Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bakalakadaka posted:

Zant is weird but real entertaining.

Also tell me how to Ruto I have way more trouble doing anything with her than any other character and I've played all 3 versions of this dumb game.

I'm by no means an expert, but I do very well as Ruto. My two favorite combos are... I never can get the C numbers straight in my brain by regular, regular, strong- second combo, which I just spam while I'm plowing through mooks. For crowd clearing and taking over keeps, you want to do her last combo 5 regular attacks and a strong, which summons a big ol' tidal wave. It hits over a ginourmous area and builds your special meter like whoa. Then find the nearest captain and unload that special!

She's not very good at single target stuff, but her third(?) combo is all right for it. The one where she summons a mini exploding bubble. When her meter is full, aim her at a big crowd and spam the strong attack. It does massive knockback and finishes with a small wave.

Anyway, that's how I Ruto and I find her fun to play as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Cia's probably got my favorite boss smasher in her C4, just make sure to dodge cancel out of the animation after the fourth Link is summoned so you get start summoning the next batch, followed after by Ruto's basic rear end combo string.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Probably Wizzro's. C4 spam all day erry day demolishes the WPG of loving anyone.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Offhand, I think my favorite might be Zant's C2. Just pop a head up inside them and spiiiiiiiinyspinspin.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The worst character to play is Zelda with the Baton

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I find giant blade to be a sort of alright but boring weapon. Definitely several notches above Fi. I think skull kids C4 is my favorite boss killer. You have to be at the correct range but if you are it absolutely shreds WPGs. Not quite as easily as Wizro but on the plus side you're not Wizro.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

how to kill boss WPGs: a guide
- be volga
- c3, c3, c3, c3
- you did it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The worst characters are the ones with animation lock that you can't dodge cancel out of :colbert:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ruto has that with like all of her combos. gently caress u ruto

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

great fairy can get in line too

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
lazer kid best kid

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bakalakadaka posted:

Who are y'alls favorite boss killers? Linkle is good at everything but Lana's book is probably my favorite for bosses. Use her C4 to put 3 walls up on the boss and then do it again in the same spot and the second round of walls shatters the first 3 and just explodes any boss's wpg.

Sheikh c2. Hardest hitting attack in the game.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

tithin posted:

Sheikh c2. Hardest hitting attack in the game.

... The water pillar?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Maybe they mean the second combo, ie C3 that gives you the fire song meteor drop thing. Time that so it lands right after a giant boss’ WPG shows up and you can one-cycle it pretty easily.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Pixeltendo posted:

The worst character to play is Zelda with the Baton

I try to forget this weapon exists tbh because the other two she has are great.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Bakalakadaka posted:

I try to forget this weapon exists tbh because the other two she has are great.

I found the baton really useful for clearing "all attacks are devastating" maps very quickly. Just keep spamming whirlwinds.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 9, 2018

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I find Ghiahrim and Toon Link the hardest to play as.
TL seems really slow and I can't see what the gently caress is going on - the camera snaps back so when you're playing multiplayer you have to look up constantly and it won't stay there.
Ghiahrim doesn't move when he's attacking and I find that hard to deal with.

Everyone else I can at least use. I'd rather be Sheik, Yuga or Linkle though, if given a choice.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I've only used Ruto once, but she seemed kind of bad. I was trying to fight Volga though. Against mobs she seemed better. I just had a problem dodging his attacks when he turns into the dragon.

Linkle is so good though.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Can anyone tell me how to play Midna and Agitha? I don't get their thing at all.

And Fi is absolute rubbish. Any mission requiring me to play Fi gets skipped for now.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

BattyKiara posted:

Can anyone tell me how to play Midna and Agitha? I don't get their thing at all.

And Fi is absolute rubbish. Any mission requiring me to play Fi gets skipped for now.

Agitha: Drop beetles forever. Use C3 (the beetle summon) on the biggest group of enemies you can see, and as soon as the circle appears, dodge-cancel to the side and start summoning another beetle. Your enemies will be crushed under the rain of insects.
Also, if you ever see anyone expose a weak point gauge, immediately run up and start chain-spamming your C2 (the upwards butterfly spread launcher) back-to-back so you juggle them until their gauge breaks. Agitha's WPG attack is stupidly good, it hits a massive area and it seems like it hits twice for about 2/3rd's the usual WPG damage.
If you ever feel like getting saucy, the attack that makes a giant beetle zoom along the ground in a long line in front of you (C5 or C6, I forget which) is pretty solid too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BattyKiara posted:

Spam Midna’s C3 (the dog shuriken). Nothing else. Playing her is a bore because that one attack is so much better than everything else in her repertoire.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

BattyKiara posted:

Agitha's XY combo can be an infinite juggle if you also throw in a quick dash to reset it. it's a guaranteed guard break in any non-boss enemy. otherwise I just spam the big beetle everywhere. she's not very entertaining.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Oxxidation posted:

Spam Midna’s C3 (the dog shuriken). Nothing else. Playing her is a bore because that one attack is so much better than everything else in her repertoire.

The ground-slapping while running is her best attack, fite me

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

The ground-slapping while running is her best attack, fite me

it's more entertaining but her basic combo is so bad that substituting in the C3 whenever possible is best

it hits for a ton of damage even on blocking officers and comes out too fast to be interrupted, plus it gives her a little bit of cover directly behind as well

most of midna's attacks have the same weakness as zant's in that they leave her way too open, even her C1 is borderline useless

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
For adventure mode, is it just best to open up the whole map or is my time better spent trying to use search to get the A rank drops when I need them?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

seiferguy posted:

For adventure mode, is it just best to open up the whole map or is my time better spent trying to use search to get the A rank drops when I need them?

Just have goals and advance towards them. Always be going for a weapon, character, or outfit.

And don't be afraid to skip around maps to avoid burn out. You can reach most of the characters on later maps pretty quickly with even like level 30 characters.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

seiferguy posted:

You should definitely use search before clearing maps so you don’t have to replay them. Obviously this doesn’t apply if it’s for a character you don’t have yet. Also maps that have rewards for multiple characters but only let you play as one. And you have to play Skulltula ones twice if you want the second Skulltula but that’s also dumb as hell, why would anyone get every Skulltula?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

You should definitely use search before clearing maps so you don’t have to replay them. Obviously this doesn’t apply if it’s for a character you don’t have yet. Also maps that have rewards for multiple characters but only let you play as one. And you have to play Skulltula ones twice if you want the second Skulltula but that’s also dumb as hell, why would anyone get every Skulltula?

For the illustrations. And the reward map missions that come with them.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Folt The Bolt posted:

For the illustrations. And the reward map missions that come with them.

Okay but is that a great reward? More missions to do? More maps to clear? Are they extra good for mat grinding or something?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

some of them have outfit rewards. and if you’re not enjoying the gameplay on some level then what are you grinding towards

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

Okay but is that a great reward? More missions to do? More maps to clear? Are they extra good for mat grinding or something?

I used the Scattered Seeds map to get Phantom Ganon and Big Blin materials back when I played Legends.

They are all missions that have unique non-generic mission objectives, the ones that came with the Wii U DLC onwards sometimes being the HW's imagination of a specific Zelda game moment like how Scattered Seeds is a reimagination of the final WW battle where you're encouraged to take the WW trio and battle against Ganondorf. For some examples, True Partners is "pick a lady and make the other pickable ladies cross enough with you that they'll join the other army", battle Darunia's captains which seems simple enough until Sheik and Ruto appears as you down the Goron Captain, a reimagination of the final battle where Ganondorf has Zant and Ghirahim alongside him and summons Ganon to fight together with him, a weakened Midna fighting against Zant who weakens her with magic and turns defeated Hylian Captains into Darknuts and you need to dispel Twilight Fields to make her stronger and ultimately turn her into a souped up Twili Midna, a reimagination of Majora's Mask's plot where you must guide four extremely giant Bokoblins to four keeps and fight Lana in her Skull Kid costume because it was made before Skull Kid debuted, etc. etc.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

The first one I did got me the dark link costume.
Which was poo poo.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Summoning gate might be the best weapon because it lets you surf on Argorok.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Bakalakadaka posted:

it was also famous for the rupee glitch, but they killed that so now we have to earn our stupid green gems like the rest of the dirty normal peasants

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bakalakadaka posted:

Summoning gate is just SO SLOW. Anything that requires faffing beyond just spamming Y is kind of an arse really.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Yeah it's slow but hasty attacks exists and it's super powerful and also you surf on a dragon.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the gate's boosted C4 pretty much melts everything, but agreed in that its basic combo is a waste of valuable time

the tier 3 mission for that weapon was miserable in the original game

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I somehow managed to get all the 4 and 4+ weapons for everyone, but missed Wizzro's 2 weapon

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 12, 2018

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Currently only need Link's Master Sword, Lana's Lv. 2 Spear, Darunia's Lv. 4 Hammer, Ruto's Lv 2 and Lv. 4 Zora Scales, Cia's Lv. 4 Scepter, Twili Midna's Lv. 3 Mirror, and Linkle's Lv. 2 Crossbows, to have all the weapons in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Folt The Bolt posted:

Currently only need Link's Master Sword, Lana's Lv. 2 Spear, Darunia's Lv. 4 Hammer, Ruto's Lv 2 and Lv. 4 Zora Scales, Cia's Lv. 4 Scepter, Twili Midna's Lv. 3 Mirror, and Linkle's Lv. 2 Crossbows, to have all the weapons in the game.

For purposes of unlocking the Master Sword, do you need to get all the lv 2 weapons and such, or will it count if I jump right to a higher level weapon?