Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Cody seems unhappy https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1016391564635983872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WalterAUT/status/1016315097290100736

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Benne posted:

Flip is good

he's very sloppy and slow at all the springboard stuff he does.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

this is dumb as poo poo imo. walters chops and strikes dont look so significantly better than everyone elses that it excuses him stiffing people as hard as he can.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
They look great every time I see them and it gets over like crazy. Also Walter rules and no one has been seriously hurt other than some superficial bruising which happens literally every match.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
at least he's not stiffing them in the head to get juice the hard way.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Stiffing people is only a problem if they themselves have said to their opponent don't want to work stiff.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
its fine and hes over, im just complaining because im a guy on a forum and it looks like it sucks to wrestle walter because he just chops you until hes gassed and then wins.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Your Parents posted:

he just chops you until hes gassed and then wins.

I fail to see the problem here

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Legit Walter works extremely safe.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That picture is more camera than slap anyway

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

KungFu Grip posted:

he's very sloppy and slow at all the springboard stuff he does.

I watched Flip wrestle 3 matches on Friday night in person and he was real good and the crowd was super hot for him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think Flip Gordon is a massive tool but there’s no denying he’s gotten better.

Only losers and dweebs do that “ooo the earth is flat” stuff and call that heel work. Same with that Del Low Rent chick they got down in MLW.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
walter stiffing the poo poo out of guys has gotten a bunch of his opponents way more over. dragunov, sammy guevara, hell it's in no small part responsible for making pco one of the hottest guys on the indies right now. obviously pco being a crazy person was a big factor in that match as well, and he's taken the ball and ran with it since, but the photos of him with the purple chest afterwards was huge in promoting the buzz around that match.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Elgin is pretty creative

https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1016442063238434816

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
wonder if elgin's feeling the ax looming and is trying to rebrand for his post-njpw career

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tomahawk posted:

I watched Flip wrestle 3 matches on Friday night in person and he was real good and the crowd was super hot for him

he does "cool" poo poo but watching him do say the g1 there was a lot of hesitation on like all his spring broad stuff. like that spear he does

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Not sure who is producing Dojo Pro but I do like the personal vignettes, the episodes are short enough and the dark lighting helps hides the fact that there's not much of an audience.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/DynamiteCup/status/1016302360719708160
The Best Rumble :colbert:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Grozz Nuy posted:

wonder if elgin's feeling the ax looming and is trying to rebrand for his post-njpw career

He signed a 2 year deal a few months ago, just before bringing his lawsuit. That ax ain't looming.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

From Swann to Enzo to Elgin..has anyone's situation improved?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

From Swann to Enzo to Elgin..has anyone's situation improved?

Swann got signed to TNA at least for some shows (I don't remember seeing a tweet from them touting him being there full-time/long-term), Enzo believes he's been validated with the investigation being dropped, and Elgin got a midcard title run in New Japan

Elgin's probably the only one I'd say no to because he seems like the only one of the three who's genuinely upset about fan response to him. Swann I don't get the impression he cares, and Enzo absolutely is making it obvious he doesn't care

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Enzo's trying to get that edgelord money, which in today's climate might actually be long and profitable.
Elgin's a warm body for the G1 bracket.
Swann's on shows no one watches unless they're being paid to report on them. And wrestling journalists.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Idk what thread this would go in but he made it into a dope shirt for one day

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

kinetic77 posted:

Hey all. My wife and I are doing something real dumb and starting an indie fed in 2019. Anyone in Phoenix, or anywhere really, interested in more details PM me.

hell yes

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I started watching Dojo Pro. I am up to the Brandon Cutler episode.
The format is cool. The story telling in between matches is cool.
The actual wrestling is meh.
Wheeler Yuta is really good for 21.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I wonder if that's a risk/feature of the structure of the season. The better workers are all at the top of the ladder. (Like, I've heard a lot about Janela, but I've never heard him mentioned as a top level worker in-ring)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

I wonder if that's a risk/feature of the structure of the season. The better workers are all at the top of the ladder. (Like, I've heard a lot about Janela, but I've never heard him mentioned as a top level worker in-ring)

Janela's been in one man seminars with a lot of top flight guys. He's leagues better than the average indie journeyman but by no means a master of the craft.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

coconono posted:

Janela's been in one man seminars with a lot of top flight guys. He's leagues better than the average indie journeyman but by no means a master of the craft.
I suppose it's a subjective distinction, but I would consider Janela one of the top indie guys in terms of overall craft. People get caught up in the goofy stuff, but he has a really good mind for putting a match together.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Janela is ranked at 8 out of 12 in Dojo Pro and the show states that it is because while he is popular for daredevil theatrics, he has to prove that he can wrestle.
Jeff Cobb is ranked #1 which is the right choice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

didnt think we'd get a more awful nwa champion than aldis but here we are even if it is the nwa title. I bet josephus is happy

Flip is so much better than Aldis it isn't funny.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Flip is so much better than Aldis it isn't funny.

Yeah, I am not a big Flip fan but if you objectively compare the two it's not even close. Aldis is very handsome and has the British accent going for him. That's about it.

Flip is surprisingly over and gets booked at a lot of promotions.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Flip can do his finish without forgetting how to properly apply it, Aldis, otoh, pulled a Disco Inferno and forgot how to apply his own move in a recent title defence. And it's not like the Cloverleaf is a tough move to apply.

Flip is also probably still growing as a wrestler, Aldis has probably gotten about as good as he's going to get. If you can't learn and improve from being Samoa Joe's partner, it says a lot about your work.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aldis is one of those guys Stephanie McMahon would go crazy about for a few weeks until they hit the ring and then they'd disappear.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Flip can do his finish without forgetting how to properly apply it, Aldis, otoh, pulled a Disco Inferno and forgot how to apply his own move in a recent title defence. And it's not like the Cloverleaf is a tough move to apply.

Flip is also probably still growing as a wrestler, Aldis has probably gotten about as good as he's going to get. If you can't learn and improve from being Samoa Joe's partner, it says a lot about your work.

Not just Joe, but also Doug Williams during the British Invasion angle. Then again, any positives he got from hanging with Doug Williams might have been eliminated by the negatives he got from hanging with Rob Terry.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Germansimp posted:

Not just Joe, but also Doug Williams during the British Invasion angle. Then again, any positives he got from hanging with Doug Williams might have been eliminated by the negatives he got from hanging with Rob Terry.

Wasn't he Nigel McGuinness' partner for a time as well?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Success of a talent like Flip Gordon reminds you that NXT is sucking up so much indie royalty, and the LU alums can only be in so many places at the same time

Not that him vying for the NWA title isn’t indicative of where he should be. It’s more a sign of the times that the prospective NWA champion is no longer a Tim Storm nobody

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1017177484461330433

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

flip gordon is gonna be nwa champ baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Will Flip make them change the belt because it has a hemisphere moulded into it to represent the world?