Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

I don't ever remember Chuck being a fast striker, just a dude with school busses for hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfVzFRHKQEk

The flurry at the end is pretty fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/1016713670741647363

The next leg of the HW GP has been announced; Matt Mitrione vs Ryan Bader , Oct 12.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I figured Chael/Fedor would be first up. I wonder if they're having trouble getting Fedor signed.

Also Meathead is gonna straight gently caress up Bader.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Coker said after Bellator 201 they wanted both semifinals to happen close together and specifically mentioned wanting stuff in October, not ruling out events on back-to-back nights. I don't think that last part is gonna happen necessarily, but they are experimenting with that format (see 202 and 203 happening on the 13th and 14th)

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
if Ryan Bader is a light heavyweight what is he doing in the heavyweight grand prix? Were they short on actual heavyweights that people wanted to watch fight?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MrBling posted:

if Ryan Bader is a light heavyweight what is he doing in the heavyweight grand prix? Were they short on actual heavyweights that people wanted to watch fight?

Well Kimbo and Dada are dead sooo

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

MrBling posted:

Lol, you know middleweight GOAT Chael P Sonnen is in the tournament, right?

And yes. How many Bellator heavyweights can anyone name? Besides the ones from UFC.

Gotta make that Grand Prix shine.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

FishBowlRobot posted:

Lol, you know middleweight GOAT Chael P Sonnen is in the tournament, right?

And yes. How many Bellator heavyweights can anyone name? Besides the ones from UFC.

Gotta make that Grand Prix shine.

Should have probably just called it an openweight grand prix then. That way they could have gotten in some of the super huge guys too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Heavyweights are more of a draw

Look to the best thread this subforum's ever made, the goldmined history of the UFC trashweight division champion thread, if you need more proof of that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MrBling posted:

Should have probably just called it an openweight grand prix then. That way they could have gotten in some of the super huge guys too.

Openweight won't get sanctioned in the USA, but everyone that would fight in openweight anyways already weighs above 206 without trouble so there's no need to call it that.

For those that missed it, the opening round featured Chael Sonnen decisively outboxing and outwrestling a 265lbs Rampage Jackson for 15 minutes, Frank Mir getting murked by Fedor, Matt Mitrione in a shockingly (not really) boring fight with Roy Nelson, and Ryan Bader sparked king mo out the gate.

The remaining fights are Sonnen/Fedor and Mitrione/Bader.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

my money's on Mitrione, who is seemingly flourishing in Bellator.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Mr. Nice! posted:

Openweight won't get sanctioned in the USA, but everyone that would fight in openweight anyways already weighs above 206 without trouble so there's no need to call it that.

For those that missed it, the opening round featured Chael Sonnen decisively outboxing and outwrestling a 265lbs Rampage Jackson for 15 minutes, Frank Mir getting murked by Fedor, Matt Mitrione in a shockingly (not really) boring fight with Roy Nelson, and Ryan Bader sparked king mo out the gate.

The remaining fights are Sonnen/Fedor and Mitrione/Bader.

The whole thing is so Bellator, much trashweight, wow.

I can't wait for October.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Chris James 2 posted:

Look to the best thread this subforum's ever made, the goldmined history of the UFC trashweight division champion thread, if you need more proof of that

The only other goldmined mma thread was one about my m8 James.

(He's not fighting ever again he says by the way)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, they desperately want a heavyweight champion again, they haven't had a heavyweight title fight in four goddamn years. It'll be way more hilarious if that winds up being Ryan Bader.

god, I need to make another one of those threads

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Wait, that DaDa dude died?

Next your going to tell me it was a heart attack and not the MEAN STREETS OF FLOO-rida.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

DaDa died during the Kimbo fight but got better

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheTofuShop posted:

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/1016713670741647363

The next leg of the HW GP has been announced; Matt Mitrione vs Ryan Bader , Oct 12.

Neanderthal brow ridges. Is everyone on high doses of human growth hormone?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Probably

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

speaking of Kimbo Slice:

https://twitter.com/TheRoot/status/1017040071852281856

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
the movie should just be Kimbo Slice BBQing recipes

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

coconono posted:

my money's on Mitrione, who is seemingly flourishing in Bellator.

I dunno, the way Roy was getting him on the ground was kinda sad. Though Bader is very good at getting owned.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

If the movie poster and trailer don't ask if the enemy is the inner me the whole project is worthless.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The time period where Kimbo was the bodyguard for Bang Bros better be at least 60% of this film.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

red19fire posted:

The time period where Kimbo was the bodyguard for Bang Bros better be at least 60% of this film.

Julian Lane had his own fight promotion?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

red19fire posted:

It was SublimeDirectory. I hated working with them. Kimbo was cool, though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheKingslayer posted:

I dunno, the way Roy was getting him on the ground was kinda sad. Though Bader is very good at getting owned.

Mitrione also tore through Fedor like it was a matter of national pride(it was). Heavyweight is really inconsistent especially outside of UFC.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It was SublimeDirectory. I hated working with them. Kimbo was cool, though.

Any good stories? I've always heard positive things about Kimbo and negative things about his entourage.

Well, heard.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

coconono posted:

Mitrione also tore through Fedor like it was a matter of national pride(it was). Heavyweight is really inconsistent especially outside of UFC.

Didn’t Mitrione get wobbled by Fedor? IIRC they hurt each other but Matt recovered faster and finished the job.

Maybe Mitrione could revive his signature: dive into a choke and tap like a madman.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I completely forgot Meathead already smashed Fedor once before. Not like it's gonna matter. Chael is gonna beat him, too.

FishBowlRobot posted:

Didn’t Mitrione get wobbled by Fedor? IIRC they hurt each other but Matt recovered faster and finished the job.

Maybe Mitrione could revive his signature: dive into a choke and tap like a madman.

Just watched the fight. They hit each other at the same time, but I think Mitrione is more of a slip where Fedor was extremely rocked.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

coconono posted:

No question. I mean I would love to see Bader knocked stupid again as much as anyone. Could you imagine Bader vs Fedor? Yuck.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Mr. Nice! posted:

Just watched the fight. They hit each other at the same time, but I think Mitrione is more of a slip where Fedor was extremely rocked.

In a post interview, Mitrione said something like, "I went out momentarily. When I came to, I was sitting on the ground and saw Fedor down, and I told myself, better get up and knock his rear end out."

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
Who will play Roy Nelson in the kimbo movie

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Biafraid posted:

Just get professional actor Roy Nelson. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3027876/?ref_=nv_sr_4
Or Danny McBride.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Biafraid posted:

daniel day lewis

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kimbo305 posted:

In a post interview, Mitrione said something like, "I went out momentarily. When I came to, I was sitting on the ground and saw Fedor down, and I told myself, better get up and knock his rear end out."

You're right. He got flashed out, too, but came up quicker.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Biafraid posted:

The actual moon, but in the movie kimbo succeeds in bench pressing it off himself.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Biafraid posted:

John Goodman.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Log posted:

Any good stories? I've always heard positive things about Kimbo and negative things about his entourage.

Well, heard.

Nothing worth relating. Mostly bumping into him/them at industry events. He came across exactly how you’d expect from his backyard fight videos.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Biafraid posted:

Scarlett Johansson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

Scarlett Johansson

lol