Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Not perfect, but fine to watch as a rerun on summer afternoons.

Bruce Willis is fun, Cybill Shepherd was hot even in her 90s clothes. The show broke the 4th wall, something not common in mainstream media during that time which made it fun.

Did you like Moonlighting?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QTVtAsVrEg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
as a kid i loved it but i haven't seen it since it went off the air so i'm thinking maybe its best not to go back and ruin the illusion, like that time in college we found an old robotech vhs tape and all watched it and promptly realized robotech sucked balls

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

You may be right, but I re-watched the pilot for Northern Exposure and it still holds up to this day. Another solid 90s show.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Moonlighting and Northern Exposure were totally big things to me as a kid. Loved those drat shows. Bruce Willis still had hair! Now you got me thinking OP. Sledgehammer, another great one. Also Night Court. Ah memories of youth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGYKU7mbv74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUltrX-ICew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y06RwgjKTBY

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 12, 2018

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
it ran from 1985-89 OP :awesome:

ask me about being pedantic

def good show though.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I must be thinking it was 90s as I watched it all in the early 90s. Still good though.

Yes, Night Court had a certain charm to it too. Mr. Plinkett agrees.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I watched a couple episodes of Sledge Hammer recently and am glad to say it's still awesome.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
holy poo poo, hadn't even thought about northern exposure in a long, long time, loved that show too

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

No. 6 posted:

I must be thinking it was 90s as I watched it all in the early 90s. Still good though.

Yes, Night Court had a certain charm to it too. Mr. Plinkett agrees.

I watched the Halloween and Christmas specials of nightcourt last year...that show does not hold up at all

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i heard the guy from moonlighting got cast in the lead for an action movie. its gonna flop so hard

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

gary oldmans diary posted:

i heard the guy from moonlighting got cast in the lead for an action movie. its gonna flop so hard

Flop Hard was a good movie.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
flop hard 2: flop harder > hudson hawk

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
hudson hawk is charmingly terrible

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Moonlighting still holds up, it's good fun

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I watched it with my dad and I enjoyed it. But I was a kid so I guess a lot of it went over my head.

Also, Moonlighting wasn't a 90s show. It aired during the 80s entirely.

E: and of course it was mentioned already.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 12, 2018

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

gary oldmans diary posted:

hudson hawk is charmingly terrible

"Looks like someone won't be attending that hat convention in July!" may be one of the best lines of prose ever written.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

1redflag posted:

"Looks like someone won't be attending that hat convention in July!" may be one of the best lines of prose ever written.

I watched that movie so many drat times. The cast was fantastic and I loved singing along to the songs.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Hudson Hawk, the last time I saw any of it, seemed like it was ahead of its time in the type of genre stuff it was doing.

I don't know if it was great or good, but 10-25 years later, it would be at worst just a forgotten also-ran film or at best actually become a minor success. At the core of it, it seems like there's a gimmick and I don't know if they make use of it enough, but a more modern film would have.

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

Bruce and Shakespeare? Why not!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijUr6p8xSBM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

JediTalentAgent posted:

Hudson Hawk, the last time I saw any of it, seemed like it was ahead of its time in the type of genre stuff it was doing.

I don't know if it was great or good, but 10-25 years later, it would be at worst just a forgotten also-ran film or at best actually become a minor success. At the core of it, it seems like there's a gimmick and I don't know if they make use of it enough, but a more modern film would have.

reindeer goat cheese pizza

• Locked thread