Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
So right before bed I decide to watch the new star Wars on Netflix and I think, "yowza that was pretty bad. I wonder what goons think about it."

A Normal Persons Thought posted:

This is false equivocation. The Empire version of human supremacy looks nothing like what you might call institutional racism in the Republic/Rebellion/Resistance.

Haha WHAT CineD!! I'm going to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Glenn Quebec posted:

So right before bed I decide to watch the new star Wars on Netflix and I think, "yowza that was pretty bad. I wonder what goons think about it."

Haha WHAT CineD!! I'm going to bed.

cineD is that forum where the rules thread was longer than the wikipedia article for western civilization

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
it was the best movie ever made

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Luke did nothing wrong.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im the milk monster

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Titular line from UCB

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
hey, captain phasma's back with zero explanation.

well, whatever, i hope she does something badass this time.

*disappears ten minutes later after doing nothing*

welp, she's sure to do something awesome in episode ix...

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I thought the rule was no more political threads???

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I was too stupid to hate this movie, apparently.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I think SuperMechaGodzilla and K. Waste are forums treasures well that's my only opinions on the CineD bye

Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
yeah CineD is super lovely.

still waiting for the deleted scenes with 30 extra minutes of Luke sucking protein out of a sea cow

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I saw it for the first time on Netflix after hearing goons bitch about it and... whatever it was fine.

Mostly I'm just remembering that Wierd Al song

quote:

Well, I heard my friends really got in a mess
So I'm gonna have to leave Yoda, I guess
But I know that I'll be coming back some day
I'll be playing this part 'till I'm old and grey
The long-term contract that I had to sign
Says I'll be making these movies till the end of time
With my Yoda

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
what does Richard Evans ahve to say about this

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Siljmonster posted:

what does Richard Evans ahve to say about this

AAAAAAAIIIIIIDDDSS!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw0ih4jPOBo

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

SW mega-nerds are apparently excepting the dumbest poo poo from the EU because this movie wasn't the be all end all of Star Wars.

poo poo like Skippy the Droid

Luuke Skywalker

Lightsaber Kneepads

It wasn't that great of a movie, but holy poo poo most EU tripe is beyond retarded. Star Wars fans are the worse, me included.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I tried watching Justice League earlier and fell asleep. Watching blade runner 2049 now and it’s alright imo

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im watching star trek

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
when is Netflix getting the re-cut with all the females edited out

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i want to read the just first sentence of a 20-page supermechagodzilla post about it

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
tlj is like
so
loving
stupid

thought I'd watch it and think "lol that was stupid" and move on, but then I thought about not only how dumb and pointless it was, but how PROUD it was of being dumb and pointless like it was too good to have a normal fulfilling but boring plot and it made me kind of mad.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I am MAD about STAR WARS

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hemingway To Go! posted:

tlj is like
so
loving
stupid

thought I'd watch it and think "lol that was stupid" and move on, but then I thought about not only how dumb and pointless it was, but how PROUD it was of being dumb and pointless like it was too good to have a normal fulfilling but boring plot and it made me kind of mad.

You're not wrong but the prequels killed Star Wars long ago anyway.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Ill check out that one and rogue one. Also ill play fallout 4 when I get around to it, Im just going to wait for it to fall into my lap

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I think Skippy The Droid is, like, supposed to be really stupid. It's a joke. It was the only Star Wars story that guy wrote so I'm pretty sure he's taking the piss.

Now, Luuke ? Luuke is from those "no, seriously, they really are good!" Thrawn books.

quote:

"The clone that Joruus C'baoth created to test me with was the fulfillment of my vision in the cave on Dagobah. The reality was no less horrifying than the illusion. Imagine looking at your reflection in the mirror and seeing only…an enemy."
―Luke Skywalker, in his personal datapad journal

Ahahaha, wow, good to finally have a resolution on that cave business, obviously this is what it really meant!!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Thrawn died like a bitch

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
i read almost every single book in the EU when i was in like 8th grade and even then i thought most of them were trash.

star wars works well in exactly one dynamic - empire v. rebellion. the prequels suck partly because they try to create a completely new dynamic and fail, and the new movies suck partly because they try to rehash the first dynamic

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

they should make it like a cold war era kind of thing and then BAM!!! out of nowhere dinosaurs attack!!! what a mind gently caress!!!

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

they should make it like a cold war era kind of thing and then BAM!!! out of nowhere dinosaurs attack!!! what a mind gently caress!!!

Chris Pratt shows up with a clicker over a heavily cgi Carry Fisher, "I got this"

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Linux Pirate posted:

Chris Pratt shows up with a clicker over a heavily cgi Carry Fisher, "I got this"

This bird you can't change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxIWDmmqZzY

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Sid Vicious posted:

I think SuperMechaGodzilla and K. Waste are forums treasures well that's my only opinions on the CineD bye

I’m sorry sid but they’re actually really incredibly bad

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
One of the worst movies ever made. For once I think crazy super-fan nerd backlash was actually deserved and in proportion.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Never have I wanted to see so many late-70's titties flashed.

The Dennis System posted:

One of the worst movies ever made. For once I think crazy super-fan nerd backlash was actually deserved and in proportion.

Shut up Dennis we know it.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
I think I like Rogue one better than all of the other movies including the original trilogy.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
the last jedi is just "KILL YOUR PARENTS: the movie"

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I think the awesomeness of the pod racing, que gon obi won, gungan city/planet core. Elevate the movie to at least the best action movie ever made.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Kak posted:

I think I like Rogue one better than all of the other movies including the original trilogy.

We god a rouge one over here

:suicide:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Linux Pirate posted:

We god a rouge one over here

Nice.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoLcgxvf98

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Kak posted:

IMO, I can see that.

Rogue One has just absolutely nothing going on except shooting and none of the characters even matter. Someone who thinks the plot is stupid anyway and is just there for the spectacle might appreciate that.

• Locked thread