Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Rirse posted:

Surprised I never see that bad ad during Bar Rescue.

Also I am not very happy with Comcast these days and would love to switch if AT&T ever puts Fiber in the area (right now it DHL only) but what happened with cable to make Direct TV hate cable so much that they have to remind us every loving ad. Did their parents get murdered by a cable repairman or something?

"Captain Morgan" was actually on the show, to promote "knowledge" of the brand. I guess people learned jack poo poo when the show would fly them to Ireland to learn about Guinness or Jameson's terrible amazing and perfect new products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

"Captain Morgan" was actually on the show, to promote "knowledge" of the brand. I guess people learned jack poo poo when the show would fly them to Ireland to learn about Guinness or Jameson's terrible amazing and perfect new products.

Yeah I noticed they stopped doing that after a while. Probably also Topper getting tired of wasting money on stuff like this and having the bar throw all his changes out within a week.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Rirse posted:

Yeah I noticed they stopped doing that after a while. Probably also Topper getting tired of wasting money on stuff like this and having the bar throw all his changes out within a week.

My wife and I are trying to suspend are disbelief but it gets harder every week.

To end this derail, liberty liberty libeeeerty liiiiibeeeerty :fuckoff: just when I started to ignore your ads, you make them more annoying.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I hate the Facebook apology so much.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Gaunab posted:

Facebook apology?

Unrelated but Tina Fey lifting up vegetables to talk about some laundry detergent is very depressing.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Gaunab posted:

Oh man it is so annoying. and all lies anyway I bet

e: also loving Trivago, and booking.com, and directline, and elitesingles and all the loving gambling websites and apps and thank goodness for being able to record the telly and fast forward the ads

McDragon fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 12, 2018

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Thin Privilege posted:

Facebook apology?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4zd7X98eOs

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I am unfortunately exposed to a very high amount of terrible daytime commercials and the worst ones are the testosterone booster protein things and also the commercials that are for two things at once like the ten hundred movie + car commercials.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Thin Privilege posted:

Facebook apology?

"We hosed up and sold your data to someone connected to Trump* and people found out about it, and then also we let a bunch of Russians and bots steal an election, but that's going to change."

*they will of course still sell your data to anyone and everyone lmao if you think otherwise

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Like the growth factor 9 ones where it’s marketed towards guys as GO LONGER AND STRONGER and LEAN MUSCLE MASS and show some guy running and dancing with his wife after he (obviously :smuggo: ) pleases her in bed, whereas they market the same product for women talking about removing fat and sagging skin? It’s funny because they NEVER show them during the same block of shows, and the woman one I’ve only seen on the TLC GO app, which they probably think used primarily by women. The male one is always on during daytime tv on a channel that shows Jerry Springer and King of Queens.

I really want to know their reasons for this discrepancy. Is it actually just sexist or do they do real research on gender about people who watch whatever show/channel/app?

IRQ posted:

"We hosed up and sold your data to someone connected to Trump* and people found out about it, and then also we let a bunch of Russians and bots steal an election, but that's going to change."

*they will of course still sell your data to anyone and everyone lmao if you think otherwise

That’s hilarious that they have tv ads about this too because every bus stop in my city has ads saying like “xyz is not your friend, Facebook is only for talking to friends and we’re working to change that!” And they’d been up for quite a while when some goon posted complaining about fake lying ads on Facebook. Makes me a bit happy (don’t mean to be smug, I quit for bad reasons), that I haven’t had a Facebook in like 7 years.

Hahaha I didn’t want to watch this at first (no offense) but lol that it’s the same as the bus ads.

What a loving lie.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 12, 2018

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Thin Privilege posted:

Facebook apology?
think dominos but the sauce is secret

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Vakal posted:

The only thing sort of interesting about these two commercials is that Karan Soni and Gillian Jacobs pass one another when they are walking about the side walk but you only see them from the side of their own commercial.

There's also a British version of the Gillian Jacobs one that's a shot for shot copy (except there's an extra line about "athleisure" that seems to be cut out of the US version) but there doesn't seem to be a corresponding ad for the Karan Soni analog.
https://youtu.be/1YBP8v6fi2w

You just can't make "Yurt it up" sound like a normal sentence though, no matter who is saying it.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Thin Privilege posted:

Unrelated but Tina Fey lifting up vegetables to talk about some laundry detergent is very depressing.

That's Maya Rudolph.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The latest Acura ad is using "Sympathy for the Devil".

Ooookay....

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

big dyke energy posted:

I am unfortunately exposed to a very high amount of terrible daytime commercials and the worst ones are the testosterone booster protein things and also the commercials that are for two things at once like the ten hundred movie + car commercials.

Let's face it there is a TESTOSTERONE problem in the USA! MEN used to BE MEN!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Clamknuckle posted:

That's Maya Rudolph.

I’m bad with names, it takes me like 10 times of saying someone’s name to them after asking “what’s your name again?” To finally remember it. Sometimes I still don’t remember. My brain just sucks.

The lady in the Crizal/Transitions glasses lens as looks like Tina Fey though.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I want to punch the lady ordering tickets in the Atoms ad. All she doing in the ad is badly quoting movies every five seconds, which makes me wonder why her friends even hang around her.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

The new Ruby Tuesday three-course whatever ad with the insufferable "triplets" has set a new record of first viewing to "gently caress dammit where's the mute button".

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rirse posted:

I want to punch the lady ordering tickets in the Atoms ad. All she doing in the ad is badly quoting movies every five seconds, which makes me wonder why her friends even hang around her.

Im the only one this bugs but all of those films she quotes strike me as being too old for her. She nor any of the people would have grown up with them, why is she constantly quoting those instead of films ostensibly shed have grown up with. Goddamit its like selling pianos!

Parachute
May 18, 2003
yall are aware that anna faris is like 40, right?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

And single :quagmire:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Parachute posted:

yall are aware that anna faris is like 40, right?

I was honestly presuming there was another Atom commercial I hadn’t seen when I saw those comments.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So it turns out that they're completely removing any trace of Papa John, so new commercials and they're going to remove him from the logo altogether. (Also the company kicked him out of his office.)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this! posted:

So it turns out that they're completely removing any trace of Papa John, so new commercials and they're going to remove him from the logo altogether. (Also the company kicked him out of his office.)

Wonder if they will have to change the name too?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I could see them doing something like just referring to the company as "Papas" in commercials and the press but I doubt they'll officially change the name.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

I could see them doing something like just referring to the company as "Papas" in commercials and the press but I doubt they'll officially change the name.

If their sales suffer over the next few months, they will absolutely change the name without hesitation. It's a good excuse to completely revamped a stale brand that was suffering already.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Introducing Papa Giovanni's

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They will change their name to Papa Murphy's.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Barudak posted:

Im the only one this bugs but all of those films she quotes strike me as being too old for her. She nor any of the people would have grown up with them, why is she constantly quoting those instead of films ostensibly shed have grown up with. Goddamit its like selling pianos!

Quotes from such obscure films as Karate Kid and Die Hard

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Redeye Flight posted:

Introducing Papa Giovanni's

Papa Gino's

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
They’ll miss which part they were supposed to change and become Grand Wizard John’s.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Papa Peyton's. Everyone still likes him, right?

(Although checking, it looks like Peyton sold his Papa John's franchises just before PJ's ran away from the NFL earlier this year.)

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Papa Schnatter's

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If anyone hates the wayfair jingles as much as I do you'll be pleased to know that according to an ex-employee one of them came from some customer support employee so they at least got it on the cheap

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Selachian posted:

Papa Peyton's. Everyone still likes him, right?

(Although checking, it looks like Peyton sold his Papa John's franchises just before PJ's ran away from the NFL earlier this year.)

Manning allegedly harassed an athletic trainer when he was 20ish and nothing came about because he's rich and powerful.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Vanderdeath posted:

Manning allegedly harassed an athletic trainer when he was 20ish and nothing came about because he's rich and powerful.

Harassed is a kind word for that, didn’t he put his balls on her?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Mahoning posted:

Harassed is a kind word for that, didn’t he put his balls on her?

Yeah and reportedly tracked her down again when he was in the league just to intimidate her further. Dude's a loving creep and now that he's retired, I hope we never have to see him or his gigantic-rear end head again.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
That loving shampoo with the ads that does a lovely job apeing the opening title sequence for Fringe. You're not ruining that show for me, assholes.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I just saw this ad for Progressive that reminds me soooo creepily of the Walmart Manager guy making the employees sing a song to the tune of Queen’s “we will rock you.” The ad is literally a guy on a megaphone telling this group of 20 people unenthusiastically singing some song and he’s like YOU GOTTA SING IT LOUDER and then they do and are like robots singing a dumb jingle, and the guy LITERALLY PUTS PRAYER HANDS IN FRONT OF HIS FACE AND KNEELS DOWN WHEN THEY DO.

Yes I am getting $.50 more an hour than my employees but BOY HOWDY am I excited about my job and care cause I’m gonna get promoted!!!! (No I’m not but I’m gonna delude myself that I am)

(Sorry this should also be tied into the retail workers thread)

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

My wife and I are trying to suspend are disbelief but it gets harder every week.

To end this derail, liberty liberty libeeeerty liiiiibeeeerty :fuckoff: just when I started to ignore your ads, you make them more annoying.

You just know they only did that cause the the Farmers jingle gets such a good response