Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Edit: Don't hotlink if it's not a dedicated imagehost.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hate Vince so much

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Did you know Roman Reigns has an entire wikipedia page about how people don't like him? That's...kinda impressive really.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_and_reception_of_Roman_Reigns

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The_Rob posted:

And again going to a totally other company and causing a scene is a cool exciting thing to do. How does that do anything for Roman.

If you look at it from McMahon's point of view I can totally see how he'd think this was a heel move. A disloyal employee who's realised his worth and is using it to extract wealth from his boss Vs the good boy who always does as he's told to get his dinner egg? No brainer who Vince is behind.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder what else Vince will try once Roman gets booed again.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TV Zombie posted:

the light comes up on the monday night raw ring, roman reigns is seated alone, on a stool, in the center of the ring. he tells the audience that every other wrestler took the day off to go to six flags, but roman still came into work because thats what the big dog does. he comes into work because he respects the fans and wants their respect. every other wrestler would rather ride rollercoasters than perform for the wwe universe, but not the big dog.

then he'll introduce replays of some of his matches throughout the years and does a vh1 storytellers kind of thing to explain how he actually is a good wrestler i mean just look at these matches with aj you liked them right? what about when braun flipped that ambulance that was cool right? that'll be the rest of raw.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

TV Zombie posted:

He'll make roman a compelling and complex character with understandable motivations and weaknesses that make his matches compelling.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also in this week's observer it looks like Fox is expecting around 3 to 3.5 million viewers for Smackdown on Friday

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Also in this week's observer it looks like Fox is expecting around 3 to 3.5 million viewers for Smackdown on Friday

lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

Did you know Roman Reigns has an entire wikipedia page about how people don't like him? That's...kinda impressive really.

It's a good read.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you have to keep shoving it down the viewer's throats and telling them Roman is the guy, he really isn't.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Saint Freak posted:

i'm disappointed that all the edits/additions weren't by only one guy

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
SURPRISE! The WWE doesn't produce Emmy-quality programming.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/118799/wwe-shut-out-from-emmy-nominations.html?p=1

quote:

Despite a big push that included hosting a For Your Consideration party last month in Los Angeles and being listed on the preliminary ballots for the first time ever, World Wrestling Entertainment failed to land any official nominations for the 2018 Emmy Awards.

WWE had been on the prelim ballots in the following categories:

Best Documentary or Non-Fiction Special

*WWE 24: Empowered.

*Andre the Giant documentary.

Outstanding Structured Reality Program

*Mixed Match Challenge.

*Monday Night Raw.

Outstanding Unstructured Reality Program:

*Total Bellas.

*Total Divas.

Outstanding Variety Special (live)

*Wrestlemania 34.

Although the company failed to garner any nominations, it’s important to note that 2018 was the first time WWE was ever able to get any of their programming to even the preliminary ballot. That had never happened before.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You don't have to be good to get an Emmy nomination.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghnfYTyiF0M

:allears:

Edit

Also, a video about... CM Punk on... WWE???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwUqarZjvNs

Daztek fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 12, 2018

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I honestly think that's reasonable early on. I think if there's strong advertising they could bring in some lapsed fans to give it a shot. It won't last cause come on, but that's kind of where I expect them to hang around for the first month.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

I mean, it's factually true.

It really is.

Sure, but saying negative but factually true things about WWE doesn't necessarily stop them from being petty or cruel. In their eyes they're just fighting back.

He very well may re-sign though, who knows.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
He's got them by the balls. They need Daniel Bryan because he's on their A-show.

That's right. Total Bellas.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CobiWann posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you have to keep shoving it down the viewer's throats and telling them Roman is the guy, he really isn't.

worked for HHH

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Daztek posted:

Also, a video about... CM Punk on... WWE???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwUqarZjvNs

Not a single rear end zoom what is this bullshit?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

If you look at it from McMahon's point of view I can totally see how he'd think this was a heel move. A disloyal employee who's realised his worth and is using it to extract wealth from his boss Vs the good boy who always does as he's told to get his dinner egg? No brainer who Vince is behind.

What I'm annoyed at is it completely goes against the narrative they tried to tell leading into Wrestlemania about how Brock is "Vince's Boy."

So the plan is for Roman to get cheered over Brock, aka "Vince's Boy", by showing Vince's Boy disregard the Universal title and show up on UFC TV like a disloyal oval office? This makes no loving sense.

It's like he completely loving forgot that his hottest star from his hottest period was Steve Austin, a guy who literally feuded with him and treated him like garbage.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

fart blood posted:

It's like he completely loving forgot that his hottest star from his hottest period was Steve Austin, a guy who literally feuded with him and treated him like garbage.
that was when he had competition and also ratings or buyrates or gates or anything really mattered so he had to go against what he really wanted to do

small reminder, he was dragged kicking and screaming into attitude era and would still be doing New Generation if he wasn't forced to change

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Big E doing promos in the style of Joel Gertner would cause the entire company stock to explode or implode. Theres no in between. Hell I'm shocked they even acknowledged Gertner, his promos could not be done today for many many many good reasons.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
joel gertner was cool

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE was shut out of the Emmys? I cannot wait for the return of the Slammies as a result! The Big Dog is going to clean house in every non female category!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Vince.txt stuff from the Observer:

Lesnar showing up in UFC actually supports Vince's dumb storyline, so Vince's response IS........to not mention it on Raw at all.

Mmmmmmkay.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

Big E doing promos in the style of Joel Gertner would cause the entire company stock to explode or implode. Theres no in between. Hell I'm shocked they even acknowledged Gertner, his promos could not be done today for many many many good reasons.

Big E does Gertner-style promos, but about how he respects women and always makes sure he has enthusiastic consent before performing cunnilingus.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That Eric Andre meme except it's Vince shooting the title onto Brock and then saying "Why would Brock Lesnar do this to the WWE fans?"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1017527838394597378

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i can't wait for braun to cash in and then we get 6 months of roman whining about how he was cheated

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i can't wait for braun to cash in and then we get 6 months of roman whining about how he was cheated

Braun will cash in and Roman will beat Braun next PPV.

I'd rather sell it as Braun is such a monster he formally challenges both from the start or in the middle of the match and pins Brock. Then Roman can pin him later as Vince would do

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Except, as suggested before, Braun cashes in before the title match, beats Brock in 90 seconds with the powerslam, and then beats Roman in a 30 minute 'epic' where the entire building boos the 'babyface'.

THEN Roman loses and spends the next 6 months whining while Cole has to try and sell it as a noble quest.

Also, going back to why the 2K commercial might be better than anything WWE has done with Ronda: It's because 2K (and Snickers and others) want to present the wrestlers as big stars because the point is 'we have a big star, buy our product' and WWE's terrified of actually focusing on stars because Vince is afraid they'll leave, so the spotlight is on 'the brand'. It's not "Come see ROMAN REIGNS, SHINSUKE NAKAMURA and CHARLOTTE FLAIR!", it's "Come see THE WWE SUPERSTARS (like Roman Reigns, Shinsuke Nakamura and Charlotte Flair.)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Vince Sr is rolling in his grave

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1017529240395440128

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Vince's plan to get Roman Reigns over is by putting off his title win longer and longer until ALL the frustrated fans leave entirely so when he finally wins that title there's just no reaction at all, instead of an overwhelmingly negative one

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Vince has Alzheimer's and no one noticed because they're all afraid to question him.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a heads up on that G1Supercard thing at MSG: I wouldn't expect it to be broadcasted. The rates on MSG are utterly absurd and unless ROH and NJPW plan on cutting half of their roster in order to broadcast it, it'll probably be a house show like thing.

Also it's going up against NXT Takeover, which will likely have an incredibly stacked card to counter ROH.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm putting ketchup on steak burgers right now and I gotta say, Vince may be on to something. I'm a big fan of ketchup in general so I may be biased though.

He still retains his crazy old man status since if I had millions of dollars I would be eating so, SO much better than that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ketchup was always good.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yeah people hate it on hot dogs for some reason. Then again I hate literally every other topping you can put on a hot dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Relish?

• Locked thread