice a pizza?

I feel like I would be enjoying this season just as much as any other if the lighting wasn't so wack.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Explosions posted:

Did Matanza just sacrifice a pizza?

He's low key calling out the Undertaker, known Dominos delivery man.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It would have been better to leave the pizza in the ring, implying even the gods don't like pineapple pizza. :can:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Man I couldn't ask for a better main event. There's not a single result to that match I would've been unhappy with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

LvK posted:

my favorite part is that El Rey posted a promo pic of him on their Instagram right before the show aired.

this time the LU account posted a promotional photo of Vinnie Massaro before the episode. This poo poo is getting goofy.