Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Unless you've been blackout drunk for the past few weeks, you've probably heard of Sacha Baron Cohen's most recent project. He hinted it on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/SachaBaronCohen/status/1016082033099997184

He revealed the title:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/jul/10/sacha-baron-cohen-who-is-america-trump-tv-event

And one of the victims of his ruse is already trying to play damage control:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/11/europe/palin-rage-sacha-baron-cohen-interview-intl/index.html

Based on what we've seen, it looks like some of the key players will be:
*Dick "Shoot Straight" Cheney
*"Sloppy" Sarah Palin

Who else do you think Cohen fooled?

My Predictions:
*Steve King (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE)
*Alex Jones (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE)
*Alan Dershowitz
*Keith Olbermann
*Sean Hannity
*Paula Abdul (hopefully using human furniture again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

op works for sachha baron cohen. there's no way someone would make a thread this bad without being financially compensated.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

I would say that if Cohen has been shooting this show for the past 2 years, he could have most definitely scored an interview with Trump prier to winning the election. But the fat bitch probably would have tweeted something out by now bashing him. Maybe Pence, but I really hope he got an interview with Trump.

My mental list of who I hope makes an appearance is this.

1) A former US president. If he could get an interview with former VP Dick Cheney and get him to sign a loving water board, I can see him holding onto something as juicy as a former president interview for when the show airs. I hope he interviews Jimmy Carter or something cause I imagine he wouldn't be that hard to get since most of the population probably forget he is still alive like I do all the time.
2) Chris Christie
3) Mike Huckabee
4) Sean Spicier (After he left the white house)
5) Rudi Guiliani (After his strange speech at the RNC last year but before being Trumps lawyer.

But seriously who the gently caress knows who he actually got, the fact he got Dick Cheney alone is incredible and sets the bar sky high for anyone else he could have scored access too.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Huckabee is a good guess. Dude did Triumph's Election Special knowingly, so I'm guessing he thought any interview would be good publicity.

Yeah, getting Dick Cheney is pretty amazing. The fact that he signed the "waterboarding kit" is just :vince: levels of crazy. Dis gon be gud.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The song is called “this is America” OP please do some fact checking

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
lol Cheney was happy to sign it too

that dude sleeps a solid 8 hours every night without a care and that's hilarious

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

VikingSkull posted:

lol Cheney was happy to sign it too

that dude sleeps a solid 8 hours every night without a care and that's hilarious

He's more machine than man now.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Just saw this article about Sarah Palin getting snookered by it, and :holymoley: it's good for a :lol:

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/11/17561254/sarah-palin-sacha-baron-cohen-who-is-america

quote:

Palin said she was treated poorly, mocked with sarcasm, and said she left the interview early after reaching a breaking point with Baron Cohen. Following the interview, Palin said she was intentionally left at the wrong Washington, DC, airport to really drive the joke home.

That last part is :discourse:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I HOPE EVERYONE DIES!!!!!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Chinatown posted:

As do I, but at the same time?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

cant wait to watch it lol very nice

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i rewatched borat a few days ago for the first time since like high school and the awful poo poo he got people to say especially at the rodeo and hummer dealership was A+ and i cant wait to see our overlords falling for the same gimmick

might see it in theaters on opening day since i live in alabama and i want to see everyone file out all angry

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Blast of Confetti posted:

might see it in theaters on opening day since i live in alabama and i want to see everyone file out all angry

Nice, I hope you get to see some chud tears like in Bruno with his Straight Dave's Man Slamming Maxout bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFAIn3YNP_U

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bogus Adventure posted:

Nice, I hope you get to see some chud tears like in Bruno with his Straight Dave's Man Slamming Maxout bit

lmao i need to watch bruno now

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

lmao i need to watch bruno now

It's not as good as Borat, but still kind of funny. You also get to see Sacha Baron Cohen's dick. Not sure if that's a plus or a minus.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Lmao at Dick Cheney signing the waterboard kit. This movie is going to be amazing.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Bogus Adventure posted:

Lol it takes me double the run time to watch his stuff because I have to pause and cringe/laugh so often

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Bogus Adventure posted:

Holy gently caress I haven't laughed so hard in the last decade.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

You just have to admire Cohen and that other guy, they could have gotten themselves killed.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
Joe Walsh has also confirmed that he got done too http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/joe-walsh-says-he-was-also-duped-by-sacha-baron-cohen.html

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Chinatown posted:

We will. They have unearthed the giant black sarcophagus of our new master. I'm certain we'll be scarab food soon.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I thought he gave up trying to trick people because how could any politician actually be stupid enough to not check if somebody is sacha baron cohen after bruno had a scene where he got ron paul alone in a room and tried to gently caress him

so he started making stunningly desperate movies where he was like "what if... infant homicide... and diarrhea!!" and nobody was biting and I felt kind of bad for him but not bad enough to watch them

glad(?) to see that it turns out politicians are dumber than a sack of poo poo and he can apparently just keep doing this

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Cubone posted:

I thought he gave up trying to trick people because how could any politician actually be stupid enough to not check if somebody is sacha baron cohen after bruno had a scene where he got ron paul alone in a room and tried to gently caress him

so he started making stunningly desperate movies where he was like "what if... infant homicide... and diarrhea!!" and nobody was biting and I felt kind of bad for him but not bad enough to watch them

glad(?) to see that it turns out politicians are dumber than a sack of poo poo and he can apparently just keep doing this

He also looks middle eastern , and being potentially Israeli or Saudi politicians are blinded by dollar signs in their eyes

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
You just know that there's gonna be at least one person who - despite all the publicity - isn't gonna connect the news with that mysterious foreign man who wanted an interview a few months back, and kept asking about whether he thought Jews were responsible for global warming.

Until he gets a call from a friend one evening asking if he has Showtime, and then suggests he might want to turn on the TV

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

And that man's name was Alex Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pud_ql9xJAg

I'd feel sorry for these people if they weren't so loving stupid to fall for it in the first place. Like, this bit with Eric Andre above is just amazing because Alex thinks he's Trevor Noah.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Roy Moore got Cohen'd lol

https://twitter.com/RosieGray/status/1017496007725248512

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

Grevling posted:

You just have to admire Cohen and that other guy, they could have gotten themselves killed.

I was just about to post that same thing, being that committed to a joke is loving insane. Even in an MMA cage like that I would be making GBS threads myself.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

:getin:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

In honor of Cohen tricking Roy Moore, here he is as Bruno in Alabama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSTukGu-Ut4

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

i rewatched borat a few days ago for the first time since like high school and the awful poo poo he got people to say especially at the rodeo and hummer dealership was A+ and i cant wait to see our overlords falling for the same gimmick

it's a TV show not a movie

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Oh poo poo, add Joe Arpaio to the list!

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1017551430734045184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I’ve been blackout drunk for the past few weeks

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thread is going to be 500 page long and every other post will be some new idiot GOP talking head getting duped in to doing this

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

This smacks of "I did a racism but consider our strong Christian white nation also I'm a veteran."

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Untrustable posted:

This smacks of "I did a racism but consider our strong Christian white nation also I'm a veteran."

shocking from the guy whose defense for asking 16 year old girls out was he asked their parents first

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Bath Tubs posted:

I would say that if Cohen has been shooting this show for the past 2 years, he could have most definitely scored an interview with Trump prier to winning the election. But the fat bitch probably would have tweeted something out by now bashing him. Maybe Pence, but I really hope he got an interview with Trump.

Trump is one of the few people who ever caught on that it was all a wind up when he got interviewed for Ali G and I think he’s had Cohen on his poo poo list ever since.

I doubt he’d manage to get in a room with Trump again but I’d be happy to be wrong.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i flashed back to a lot of cohen's work because i was walking my dog last week and a neighbor from down the street (some 60+ year old gently caress) started chatting to me and casually dropped this gem:

neighbor: "oh your dog looks a lot like the one our friends around the corner had about 10 years ago. man, that was a good dog."
me: "oh yeah?"
neighbor: "yeah, really sweet, always happy. it disappeared, though, and that was really sad."
me: "disappeared? that's pretty unusual. i raise shepherds, so if they were alike, well...shepherds tend to be pretty attached to their people."
neighbor: "well, i'm pretty sure i know what happened."
me: "what's that?"
neighbor: "the people next door to our friends were a big family of orientals, so...pretty sure..."
me: *insanely long, awkward pause* "that's, ah....interesting."

i live in suburbia so i'll admit, having someone all but state that they believe a family abducted, killed, and consumed a neighbor's dog just because they had yellow skin was not something i was expecting to hear when i woke up that morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chrs Gry posted:

Trump is one of the few people who ever caught on that it was all a wind up when he got interviewed for Ali G and I think he’s had Cohen on his poo poo list ever since.

I doubt he’d manage to get in a room with Trump again but I’d be happy to be wrong.

Donald Trump says he was one of the few people who caught on it was a wind up

Sacha Baron Cohen said Trump didn't catch on and they talked for several minutes longer than actually ended up in the show

Whom do you believe?

• Locked thread