Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cloud of Unknowing might be one of my favorite tracks, honestly. I don't know why, but it never fails to click with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its emotionally powerful musically and lyrically

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Pararoid posted:

Glitter Freeze, bad? Looks like someone doesn't know where north is from here.
my favourite gorillaz memory is being in a flat lounge full of young 20somethings monged on acid. the entire discography was being played in the background and when that voice on m1 a1 starts a guy mines its a small guy in his cup. everybody starts freaking out that there is some small person swimming around in his beer and begs him to help fish the sod out.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Lampsacus posted:

my favourite gorillaz memory is being in a flat lounge full of young 20somethings monged on acid. the entire discography was being played in the background and when that voice on m1 a1 starts a guy mines its a small guy in his cup. everybody starts freaking out that there is some small person swimming around in his beer and begs him to help fish the sod out.

That’s an extremely legit memory

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
cloud of unknowing is incredible

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Lampsacus posted:

And then everybody clapped

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Lake Zurich is the best song on the album. It may be instrumental but it's not like Glitter Freeze at all, it actually has a melody and stuff.

Not to dis Glitter Freeze too much, it's just more interludey. Different kind of track.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

M1A1 and Ghost Train is secretly my all time favorite Gorillaz songs.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

And then everybody clapped

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

That’s an extremely legit memory
The trick is not minding that it hurts.
x

My other favourite gorillaz memory is everybody badly rapping C.E. in year six.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lampsacus posted:

The trick is not minding that it hurts.
x

My other favourite gorillaz memory is everybody badly rapping C.E. in year six.

For the longest time I thought the Clint Eastwood remix was the actual song, because that's the one everyone at school obsessed over. When I bought the album I was extremely confused as to why it was so slow.

Feel da motioooon!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

M1A1 and Ghost Train is secretly my all time favorite Gorillaz songs.

Seriously, starting to open seemingly every concert with M1A1 was probably one of the greatest decisions they’ve made.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Best Gorillaz track is actually the Demon Days Live version of Hong Kong :colbert:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

AAB posted:

Best Gorillaz track is actually the Demon Days Live version of Hong Kong :colbert:

actually so true

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

That’s a weird way to say Kids With Guns

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Or Man Research

or White Light

Demon days is so good

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Having listened to the new album quite a bit, this is my current ranking:

Demon Days
Humanz
Plastic Beach
ST
Now Now
The Fall

I really like all the albums (except the fall obviously)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I will echo the sentiment that Doncamatic is loving fire and if it had properly been on the tracklist for Plastic Beach it would have made an already great album even more incredible. Seriously for a one-off single idk how it's so good.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Doncamatic is hella good, as is the joker remix of it

also, the fall is good

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Doncamatic is the Sleeping Powder of Plastic Beach.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Two new remixes just got posted on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfT2-Zna7F0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_5wORd9MFA

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Meh on the Now Now.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
it sounds like a ween album lol. especially sorcererz

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, it seems like a B-Sides album, except that the first two B-Sides albums that Gorillaz put out were more interesting. This is like The Fall, down to having track names being about cities/states.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Not Gorillaz, per se, but I've literally never heard anyone talk about Monkey - Journey to the West and I loving love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT0tBKB2_PA

Anyone else?

Here are some full tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCIpuHtTSl8

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

LordoftheScheisse posted:

Not Gorillaz, per se, but I've literally never heard anyone talk about Monkey - Journey to the West and I loving love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT0tBKB2_PA

Anyone else?

Here are some full tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCIpuHtTSl8

i saw it performed at spoleto charleston and it was insanely cool.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
straight up opera with damon there conducting and big projected hewlett illustrations and backgrounds and stuff.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Monkey is awesome. Wish I could have seen it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So apparently Damon's written another album already.

Huh.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Steve2911 posted:

So apparently Damon's written another album already.

Huh.

Found the interview, he indeed has another whole Gorillaz album written that he won't record this year. There's also the second Good, Bad, Queen album coming out this year.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/gorillaz/status/1039894320722137088/video/1

Looks like maybe it's dropping today? If you asked me ten years ago I would have never guessed that we would have too much Gorillaz. Now I'm worried that it's too much quantity, not enough quality.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh, I already forgot that was a song title. Just a new music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Q52cVx7Bo

Noodle has my basic expression.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

wow that video sucks

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i kinda like it, but is there an in-universe reason that the animation on ace is noticeably stiffer/jankier/more Flash-y than everyone else? i never watched powerpuff girls so i assume it's gotta be a reference to that somehow, right? the animation on every other character is way smoother. :confused:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Glad I got to see these guys at Barclays over the weekend---apparently they're going on hiatus for a while or something after this though that's no big surprise, this is just the 2nd time since 2011 I've seen them. Peven Everett pulled double duty as the Bobby Womack parts in Stylo and loving killed. Band also played a loving nasty version of Every Planet We Reach Is Dead that I wish was on a CD.

Only bummer in the show was Clint Eastwood; they had De La Soul, Mos Def, and Bootie Brown all in attendance but deferred to a Del recording by default, even when historically there are like 2 alternate versions of the song they can do without him.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
The Del verse is iconic, wouldn't do the song justice otherwise.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I saw them in Boston last night

Little Dragon opened for them, and Yukimi did out to do To Binge instead of Latin Simone in the encore

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, the version of Every Planet they played last night almost sounded like it came straight out of a Led Zeppelin performance.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

I saw them in Boston last night

Little Dragon opened for them, and Yukimi did out to do To Binge instead of Latin Simone in the encore

Did they do Empire Ants?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Nah, but they did do To Binge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Regalingualius posted:

Nah, but they did do To Binge.

Is To Binge Empire Ants? No.