Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I can't feel pity for this man. He posted that photo of himself. I wish the Uber would've run him over and then charged him extra for damages.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/07/11/uber-rider-charged-250-for-7-minute-trip.html

quote:

Iain McHenry was visiting Miami from England when he booked a $9.07 ride to his hotel on the evening June 4, only to wake up the next morning to find that he’d been charged $252.05 for the seven-minute trip.

It turns out that the driver had continued on to Port St. Lucie 115 miles away, then returned to the hotel hours later before ending the fare.

I thought Notch lived in LA now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no youre a liberal
Mar 28, 2009

our future
what terrible service; I would only tip 15%

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

haterade posted:

what terrible service; I would only tip 15%

I would tip my trilby at them, m'lady.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

Born with all the gross features of Notch but none of the wealth that comes with being Notch. A fate worse than death.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Bath Tubs posted:

Born with all the gross features of Notch but none of the wealth that comes with being Notch. A fate worse than death.
Bet that English motherfucker doesn't even own a single wall in his house made entirely of candy.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Lmao that's why this gig economy bullshit is a bad idea, here I will just input my financial information in your app and trust nothing bad will happen with it.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
moments after this picture was taken the extra strain from putting his fedora back on caused a button on his shirt to come flying off and crack the lens

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Breakfast Feud posted:

moments after this picture was taken the extra strain from putting his fedora back on caused a button on his shirt to come flying off and crack the lens

Those buttons are already groaning under pressure. This photo was taken seconds before someone lost an eye.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
That's why when I wish to adjourn my promenade I carry my cane or walkingstick with me into the vestibule of the motorcarriage. Adorned as I am, a gentleman, the neerdowell driver shall attempt no banditry, for I am a man of the world. He senses, as an animal senses, the hanzo blade within my cane. Tarry not, driver. I shall deign that you have two of whatever your fee is, but make haste to the Lego Factory.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
As much as I want to hate on this fat, fedora-wearing dumbass, I loving hate Uber and all it stands for. I shall pray for a class-action lawsuit to get this man a taxi coupon, end Uber as a company, and leave Travis Kalanick in perpetual poverty. He can join the hand job gig economy.

sick brunch kills
Nov 18, 2016

Brunch DJ goin' hard as fuck

This avatar brought to you by the Lowtax Needs a New Spine Fund
I wanna hear some Notch stories, what’s his deal

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

sick brunch kills posted:

He's fat, rich, and sad that women don't want his dick.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

He tweets about how awesome it is being white in the most expensive house in California and tipping people thousands of dollars on Twitch while everyone simultaneously groans when finding out Notch is watching them. He's a literal billionaire who tweets about how he saw boobs one time on his birthday and has a room dedicated to just candy. He chumped out on giving a fair share of his wealth to his friends/coworkers that actually made mine craft what it is and whines about how he has no friends because of that.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
i'm pretty sure this is his twitter using my state of the art 'google for name' technique

https://twitter.com/iainmchenry?lang=en

complaining about a dirty seat and tray on a plane

complaining about a train service not being shown on wallboards

complaining about broken turnstyles

complaining about being on hold trying to cancel a membership

and the best, complaining about 'audacious laughing'

what's his SA name??

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

BloodRed posted:

i'm pretty sure this is his twitter using my state of the art 'google for name' technique

https://twitter.com/iainmchenry?lang=en

complaining about a dirty seat and tray on a plane

complaining about a train service not being shown on wallboards

complaining about broken turnstyles

complaining about being on hold trying to cancel a membership

and the best, complaining about 'audacious laughing'

what's his SA name??

Despite his exuberant and portly appearance, on the inside he is a shrunken, shriveled curmudgeon of a manlet.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
If I was notch I would just watch TV, jerk off and play video games all day and be happy as a clam.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That sounds like your current life just with seafood?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I am no expert, but I think we're re-inventing the wheel here with uber and lyft, overcharged fairs and sexual/physical harassment is why chauffeur licenses exist.

But johnny-english tribllytiant had it coming, especially in Florida. Floridians seem to hate anyone from the UK

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Amateur Saboteur posted:

That sounds like your current life just with seafood?

I have to work though. If I had notch money I'd never have to leave the house. Plus I could hire the world's greatest podiatrist to fix my dang feet.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
ian mchenry lmao

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Dennis System posted:

I have to work though. If I had notch money I'd never have to leave the house. Plus I could hire the world's greatest podiatrist to fix my dang feet.
Drive up to your local government and scream "help! I have freaky freak feet" they will put you on a disability stipend and now begins euphoria.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

people hate him cause they ain't him

a lot of people on GBS are jealous of billionaires

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Ein cooler Typ posted:

It's true, I wish I was batman

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if I was a billionaire and still managed to cry about how no one likes me on Twitter all day to the point that Snoop Dogg says "chill bro come smoke weed with me" but then I turn him down and cry more then I might just want to kill myself idk

What I'm saying is I'm not sure if jealous is the right word. I'm just part of the howling chorus that haunts him.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Notch is like those people who win the lottery and then ruin their lives and go around saying that winning the lottery was the worst thing that ever happened to them.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Linux Pirate posted:

I am no expert, but I think we're re-inventing the wheel here with uber and lyft, overcharged fairs and sexual/physical harassment is why chauffeur licenses exist.

Companies like Uber and AirBnB didn't innovate by inventing apps, they innovated by inventing apps that let them magically avoid regulations.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

quote:

The large charge also overdrew McHenry’s debit card account
dude doesnt even have $250 to his name and hes vacationing on another continent

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Companies like Uber and AirBnB didn't innovate by inventing apps, they innovated by inventing apps that let them magically avoid regulations.

Bingo

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ive had the Uber app not register that Id been dropped off before, they have pretty good customer service and refunded me within a couple hours. This isnt news, this is an entitled whiny jackass complaining about nothing. What a loving child.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

gary oldmans diary posted:

dude doesnt even have $250 to his name and hes vacationing on another continent

Haven't you ever gone on a worldwide adventure with nothing more than a knapsack of effects and dick-sucking lips? Just me?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I’m not greedy I’ll jist take a few mil notch hit me up bro

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
This dude went to vacation in Miami Beach and went back to his hotel at 10:40 lol

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Oh he doesn't have any money that makes sense (except for the part where he decided to visit Miami in the first place)

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

A lot of people also hate him because he's revolting.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
Wait nvm the hotel was the origin

The destination doesn't really have anything there except for like a grocery store and a burger king and a subway

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
wait the story says that the hotel was indeed his destination and the only reason he could dispute the charge was because he proved that he indeed was in his hotel room from 11pm-3am on his miami vacation

lol

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I love that Uber doesn't have a way to tip drivers unless you do it to cash because I hate tipping.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Grem posted:

I love that Uber doesn't have a way to tip drivers unless you do it to cash because I hate tipping.

wtf yes it does

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

feelix posted:

wait the story says that the hotel was indeed his destination and the only reason he could dispute the charge was because he proved that he indeed was in his hotel room from 11pm-3am on his miami vacation

lol

So Uber was basically counting on the guy choosing to not publicly own himself over $250.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

feelix posted:

wtf yes it does

Really? It didn't the last time I used it.

• Locked thread