Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm not too surprised, I saw a clip a few years ago where they did a Hart Foundation reunion for that promotion that was running in ballparks only, and the whole promo, Jim was shaking in a way that sorta reminded me of Parkinson's. I know they're not the same thing but they do both have shaking as symptoms. Sad, though, I loved the Foundation as a kid.

Jim was on Jericho's podcast one or two years ago. Could recall stuff when TJ Wilson was feeding him answers and/or keywords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://www.wwe.com/shows/extremerules/2018/gallery/wwe-ecw-superstar-impersonations-photos#fid-40238486

Make this Lana's permanent gimmick

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 12, 2018

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

rspw salutes you

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

These are lots of fun

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alzheimers is a motherfucker, poor Jim (and his family) :smith:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Sonya Deville pics as Raven are so perfect and that needs to be her gimmick like now

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

piss tape israel posted:

Miz/Bryan at SummerSlam would be too soon. I'm banking on a slow build to WM

Is that the hook to get Bryan to re-sign to get to that point?

Becky as Dreamer and Asuka as part of the BWO is extremely my poo poo.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jul 12, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's also supposedly asking for creative control and has been publicly making GBS threads on the company's ability to book him competently. There's no guarantee that's not gonna rankle some folks.

I mean, it's factually true.

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Sonya Deville pics as Raven are so perfect and that needs to be her gimmick like now

It really is.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 12, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

These are lots of fun

Yeah, most of them aren't connections I'd have ever considered, but New Day as the Dudleys and Shinsuke as Sabu are both kinda inspired.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i am having very weird feelings about Carmella dressed up like Al Snow

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vince.txt stuff from the Observer:

Dave posted:

It appears McMahon is adamant in creating the idea that Lesnar has walked out, is going to UFC, turned his back on the WWE fans, and isn’t coming back to drop the title and holding up the belt. The idea would seem to be to create a storyline that gets Reigns cheered at the Barclays Center.

Dave posted:

[Jim] Ross was in great pain flying home and checked himself into the hospital on 7/9. He was diagnosed with bruised ribs, a bruised sternum and some lung issues that could possibly lead to pneumonia. With the rib injury, every movement was painful and he had to cancel three commitments this week due to the injury. In a class move, whether ordered or on his own (and I’d think it wasn’t on his own) Jonathan Coachman tried to make a joke on Raw about how broken ribs are going around in wrestling later that night.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sportsgenius86 posted:

I know we generally frown on objectifying the wrestlers but god drat yes please

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Jesus Christ, Vince. :sigh:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Vince is a feeble old man who will spite the world and his benefit to show he’s right. He’s like he says, he’s Stone Cold and everyone is the Corporation preventing Roman from going over.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm going to cheer roman, from afar, not viewing any of it. hear my roar vince. You done it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sportsgenius86 posted:

Had the same exact thought. She looks great as that character. The whole set of photos makes me miss wrestlers having more defined, sometimes outlandish gimmicks other than "My name is X and I'm a wrestler."

Not that I want to see the return of wrestling plumbers, but just some personalities and fun character work.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
The Vince story is why I'll never believe when they say "Oh they don't care that Roman gets booed." Bullshit you don't care. You would not be going this loving hard on trying to get him cheered if you didn't care.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

I like that they somehow had an even more outrageous cell phone than Paul's on hand.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Onmi posted:

The Vince story is why I'll never believe when they say "Oh they don't care that Roman gets booed." Bullshit you don't care. You would not be going this loving hard on trying to get him cheered if you didn't care.

It’s all Vince knows. Create one mega star and ride him for all he’s worth until he’s ground to dust or leaves. He can call it a day and focus on other efforts like XFL

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Goons see a picture and suddenly long for the bad version of Ronda Rousey to become a bad version of Bray Wyatt.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

100% agree. And 100% know it won't happen, if for no other reason than "She can't wear a leather jacket to the ring, that's Ronda's thing!"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im glad they remember Joel Gertner, he was vital for the Dudleyz early success imo.

Also what was the reaction of Hogan, Hall and Nash to the bWo? They acknowledge them ?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Honest Sonya looks amazing like 100% of the time

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I did the thing

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863024

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Baron Corbin posted:

i am having very weird feelings about Carmella dressed up like Al Snow
WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Honest Sonya looks amazing like 100% of the time

Her Pride gear was real good, she should make it her regular ring gear

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Why is Becky Lynch not pushed to the drat moon

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

D.N. Nation posted:

Why is Becky Lynch not pushed to the drat moon

Because Kevin Dunn hates her accent apparently.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also what was the reaction of Hogan, Hall and Nash to the bWo? They acknowledge them ?
Nova had a story about running into Hogan in the locker room while decked out in full Hollywood Nova gear (this would've been during the bWo's brief WWE stint in 2005). Nova was a bit worried because he thought Hogan would be upset about the gimmick, but Hogan just kinda went "Keep doing what you do, brother" or something to that effect.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in gorilla when Roman still gets booed off the face of the Earth at Summerslam

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Because Kevin Dunn hates her accent apparently.

I will stupidly optimistically note that she's been on TV a lot, and winning matches a lot, and winning the types she used to always lose ("mild interference from the outside" is the most devastating finisher against Becky). Maybe there's a there there.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

D.N. Nation posted:

I will stupidly optimistically note that she's been on TV a lot, and winning matches a lot, and winning the types she used to always lose ("mild interference from the outside" is the most devastating finisher against Becky). Maybe there's a there there.

She's likely being built up as the next challenger to Carmella. Or Charlotte could come back and feud with her. Because right now Charlotte is penciled in to have some sort of Summerslam program, so I can see WWE going with Becky vs Charlotte, or Carmella vs Becky vs Charlotte vs Asuka at Summerslam.

I want to say Becky vs Charlotte is likely because its pretty well documented now that WWE loves recycling storylines/"matches" from the opposite brand, so I can see them running Becky vs Charlotte at Summerslam just because its very likely we get Sasha vs Bayley.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
How will Brock doing a really cool thing and creating a scene at a UFC show get Roman cheered?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Roman and Brock should have a 60 minute ironman match.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm struggling to see how Vince expects this to work when Brock hasn't been around for ages anyway so who the gently caress is going to notice and even if it did work and made people hate Brock having the belt how is that going to get people to like Roman Reigns? They'll just boo both guys like they have for the last 16 Brock V Roman matches.

This whole thing relies on Brand Loyalty to WWE and getting worked up about Brock disrespecting The Brand and Roman defending The Brand and I don't think WWE's brand loyalty is anything but resembling a bitter couple that should have been divorced years ago.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

the ECW cosplay photoshoot on .com gives me so much joy

https://www.wwe.com/shows/extremerules/2018/gallery/wwe-ecw-superstar-impersonations-photos#fid-40238486

https://twitter.com/coreypierceart/status/1017414237986017280

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sabu looks jacked to the gills compared to Nakamura.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm struggling to see how Vince expects this to work when Brock hasn't been around for ages anyway so who the gently caress is going to notice and even if it did work and made people hate Brock having the belt how is that going to get people to like Roman Reigns? They'll just boo both guys like they have for the last 16 Brock V Roman matches.

This whole thing relies on Brand Loyalty to WWE and getting worked up about Brock disrespecting The Brand and Roman defending The Brand and I don't think WWE's brand loyalty is anything but resembling a bitter couple that should have been divorced years ago.

And again going to a totally other company and causing a scene is a cool exciting thing to do. How does that do anything for Roman.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah brock pushing dc in street clothes worked or not is 10000 better that whinny bitch Roman "i love the wwe". Who cares, i loving hate your compàny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Goons see a picture and suddenly long for the bad version of Ronda Rousey to become a bad version of Bray Wyatt.

We like playing dressup, okay? :mad:

• Locked thread