Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
yoel vs DC at lhw isn't a fight I knew I wanted but now that it's been put in my mind I think it would be incredible. Romero has a tendency to either freeze his opponents or kill them and you gotta wonder how DCs pressure style would interact with that. Nobody's ever been able to beat Romero up. Whittaker staved off his attacks and in the process of surviving happened to land more strikes. DC might be able to do that but I wanna see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
did ortega weigh in before they canned his fight?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
https://imgur.com/a/1A02TGg

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Gay Horney posted:

yoel vs DC at lhw isn't a fight I knew I wanted but now that it's been put in my mind I think it would be incredible. Romero has a tendency to either freeze his opponents or kill them and you gotta wonder how DCs pressure style would interact with that. Nobody's ever been able to beat Romero up. Whittaker staved off his attacks and in the process of surviving happened to land more strikes. DC might be able to do that but I wanna see it

DC would waste Yoel and it wouldn’t even be close.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol thats our boy

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

eric posted:

DC would waste Yoel and it wouldn’t even be close.

it might be close i dunno, yoel is pretty freakin good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SquirrelGrip posted:

did ortega weigh in before they canned his fight?

I think so. He mentioned in his interview with Helwani (where he said he hasn't been compensated yet) that his weight was good, he showed up and did everything including media and open workouts

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Covington really loves wearing his maga hat doesn’t he?

It's a nice substitute for his utter lack of personality, charisma or ability to be interesting in any way.

eric posted:

Who doesn’t love a good maga hat? Woodley should be glad Covington is promoting the fight. A fight against RDA would have been a fight pass main event.

If only he was promoting it well.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

it might be close i dunno, yoel is pretty freakin good

personally i think dc's eagerness to get in close is a really loving bad idea against yoel but dc is so loving good he might just do what he wants to yoel i unno but i'd like to see it

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Smothering Yoel might be a good idea for a wrestler of DC’s caliber, almost all of Yoel’s KO’s are from boxing range.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Yoel can KO moving backwards (or at least while the opponent is coming in), but I assume AKA could figure out a few entry tactics to get Yoel on his back foot without risking too much.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I know this is going to be controversial, because it’s kind of wild, but I think the current two-division champion who just dominated and delivered a first-round knockout to the only guy to ever defend the UFC heavyweight belt three times does not even come close to losing to the guy who is moving up a division just to be a division below the one where Cormier just won the belt.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah sounds reasonable but you actually have no idea how it would go

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

personally i think dc's eagerness to get in close is a really loving bad idea against yoel but dc is so loving good he might just do what he wants to yoel i unno but i'd like to see it

Same

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
DC would own Yoel but I want him to get paid and no one is buying their fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i don't like the way dc ducks his head down and bends at the waist against yoel. i dunno it just seems like he'd be putting his head into something powered by a million cuban steroids

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah stipe ain’t gonna send a flying knee at your face with insane speed like Yoel will

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol i think the weidman ko gave me yoel related ptsd

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I think so. He mentioned in his interview with Helwani (where he said he hasn't been compensated yet) that his weight was good, he showed up and did everything including media and open workouts

i hope he did, ive heard he negotiated a different contract (flat fee - no win bonus) so i have a feeling dana will do his best to get out of it via any means possible

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i dont think he ever weighed in. just said his weight was good during his cut

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Dc will die trying to make the cut to 205, yoel will reign for 6 years and luke rockhold will get knocked out a bunch more times before retiring

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

i dont think he ever weighed in. just said his weight was good during his cut

good luck to him and ed soares lmao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

david carmichael posted:

Dc will die trying to make the cut to 205, yoel will reign for 6 years and luke rockhold will get knocked out a bunch more times before retiring

it is written

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SquirrelGrip posted:

good luck to him and ed soares lmao

lmao drat

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

david carmichael posted:

Well when you put it that way, I’m down for Yoel being the greatest LHW of all time by killing Rockhold 10 times

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
let's not forget the most feared striker at LHW was Rumble, another former middleweight. I think romero not coming off of a murderous weight cut would be able to keep up a much higher work rate and would be incredibly frightening. the real question is how much bigger could he get with the time he's got left in his career.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

let's not forget the most feared striker at LHW was Rumble, another former middleweight. I think romero not coming off of a murderous weight cut would be able to keep up a much higher work rate and would be incredibly frightening. the real question is how much bigger could he get with the time he's got left in his career.

welterweight. former welterweight.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

welterweight. former welterweight.

I had typed that out but it seemed too insane even though I knew Rumble had moved up twice. gently caress!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/UFC_CA/status/1017106407282368512

Cain hugging him tighter just to feel the belt one last time :3:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/UFC_CA/status/1017106407282368512

Cain hugging him tighter just to feel the belt one last time :3:

"tonight wasn't my night", very true

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

lol i think the weidman ko gave me yoel related ptsd

I know that the Machida one did for me.

Gay Horney posted:

Rumble actually never managed to fight at middleweight

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Well Rumble did have a single fight at middleweight, for which he weighed in at 197 lbs.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Yoel fought at 205 before. His fight against Feijao was amazing. He threw zero punches, and just kept moving. He gassed hard in the second round, stopped moving and got brutally knocked out. Flawless performance

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Israel Adesanya posted an instagram video of Brendan Schaub offering the mildest, Taco Bell-iest of takes on UFC strikers and Uncle Dana flipped the gently caress out and it's real good

Schaub is real butthurt, called Dana a fat bald bitch, and is now making vague threats at Dana on Twitter.

I fuckin love MMA

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 12, 2018

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Brendan Schaub is threatening to read his book to Dana.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

It makes perfect sense that Mike Perry thinks Rogan is smart enough to hit him up first for any and all advice.

"Hey @JoeRogan I'm here at Publix and there's Ketchup AND Catsup in this aisle. Help"

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i cannot believe dana has done anything in his entire life that he would be embarrassed or ashamed about and definitely hasn't done anything to brendan schaub personally that 51% of people wouldn't either back up or laugh at.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

un-supplemented chad mendes better than a washed up, disinterested myles 'fury' jury?

man this boise card actually does not suck. elkins / volkanovski is an insanely sick fight that's buried on the prelims and they've even got a freak show fight where justin scoggins, small child man, is fighting who i assume is lightweight champion nurmagomedov on the prelims

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Hey Adayana Ya'Fifty. Brandin just a beast of a a cawltent creator. Can't wait to get all 50 pages of his book blow my bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

i cannot believe dana has done anything in his entire life that he would be embarrassed or ashamed about and definitely hasn't done anything to brendan schaub personally that 51% of people wouldn't either back up or laugh at.

in the wise words of everyones favourite poster; what danas doing is extremely bad and uncalled for, unless the figter in question is someone i dont like, then its actually good

• Locked thread