Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

n8r posted:

What show was this?

Sklarboro going to Feral Audio, and Feral folding shortly thereafter when it came out that Dustin Marshall was...not a cool dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

the thing you said is not different from the thing i said

My point was that the joke was about the Sklar's bad luck/bad deal and less about Dustin Marshall being a suicidial misogynist with mental illness leading to his company folding. It's pedantic, but :shrug:

Also it was a very funny joke and you're a basic burger bitch for calling the boys dildos.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
"So it's me, and Balrog... The boxer..."

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Franchescanado posted:

My point was that the joke was about the Sklar's bad luck/bad deal and less about Dustin Marshall being a suicidial misogynist with mental illness leading to his company folding. It's pedantic, but :shrug:

Also it was a very funny joke and you're a basic burger bitch for calling the boys dildos.

woosh

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If you love jokes about Adam Sachs and Dustin Marshall, this is the pod for you.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

WerthersWay posted:

If you love jokes about Adam Sachs and Dustin Marshall, this is the pod for you.

from now on i ONLY want comedy revolving around the juiceman's shoes

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

cams posted:

the thing you said is not different from the thing i said

you think it's an Inside Joke because your taste is special

everyone can relate to coworkers bailing for a supposedly-prestigious-job that blows up in their face and humbles them back to your level

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

An insider's guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red carpet-lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Whatup whatup

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I am a week behind, but the laundromat story is just peak Sean. Does anyone remember what episode his story about the guy getting beat up outside the concert was from?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

I am a week behind, but the laundromat story is just peak Sean. Does anyone remember what episode his story about the guy getting beat up outside the concert was from?

dave holmes

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
hehehehhehe -Julia Roberts

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, the Off Book anniversary episode was a blast. Confusing, silly, all over the place, but a real good time. It's one of those shows that I sometimes pause and forget to come back to because it gets a little too silly and hard to follow if you're not paying 100% attention, like early Spont, but Jess and Zach are so infectiously sweet and positive that it's hard not to love.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, the Off Book anniversary episode was a blast. Confusing, silly, all over the place, but a real good time. It's one of those shows that I sometimes pause and forget to come back to because it gets a little too silly and hard to follow if you're not paying 100% attention, like early Spont, but Jess and Zach are so infectiously sweet and positive that it's hard not to love.

My hatred of musical improv continues unabated but I skimmed through the songs to the riffs in between and even listening to it that way it's pretty great, PFT's impression of Carl Tart really got me.

Also, unrelated but cool (especially for people who would listen to James Bonding if it weren't for Other Matt):

https://twitter.com/MattGourley/status/1017841928304332800

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That sounds like a fun one, I’ve only seen a few of F13ths so could be an excuse to subject myself to the rest. Already seen Jason Takes Manhattan, which is a pinnacle of filmmaking.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

But I want it now :mad:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

That sounds like a fun one, I’ve only seen a few of F13ths so could be an excuse to subject myself to the rest. Already seen Jason Takes Manhattan, which is a pinnacle of filmmaking.

jason goes to hell is even better

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I just got tickets for How Did This Get Made when they come to DC in November. Whatever movie we watch, it's going to be hard to top Howling 2 from last time. That was a tough one to get through.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Seeing this AV Club interview with Gethard within like 15 minutes of waking up this morning made the very first second of today's HH that much funnier.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

This week's James Bonding might have the highest digression/actual content ratio of any episode yet. And not even really interesting digression. And it's almost two hours long.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1019654097765449728

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

So now that the show is nearing its end, did anyone else get really into REM via the podcast? I only knew them through their mega hit 90s singles and never gave them a chance. But their output in the 80s is so good and it’s now impossible for me to not hear how nearly every indie band after was influenced by them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This was the worst U Talkin' cause they didn't put the side-podcast stings in.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I was already way into REM, including having all of their bad albums (up, reveal, around the sun) but this podcast did make me appreciate lifes rixh pageant more.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

WerthersWay posted:

So now that the show is nearing its end, did anyone else get really into REM via the podcast?

gently caress no.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I actually got a little into U2 from UTU2TM. I didn't really know REM before the show, but having listened to them I now know REM bores the poo poo out of me.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WerthersWay posted:

So now that the show is nearing its end, did anyone else get really into REM via the podcast? I only knew them through their mega hit 90s singles and never gave them a chance. But their output in the 80s is so good and it’s now impossible for me to not hear how nearly every indie band after was influenced by them.

Yeah, I did. I really liked Murmur and a few of the mega hits like "It's the End of the World" and "Losing My Religion" before the podcast, but that was pretty much it for me. Now I listen to them every day. The podcast introducing me to "Nightswimming" alone was worth the price of admission, let alone all the other great songs.

It's come up a few times on twitter and on the show that they both love Talking Heads and Prince, either of which would be amazing. Talking Heads would be awesome, but they could just keep going with David Byrne's solo career for 10 more records (20+ if they include the soundtracks he's done) , plus The Tom Tom Club for a few albums.

"R U Talking Talking Heads Head To Head With Me?"

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

WerthersWay posted:

So now that the show is nearing its end, did anyone else get really into REM via the podcast?
Yeah, I'm really into this one song now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3zexOG1H-Y

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I went from "I have no strong opinions about REM" to "I really do not care for REM"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Looking at this page number, and I now really want the 411 on 311.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

WerthersWay posted:

Before , the only album I ever owned was Green (and I saw them on the Green tour). The podcast made me finally give the previous albums some attention. I also am surprised to find I'm not hating all the newer stuff.

I adore "U Talkin U2 2 Me" as a podcast, but it did absolutely nothing to improve my opinion of post-Joshua Tree U2.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Chairman Capone posted:

This week's James Bonding might have the highest digression/actual content ratio of any episode yet. And not even really interesting digression. And it's almost two hours long.

This episode was devastating to listen to. They just keep going in circles about how it's okay to talk about problematic parts of the bond franchise, and they don't understand why people tell them to stop. Then went over the same thing like three more times.

Then went over the female James Bond thing, and went over it again and again and again.

I don't really mind them discussing that stuff, but it was just circling the drain for like an hour.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

u talkin u2 made me really appreciate Joshua Tree and maybe one or two other albums that u2 made. Joshua Tree has some tracks that I think are quite brilliant.

nothing at all for rem, except for those 2 or 3 songs that you've heard many times and are now the sounds of the 90s

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I actually liked the songs of innocence. No great songs but the podcast made me like it more and give it a chance.

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

cams posted:

in 2018, the peak of comedy is two dildos on a podcast network making a very inside joke about the troubles of another podcast network

It's either that or a comedy special where the marketing campaign made it very clear that it was just special, no comedy. You have to choose

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
Not liking REM at least up through Automatic For The People is a sign of moral weakness

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

The best comedy is rape jokes - Nick Mullen and Cameron Esposito.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Amanda Lund + Maria Blasucci posted a kickstarter for a podcast network run by women called Earios

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1936438128/earios-a-woman-run-podcast-network

You can get Matt Gourley on your podcast for $250!

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 23, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's a drat good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm going to make Matt Gourly watch and discuss the TV Show Rosewood.