Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Could Barry show up as the ship robo from the start perhaps?

Barry and Other Barry will both be androids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is watching Archer: Dreamland necessary for this season?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

SalTheBard posted:

Is watching Archer: Dreamland necessary for this season?

No, it’s 100% standalone.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I had thought the idol was going to turn out to be magic and therefore bring back German Barry (Bärry) but this was cool. Excited for next season.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Barry and Other Barry will both be androids.

I could see Kreiger being the android, tasked with saving the creature. Barry should be playing the part of John Hurt

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I do like them getting guest actors from previous seasons to come back for the coma seasons. Hope they get Hamm and Cranston back for space season.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I do like them getting guest actors from previous seasons to come back for the coma seasons. Hope they get Hamm and Cranston back for space season.

All I know is is that Babou better be back as the cat

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Really gonna miss not having this to watch after Expanse

Azhais posted:

All I know is is that Babou better be back as the cat

Still surprised Nikolai Jagov HotKGB hasn't show up

Butt Reactor
Oct 6, 2005

Even in zero gravity, you're an asshole.
Anybody still making avatar GIFs from Archer? As an actual pilot I would do things to have an avatar of Archer doing some dipshit thing while flying the Lucy Goosy or whatever the seaplane was called.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That reminds me, Archer was very clearly envisioning himself as Rip Riley this season, and had Len Trexler be Mother's counterpart in the previous one. Did Dreamland have any other Dad parallels? Is there any Dad that could have a major Aliens role?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Boy, these guys love their Aliens power-loader references. This has to be at least the 3rd time.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

If the show keeps going I wonder if we'll get a zombie season. Make it seem like Archer has woken from his coma and rip off the start of the Walking Dead.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Senor Tron posted:

If the show keeps going I wonder if we'll get a zombie season. Make it seem like Archer has woken from his coma and rip off the start of the Walking Dead.

I really hope not.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Senor Tron posted:

If the show keeps going I wonder if we'll get a zombie season.

I'd prefer 8 episodes that are just 28 minutes each of Archer lying motionless in bed. Added bonus: that would be better than any TWD season after the first one!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cojawfee posted:

I really hope not.

They can just do it for one episode and at the end it runs out it was just the rest of the cast loving with him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I could accept a Fantasy or Superhero one, but no zombie one. Is there anything more played out than Zombies?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

I could accept a Fantasy or Superhero one, but no zombie one. Is there anything more played out than Zombies?

Oh, you've never heard of... oh my! I get to be the first one to tell you about... OK, calm down, calm down, don't give it away yet, Tarlibone...

(ahem)

Dear Twisted Mentat, allow me introduce you to... vampires!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

tarlibone posted:

Oh, you've never heard of... oh my! I get to be the first one to tell you about... OK, calm down, calm down, don't give it away yet, Tarlibone...

(ahem)

It's almost been so long Vampires could come back. Legit, scary, terrifying vampires that is.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They can just do it for one episode and at the end it runs out it was just the rest of the cast loving with him.

That would also be good.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

tarlibone posted:

(ahem)

They were prostitutes, Billy.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Archer already had vampires, though, back in season 5.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

twistedmentat posted:

It's almost been so long Vampires could come back. Legit, scary, terrifying vampires that is.

Such vampires would have no place in Archer, whose wheelhouse would mean Hammer vampires and some degree of self-awareness and camp as well as an embracing of the ridiculous would be more fitting and likely. Frankly, I'd be okay with zombies in Archer too; though mostly because I think Kreiger or Ray as a zombie the rest of the cast just kind of accepts without comment while they mostly ignore their undead status and have some fun with it would be fun. A supernatural season where there's vampires, werewolves, zombies, banshees, ghosts, ghouls etc. would be cool. I think Cheryl would probably end up a banshee simply because it suits Archer's view of her as kind of annoying to give her a power based around screaming. Similarily, I'd imagine Mallory as a ghost who simply refuses to give Archer peace even after she dies could be a good angle for the way he thinks of her. Or Cyril as a Twilight style vampire, simply so Archer can loathe him for betraying what he thinks a vampire could/should be.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
They should do star trek. Archer can run a burger bar in 10 forward

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I would definitely watch the poo poo out of a vampire Cyril episode, especially if it has a protracted fight scene where Archer finally leads him into direct sunlight, only to have him start sparkling awkwardly.

Naturally, Archer would end up defeating the vampire with his BAC.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Binged the season, Lana and Archer only really interact a couple of times huh

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Calaveron posted:

Binged the season, Lana and Archer only really interact a couple of times huh

That was kind of refreshing. Pam and Archer are a much better comedy duo.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
What about a Heavy Metal inspired season? Have Archer think he's woken up into some sort of post apocalyptic fantasy with wizards and hover cycles? I'd love some more Metal Hurlant.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ZorajitZorajit posted:

What about a Heavy Metal inspired season? Have Archer think he's woken up into some sort of post apocalyptic fantasy with wizards and hover cycles? I'd love some more Metal Hurlant.

That sounds more like a Krieger coma dream, tbh.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

ZorajitZorajit posted:

The animation style is just too jarringly different. You'd almost have to hire a new team of traditional animators and make sure that they only worked while very drunk to pull it off.

Proteus Jones posted:

That sounds more like a Krieger coma dream, tbh.

And also this.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also not enough Cheryl/Carol/Charlotte being a horrible sex weirdo

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
At this point Pam has basically usurped both Lana and Cheryl as "most interesting foil/friend/unabashedly depraved companion" for Archer.

Also, coconut bikini. I mean, goddamn.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Laterite posted:

At this point Pam has basically usurped both Lana and Cheryl as "most interesting foil/friend/unabashedly depraved companion" for Archer.

Also, coconut bikini. I mean, goddamn.

Oh absolutely. I can’t wait to see what they do with her next year but I hope she’s still a seven foot amazoness

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
People give Vice a lot of poo poo but I think s7 is a lot worse

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Calaveron posted:

Oh absolutely. I can’t wait to see what they do with her next year but I hope she’s still a seven foot amazoness

I'm now picturing Pam as a Frank Frazetta warrior woman.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

https://twitter.com/archerfxx/status/1020477206835781632?s=21

And to confirm - we’re going to.... space!

https://twitter.com/archerfxx/status/1020555544690479104?s=21

Red Oktober fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 22, 2018

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Wonder if it’ll be a thing where it’s not a coma dream and they just froze Archer until humanity found a cure to getting shot in the chest like three times and then lie facedown in a pool for at least two times more than humanly possible considering the holes in chest circumstances

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Can Kreiger still be a parrot though? Birds can survive in space, right?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Can Kreiger still be a parrot though? Birds can survive in space, right?

From the second video, Kreiger will be a synthetic human, sadly not a parrot. .

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Crackers is the best character in anything ever written. Now I think every show should convert a character to a parrot for one season. Preferably unremarked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The title is the best part. Archer: 1999