Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I’ve never seen a polish anywhere. It’s different than the Italian sausage sandwich, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I’m still on my quest to find the naanwiches.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Coredump posted:

I’m still on my quest to find the naanwiches.

They are good, but as a goon I really need to eat two or three to be full. I've only seen the chicken tikka flavor in my local Costco, but online they have half a dozen other ones.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Hed posted:

I’ve never seen a polish anywhere. It’s different than the Italian sausage sandwich, right?

I have had the polish many many times but never had the Italian sausage sandwich. Probably a regional thing. I will be sad to see the polish go though.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
DO NOT FEAR CHANGE MY BRETHREN! FOR UNDER THE TRANQUIL ARMS OF COSTCO ALL SHALL FIND SUSTENANCE AND ACCEPTANCE.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

got the sodastream on sale. time to hack it and make the rivers flow with bubbles.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Hed posted:

It's a Kielbasa in hot dog form. Costco offered it as an alternative to the usual hot dog. Same deal as the usual dog.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

I tried the faux al pastor today. It wasn't bad, I'd probably get it again.

Not as good as the polish dog of course.

PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
got that slizzice of cheese on the brain :sigh:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Chinatown posted:

got that slizzice of cheese on the brain :sigh:

A single slice of the food court cheese pizza has 65% of your daily saturated fat, 46% of your total fat, and 73% of your daily sodium.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

A single slice of the food court cheese pizza has 65% of your daily saturated fat, 46% of your total fat, and 73% of your daily sodium.

yeah. its great.

why are we not shipping these things to Syria and poo poo? could save millions of lives.

naem
May 29, 2011

Chinatown posted:

yeah. its great.

why are we not shipping these things to Syria and poo poo? could save millions of lives.

:capitalism:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The Costco Auto Program is good for lower popularity brands and great for high popularity ones. Toyota/Subaru/Honda are all especially good. The program actually kind of fucks dealers and can actually turbofuck them if they're a small or independent lot, that's why it can be hard to find participating lots with some models.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
The polish is so goddamn tasty but every single time I eat it I poo poo like a malfunctioning convenience store nacho cheese machine for days on end. By removing the polish from the menu, Costco is saving me from this fate. Truly, Costco loves us and knows what’s best for us.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Would anyone be willing to give me the costco item number for the naanwiches? Or tell me what states have them? Please.

edit: Literally on a chat with a costco person trying to find these. I am goon.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 12, 2018

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Coredump posted:

Would anyone be willing to give me the costco item number for the naanwiches? Or tell me what states have them? Please.

I am at work so i don't have teh item number but I got them in the Grandville, Michigan store within the last couple months.

Edit: this may be the product number(18026630) in this URL, not sure though.

https://www.instacart.com/costco/products/18026630-sukhi-s-antibiotic-free-chicken-tikka-masala-naanwich-5-2-oz

Trastion fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 12, 2018

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Coredump posted:

The naanwhiches are good, but they will not change your life. The same company makes tikka masala sauce packets and sells them on Amazon. The naan bread in the deli section actually freezes very well and can be reheated in a toaster.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Has anyone used the costco auto buying program
Bought two cars through it. A Subaru for ~3% under invoice and a Honda for ~6% under invoice.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

milkman dad posted:

The naanwhiches are good, but they will not change your life. The same company makes tikka masala sauce packets and sells them on Amazon. The naan bread in the deli section actually freezes very well and can be reheated in a toaster.

yeah this, temper your expectations because while decent, they aren't mind-blowing at all. probably above tier for most frozen lunch poo poo but yeah i also second the person who said they aren't themselves very filling. i'm generally a eat half-a-burrito-save-half-for-later type but i still could loving eat 2 of those and still strongly consider a 3rd.

Suuhki or something is the brand and they sell big containers of like tikka masala chicken that you can just buy and slop into fresh naan, which they also sell, or serve over basmati and i think that's better bang for the buck.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Why the gently caress was my Costco so crowded today.

Who goes shopping at 1pm on a loving Thursday, go to work.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Weekday Costco is filled with old people.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Chinatown posted:

Weekday Costco is filled with old people.

That's fine.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I went to my brand new Costco at like 11am today and it was deserted. They had 3 registers open and 2 of them didn't have any customers, just cleaning up their areas. I was in heaven.

Our food court also has the self-serve kiosk and now they got rid of all the windows and only have a single register and a huge open counter for kiosk order pickup instead.

On the downside their gas prices weren't any lower than our local Ralphs/Vons/Arco pricing.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Costco's gas is regularly 30-40 cents per gallon cheaper in Lansing, MI, which is cheap enough to warrant driving 10-15 min to go get it. At that price, they're basically paying me to get one of them dogs and drinks.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Anyone harvest hartguard from Costco? I assume they provide a friendly price, or I hope!

If you get the heartgard plus that also treats roundworms and hookworms they have a generic that costs like 6 bucks a month.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

gvibes posted:

Bought two cars through it. A Subaru for ~3% under invoice and a Honda for ~6% under invoice.

Mind if I ask what the discount on the Subaru was? I went last night and they said $500 off manuf. price but they never actually showed me the Costco price sheet, so I emailed asking for it. Hopefully they get back to me today

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bloodplay it again posted:

Costco's gas is regularly 30-40 cents per gallon cheaper in Lansing, MI, which is cheap enough to warrant driving 10-15 min to go get it. At that price, they're basically paying me to get one of them dogs and drinks.

Yeah about 20-30 cents cheaper here in SE Wisconsin.

PBUC

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Costco gas in Atlanta is very hit or miss... why hath Jim forsaken us?!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Costco charges based on how much they paid for their gas. If the price of quickly goes down, all of that gas will be comparatively expensive until they have to buy more.

Big stations like Quick Trip or BP update their prices on the fly.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug
New Costco in Pflugerville, TX (just North of Austin, and the 3rd in the Austin area) opens July 23rd. What are the sanctioned rituals for such an event?

fivehead
Jul 11, 2017

Americans Need Cash Now
brethren

how are the costco light up connector extension cords? Safe,, cool and good or falling apart after 3 months?

I am a believer, but even believers can have their faith tested pbuc

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ixian posted:

New Costco in Pflugerville, TX (just North of Austin, and the 3rd in the Austin area) opens July 23rd. What are the sanctioned rituals for such an event?

dog and a free refill brother

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Mind if I ask what the discount on the Subaru was? I went last night and they said $500 off manuf. price but they never actually showed me the Costco price sheet, so I emailed asking for it. Hopefully they get back to me today
Sorry, long time ago. I think a little more than that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

belt posted:

I want to punch everything about that webpage.

Don't be mad about a Child's Condiment.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Decided to make trip to the local Japanese Costco and checked out the new food court additions.

So, now we have Chili beans potato, Cold brew coffee, and Very berry sundae. Decided to try out the chili potato.

Wedge fries with chili and cheese, it was quite good as expected although due to the price I'm not sure if I'd order it over anything else on the menu. Maybe it's something you're supposed to buy and share with the group but I had no problems eating it myself along with a dog.

But that wasn't the only surprise!

Never have I been so excited to use a gas station!

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
You ever try the bulgogi bake? That sounds pretty tasty.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Yeah the Bulgogi bake is ace, packed full of meat and filling as hell.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Japanese poutine: ¥420.69, nice

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

how the hell are you supposed to eat that salad in that cup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah it does look a bit strange. Maybe youre supposed to dump it on a plate and mix it around?