Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

we watch a television show that is meant for the dumbest people on earth
Can't say they don't know their audience well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Speak for yourself but I don't watch any CBS sitcom.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Speak for yourself but I don't watch WWE Monday Night Raw.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
They should just rebrand every PPV as Wrestlemania.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

They should just rebrand every PPV as Wrestlemania.

The UFC method.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
after the all women ppv hhh and stephanie will give flowers to all the crying ladies who wrestled that night

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Ellsworth can main event the ppv

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
They would definitely call it WWE Tonight with a running number, then run it every week until they pass whatever number UFC is on.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

CobiWann posted:

But you are a Bengals fan...

wrong

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

If I bring back the guessing game do you guys want to play

I can't promise a prize or to be creative with stuff but I can at least add up numbers

Yes please

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

IcePhoenix posted:

I can't promise a prize or to be creative with stuff but I can at least add up numbers

That would be great :)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
We probably aren't getting Danielson/Morishima again

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1017125643199434765

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Wouldn't be the first time they promoted a card with wrestlers who weren't appearing.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Nakamura vs. Carmella will be an interesting feud.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Writer Cath posted:

Nakamura vs. Carmella will be an interesting feud.

https://i.imgur.com/E1ucS8f.gifv

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Guest writer: Bryan Alvarez

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

this is the edited version in the original his foot just slips in

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

remusclaw posted:

Wouldn't be the first time they promoted a card with wrestlers who weren't appearing.

Roman Reigns comes out.

"Daniel Bryan didn't show up for work today."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A viable theory

https://twitter.com/KayfabeNews/status/1016817924093313027

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It really won't be a surprise when it's confirmed Bryan is staying with WWE. Dude's just happy to be wrestling and probably won't go overseas.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think he just wants a bus/use of the jet and a level of creative control.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Bryan with full creative control :allears: :swoon:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The whole Team Hell No reunion thing has been so different from most of WWE's recent stuff in that it's letting talent show actual goofy personality that I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan does have a lot of creative control now.

Like Bryan making Kane's pyro go off is so fun that it's a complete reversal of most of what they've been doing outside of Woken Matt Hardy

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

piss tape israel posted:

Lloyd Boner vs The Big Hog

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, the card for that Detroit show was already posted on the arena website. Given its subject to change (and I fully expect it to), but there are two main events advertised for it. I'd lean towards the six man tag being the dark main though (which they do after 205 Live to keep people from leaving early).

- AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, and Jeff Hardy vs Samoa Joe, The Miz, and Shinsuke Nakamura

- Asuka vs Carmella for the Smackdown Women's Championship

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

piss tape israel posted:

Daniel Bryan suing WWE because they stopped one of his matches due to injury

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If WWE is willing to give Rey a reduced schedule so he won't work indy dates/New Japan than why the hell wouldn't they do the same for Bryan

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope they fire nia jax

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

SatoshiMiwa posted:

If WWE is willing to give Rey a reduced schedule so he won't work indy dates/New Japan than why the hell wouldn't they do the same for Bryan

why on earth would Daniel Bryan want a reduced schedule

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Spite? Pettiness?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
booyaka booyaka a-ber-deeeeeen

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Because Bryan wants to kill himself in the ring, whereas Rey just wants to kill other people?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbin posted:

why on earth would Daniel Bryan want a reduced schedule

it's been reported that while Bryan wants to wrestle he doesn't want to do a full schedule. He wants to be at home more and also probably doesn't want injuries to come back. I think Dave has reported he's looking at around 150 dates.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Spite? Pettiness?

And risk Bryan really going to Indy's and New Japan? Bryan's probably not gonna demand top dollar and not demand titles. Plus the company does actually like him so I can see them giving him reduced days especially since it can use the injury side as a reason why he gets them and other talent doesn't.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SatoshiMiwa posted:

it's been reported that while Bryan wants to wrestle he doesn't want to do a full schedule. He wants to be at home more and also probably doesn't want injuries to come back. I think Dave has reported he's looking at around 150 dates.

Good lord even 150 is barely a "reduced schedule". That's enough for every Smackdown or Raw and every PPV and still another 85ish dates for house shows and special events on top of that. That's hardly an unreasonable ask.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

IcePhoenix posted:

There's probably ways to sent that poo poo straight into spreadsheets so you don't have to add it up, have a program do it for you. But yes please, I enjoyed the guessing game - largely because it shows how unpredictable wrestling is.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 12, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Jim Neidhardt is dealing with Alzheimer's disease:

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/07/11/jim-anvil-neidhart-dealing-alzheimers-disease/

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wazzu posted:

There's probably ways to sent that poo poo straight into spreadsheets so you don't have to add it up, have a program do it for you. But yes please, I enjoyed the guessing game - largely because it shows how unpredictable wrestling is.

yeah the only hard part for me will be combining the months, I use google drive at work enough to make the individual months easy enough to do

If it's not super busy tomorrow I'll put it up

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Aw, poo poo, that's hosed. Alzheimer's is a rat bastard of a disease and I just hope it doesn't get too ugly for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

And risk Bryan really going to Indy's and New Japan? Bryan's probably not gonna demand top dollar and not demand titles. Plus the company does actually like him so I can see them giving him reduced days especially since it can use the injury side as a reason why he gets them and other talent doesn't.

He's also supposedly asking for creative control and has been publicly making GBS threads on the company's ability to book him competently. There's no guarantee that's not gonna rankle some folks.

I'm not too surprised, I saw a clip a few years ago where they did a Hart Foundation reunion for that promotion that was running in ballparks only, and the whole promo, Jim was shaking in a way that sorta reminded me of Parkinson's. I know they're not the same thing but they do both have shaking as symptoms. Sad, though, I loved the Foundation as a kid.

• Locked thread