Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Breakfast Feud posted:

The multiple tactical snacks (tac-snacs, as operators say) and single bottle of water tell me all I need to know about this person's physique and their idea of physical exertion.

~230 rounds of ammo, ~half a liter of water. Now there's a person who has their priorities straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Delta Force personnel are called "Operators", and they are the qunitisential badass commando archetype. The military at large has started using "operator" as a coloqialism for any special operations guys.

So when tactical cosplay chuds refer to themselves as "operators", is it stolen valor or cultural appropriation?

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Maybe I just lack the TAC-OPS MINDSET but if someone has successfully taken my gun AND my knife I'm probably going to consider myself to be Heartily Owned and start considering cowering, negotiating and fleeing as options. Additional knives really just seem like I'd just be making more trouble for myself.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Thats why you keep one specifically for Seppuku.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Spring loaded knife in my girdle pointing inwards that triggers when i poo poo myself and thrusts into my guts

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I knew a guy who carried one gun in his waistband and then another one next to his nuts, no he was not Val Kilmer from Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

So when tactical cosplay chuds refer to themselves as "operators", is it stolen valor or cultural appropriation?

It’s buying an identity.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

snergle posted:

white supremacist, norse pagan, or guy who really likes mad max fury road

Norse stuff + Tactilol is pretty much an instant win on White Supremacist Bingo

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Bar Crow posted:

It’s buying an identity.

So the answer is "Yes".

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Wears camo stuff on the reg
Has a goatee or scruff beard

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bony tony posted:

Wears camo stuff on the reg
Has a goatee or scruff beard

Uses the word "Civilian" regularly.
When a mass shooting happens, they're always talking about how they would have stopped it.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

My EDC includes a TactiStrike Operator Longaxe and a copy of the Norse Sagas. :godwinning:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Just a thought, but if I carried a concealed weapon because I was afraid of someone shooting up the office, I'd keep loving quiet about it. Last thing I want is Bill from Accounting loading mags for AR-15 and thinking "Today's the day. Better start with Sunswipe, because that fucker never shuts up about how he's got three guns and a bulletproof briefcase."

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Zil posted:

What the hell is that lean body stuff?

Looked it up, its a meal replacement shake that doesn't seem like it would be all that handy to have if you were really in a "war zone"

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

It fits with their general theme then.
Good on them for consistency.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spring loaded knife in my girdle pointing inwards that triggers when i poo poo myself and thrusts into my guts

The GBS suicide special

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

The moron labia, key chain/bottle opener thing really ties it together.

And as always, friends...... Stay. Tactical.

I'm not American so I don't know poo poo about carrying weapons on a daily basis. Anyhow I was wondering, are you supposed to loosen those screws with a screwdriver whenever you get a sudden need for your gun?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bolivar posted:

I'm not American so I don't know poo poo about carrying weapons on a daily basis. Anyhow I was wondering, are you supposed to loosen those screws with a screwdriver whenever you get a sudden need for your gun?

It’s a Kydex holster. Basically plastic formed in the shape of the gun, which bends slightly when you put pressure on it. The gun sits tightly under friction so it won’t fall out even if you hold it upside-down and shake it, but a hard tug will get it out. It’s the step below active retention holsters that require pressing buttons or rotating the gun a certain way to unlock it.

The screws are for adjusting how tightly the holster fits the gun. Some also fit the belt loops with screws so you can replace them (like if your belt is too wide).

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

BLAZE

OPS

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hate that I picture everyone who originally posted those images are 300lb bearded guys who have no visible sources of income.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

That Iron Cross wrist band with winged skulls tho

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That Iron Cross wrist band with winged skulls tho

Are they a Vetern Space Marine?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I'm the Tactical Robot Penis

Either one.

e: Also loving lol at that knife. Just get good at the gun and you don't need the knife made specifically for stabbing motherfuckers.

Queen-Of-Hearts has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Jul 12, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I went to find content to contribute and googled sad everyday carry, and Sebastian Gorka was suggested.

These guys are all obsessed with guns and cigars aren't they? They all seem to have cigar cutters and matches on them.

I like the slingshot and tactical fidget spinner. This person is clearly 15.

That axe :stare:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Axe and two knives. Why bother with a gun at that point?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pirate Radar posted:

Axe and two knives. Why bother with a gun at that point?

The gun is to wound, the axe is to finish them off.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
the gun extends the range of a throwing axe. you throw it it and then shoot it to make it fly further

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The axe is there so you can easily harvest skulls for the skull throne.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

twistedmentat posted:

These guys are all obsessed with guns and cigars aren't they? They all seem to have cigar cutters and matches on them.

It's another part of cargo cult masculinity, since cigars are considered classy by these mouthbreathers. I'm sure they have a tedious rant about how it's better to light it with a match because zzzz

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I hate that I picture everyone who originally posted those images are 300lb bearded guys who have no visible sources of income.

They probably work at a Kinkos or something.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The majority of the ones ive seen with labels are from mid 20s to 30s males in IT.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

The majority of the ones ive seen with labels are from mid 20s to 30s males in IT.

Never know when a terrorist is going to break into the server room! Like they'd be there, more likely in thr break room or in the can.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

bony tony posted:

It's another part of cargo cult masculinity, since cigars are considered classy by these mouthbreathers. I'm sure they have a tedious rant about how it's better to light it with a match because zzzz

That's something that gets mentioned in the first Hellboy movie. No idea if true or not

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
People come up with all kinds of arcane rituals for lighting cigars with the right kind of wood or gently waving them at fire or something but honestly as long as you’re not using a Zippo it doesn’t matter. People will still carry around Porsche-branded cutters and lighters that cost upwards of a hundred bucks because ~class~ but any reasonably sharp object and a Bic will do just as well.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

They're still sucking nicotine juice out of a robot's dick, figuratively speaking

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Seriously, those knives are the dumbest loving thing. Having like a leatherman or swiss army knife or something else utility-based is one thing, but most of these are designed specifically for combat. Well, as much as you can design something for "combat" when it's got like a 2" blade. What is even the point of that? You're already carrying a handgun, which tends to be more or less the most effective weapon you can get. What possible circumstance are you expecting where your gun doesn't do the trick but your lovely little tryhard knife makes the difference?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ambitious Spider posted:

That's something that gets mentioned in the first Hellboy movie. No idea if true or not

The only real important part as far as I know is not to use a fluid lighter because it can transfer the lighter fluid taste.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Someone gave me some cigars once. I have no idea what to do with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

The only real important part as far as I know is not to use a fluid lighter because it can transfer the lighter fluid taste.

Doesn't really matter since in blind tests no cigar aficionado would ever be able to discern between a supposedly good cigar and a nice big turd. Just close your eyes man.

• Locked thread