Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
bando yohei is going all the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I've forgot a lot of these names so I get to read this again hooray

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What if we get those behind-the-scenes dealings again and a fight or two are rigged?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Which chapter is the Niko backstory?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think now is the perfect time to look back on everything we have learned about Adam Dudley and finally come to a conclusion on whether or not he was actually eliminated.

I haven't seen anything that disproves my theory that cosmo was actually the one who was knocked unconcious in their fight and is dreaming all the matches until now.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

who here completely forgot about the existence of the salaryman

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Man y’all are really into the spinoff manga from Danberu, neat

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
this is ending in august

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Relin posted:

this is ending in august

Oh it's gonna be just the tournament then. Guess we'll finish reading the scans in 2020 lol

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's a bit premature of me (sorry Okubo, but you backstoried first), but here's a preview of our Round 2 Matches!

Cosmo vs. Judge Dredd

It's been a while since we've seen these guys fight! Cosmo was in the very first bout, taking down our sweet, innocent boy Adam Dudley with a vicious choke hold, after using his special gimmick technique to get in on his larger opponent. Akoya beat down Haruo in the second match, which... wasn't really about Akoya that much. He had a weird cooperation gimmick going with his CEO, which didn't work so he just did things his way. Itherwise the only thing th at really memorable was a good defense against strikes. Which... seems less than useful against Cosmo. Tentatively calling this for Cosmo.

Ohma vs. Raian

Hey, it's Ohma! In a fight that I can't say I really care about that much! There's a couple ways this could go, to be honest--it could be a dumb Limiter Removal slugfest, or Ohma could decide not to do the thing that kills him and try and eke out a victory on technique. Either way I'm calling it for Ohma because main character and Raian is an rear end in a top hat that can go eat a bucket of sand, but there's not much more analysis I have than that.

WAKATSUKI TAKESHI vs. JULIUS REINHOLD

This fight is going to be incredible. Forget technique, these guys both have the gimmick of "I have ludicrous levels of physical strength". This is going to be a brutal slugfest and I am READY. Leaning Wakatsuki because he clearly has more to show, but I could see Julius taking it

Muteba Gizenga vs. The Man, The Myth, the Legend, Sekibayashi Jun!

Not gonna lie, I'm worried for Jun. I can respect his commitment to "I will never block", but I have to question it's effectiveness against the guy who has mastered every dirty trick in the book and is ridiculously strong on top of that. It's very Face vs Heel, but... one way or another, this isn't going to be great for Jun.

Yoroizuka Saw Paing vs Mizakuchi Rei

Really not sure about this one, because we haven't seen a *ton* out of Mikazuchi. I'm sure that the power of repeated cranial trauma will keep Saw from getting chumped, but I don't really know how he'll get hits in,except maybe just going for trades Coinflip!

Kuroki "Devil Lance" Gensai vs Kiryu "Colossal Erection" Setsuna

I think this will be a good match. They both have great defense, both have a technique that makes their hits absolutely brutal. I think Kiryu's Ohmaboner is going to give him that extra bit of motivation to take this one

Hatsumi Sen vs. Bando "probably dead by this point" Yohei

See above. Even if Bando is still alive, he's going to be severely weakened, and even if he werent, Sen is no slouch. Easy victory for Sen.

Gaolang Wongsawat vs. Kanoh Agito

Man, I wish there was uncertainty here, but... it's the Fang. The only peoplenO see him losong to are Sen, Setsuna, or Ohma. I think this will be the fight where we really see him cut loose (as well as Okubo is doing, I think we're only going to see a glimpse of Fang's true power). Hopefully Gaolang punches him in the face a bunch on the way out.

I agree with your choices save one I see Rei winning his hands down and going against Setsuna in the next round.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im still ohma didnt let oldman take that bet after he beat hair guy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

pissed even

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

AtomikKrab posted:

I agree with your choices save one I see Rei winning his hands down and going against Setsuna in the next round.

Yeah Rei seems like a contender for top 8. He is of also head of an opposing assassination clan doing this for love. That’s got to count for something

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter as well: https://mangadex.org/chapter/408682/1
Okubo is doing great but man does that last page make me think Fang was just rolling with everything for shits and giggles

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Turns out the Fang is also a master of the Strongest Martial Art: professional wrestling.

Great chapter. I swear, this series has the best, clearest action of any action manga I've ever read.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Feels a bit redundant with the crying man.

Awesome action though.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Relin posted:

this is ending in august

looking forwards to Kengan Asura II: The Chinese Boogaloo in early-mid 2019 then

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Prediction: When fang turns around and okubo sees him grinning like a maniac hes gonna shrug and forefeit.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I wonder if this is going to turn into a Kenshiro, "you're already dead" moment

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Kengan Ashura does one of the best jobs I've seen of having one character monumentally outclass the other while still making the other character feel strong. Okuba fuckin rules, it's a shame he's gonna be out so early

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Brought To You By posted:

New chapter as well: https://mangadex.org/chapter/408682/1
Okubo is doing great but man does that last page make me think Fang was just rolling with everything for shits and giggles
What did Okubo's comment at the end refer to? His actual body or Fang's fighting style?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i mean maybe okuba can win

its not like ohmas destined to fight either of them

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Fang's crazy faces / getting bashed like this is pretty dope.

He's gonna go insane though

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

What did Okubo's comment at the end refer to? His actual body or Fang's fighting style?

I think his comment means that Agito managed to mitigate that last attack specifically and maybe all of Okubo's stuff by going along with it. not having any resistance to me means that Agito was just playing along

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I like how it's implied that the rest of the idiot 4 all have a chance against Okubo too. I wonder how they would pull it off though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean Rihito's grip is super strong, it's just that he's sorta lacking on the technique side.

Himuro lost cause he went easy on Kaneda and underestimated him. He's not really weak on the 'human' level by any means.

Dunno about Kaneda though.

I do wonder which characters count as 'superhuman' and which ones don't.

Wakatsuki and Agito are superhuman, and I'd assume Julias is too. Saw Paing pretty much has superhuman bones?

Despite his loss maybe Goro would count too.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I don't think Kaneda would have much chance vs Okubo, at least if they fought in the first round, just because Okubo has such a wide skillset that Kaneda would probably take too long to figure him out.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kaneda has presumably seen him on TV a lot unlike most of the others

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh right, that's a very good point, Okubo is one of the few to actually fight in public alongside Gaolong and Jun.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Rihito is super dangerous to anyone who isn't a freak of nature or a peerless master of their martial art because him just touching you causes horrific bleeding wounds. It's like how martial arts instructors will tell you the best way to fight unarmed against a guy with a knife is to run the gently caress away if possible.

His big matches just had him against a freak of nature(Ohma) and a peerless master(Gensai). If Rihito was one of these weirdo assassin clan prodigies or a professional fighter instead of a guy who works at a packing company during the day and fights people in parking garages by night he'd probably be a nightmare to face.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The idiot four are highly blessed beings

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

rihito also got owned by ohmas next opponent. if the manga finishes next year and is purely the tournament then it seems ohma has to win? his personal story line is to fight and beat kiryuu and they're in opposing halfs

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's finishing this year. Not next year. In August.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Jose posted:

rihito also got owned by ohmas next opponent. if the manga finishes next year and is purely the tournament then it seems ohma has to win? his personal story line is to fight and beat kiryuu and they're in opposing halfs

The raws are on chapter 233 so ending in August means it'll be 240 or so.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This says it's ending on 236?

There's gonna be a 2-week hiatus before chapter 235.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-07-11/kengan-ashura-manga-ends-in-august/.134140

quote:

The Manga ONE app announced on Thursday that Yabako Sandrovich and Daromeon's Kengan Ashura manga will end on August 9. Prior to this, the manga will take a two week hiatus and return with the penultimate chapter (chapter 235) on August 2.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

going to be insanely hard not reading the vietnamese version or whatever that mangadex has now i know it exists

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think I got spoiled on the finalists by glancing at a 4chan thread's OP. I'll try not to think about it!

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah finding out that Kazzy the Strongest Fighter in the World wins kinda kills a lot of the suspense for me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I can't believe he bent over to pick something up and agito tripped over him and snapped his neck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Crazy that Fang beat Okubo by offering some chick's number in exchange for forfeit