Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I don’t think Brendan Schaub can do Dana’s job. Dana is paid to be criticized all day, Brendan is a delicate baby and would get really mad all day if he had Dana’s job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
dana white runs a multi billion dollar business that he built basically from the ground up and brandon schaub gives confused looks to brian callen for 6 hours a week

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

To be fair Dana White also seems to be really mad all day due to that aspect of his job.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Bluedeanie posted:

To be fair Dana White also seems to be really mad all day due to that aspect of his job.

Fair, but I don’t think Schaub can really withstand that type of constant antagonism.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

And yet that statement was the most effective offense of Schaub's career.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
dana doesnt have the smarts or the ability to be the lesser half of a fuckin embarrassinlgly lovely podcast or to get totally clowned and tricked by a random reddit troll lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
dana is basically brendans grandfather considering the joe rogan relationships

mewse
May 2, 2006

If it is Rousey:

1) I guarantee Schaub thinks he's check-mated Dana
2) I hope Dana buries Schaub in the desert

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bork Lesnar just turned 41.

Human years. I'm not sure if this is old for a Cro Magnon or not.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

david carmichael posted:

One imagines that the threat is that schaub has evidence of whites adultery and/or sex with employees. Except hes already put those cards on the table so how does he do more damage unless they both hosed someone really stupid

they hosed eachother in an igloo

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

dana white runs a multi billion dollar business that he built basically from the ground up and brandon schaub gives confused looks to brian callen for 6 hours a week

I'm pretty sure the Fertitta's did most of the leg work and I'm also fairly sure Dana doesn't run the accounting for the UFC. He's a figure head.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/jimmysmithmma/status/1017520653354713088

lol

mewse
May 2, 2006

jfc

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I'm very much enjoying this drama. I hope Dana didn't gently caress Ronda, that would be skeezy on a whole other level.

Brendan deleted it all.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Yeah I mean two blockheads getting each other angry is really just funny more than anything. I'm not going to get drawn into a strong opinion about it, just that the weaker or stranger the insults get, the better.

E. Although thinking about it now, airing dirty laundry just to try to own your ex-boss is real flagrant although I will still laugh at it

Stealth Tiger fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 12, 2018

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

JaySB posted:

I'm pretty sure the Fertitta's did most of the leg work and I'm also fairly sure Dana doesn't run the accounting for the UFC. He's a figure head.

dana brought hte fertittas the opportunity to invest in the ufc and hes much more than a figurehead. what does accounting have to do with it? he runs things at a way higher level than an accountant and the CFO answers to him

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Skip My Posts posted:

not sure what "brain damage" youre referring to, my man

lmfao

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Does Brandon know what eskimo brothers means

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i think the only expression he is familiar with is 'fail upwards'

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

spb posted:

Does Brandon know what eskimo brothers means

I'm not even sure he knows what "eskimo" or "brothers" means

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

JaySB posted:

i totally agree with you tho that the fertittas were just as important or maybe even more so than dana. but they were partners and it was mutually beneficial

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

this entire thing revoles around believing Lorenzo was the reason UFC was UFC and not Joe Silva, but at least it correctly identifies Dana as being a useless gently caress

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

i totally agree with you tho that the fertittas were just as important or maybe even more so than dana. but they were partners and it was mutually beneficial

agreed, i think the personalities played a huge role in how the structured zuffa. the fertittas needed dana to be dana, and a way to manage/mitigate any reprecussions from dana being dana. uncle frank and lorenzo were always there to step in if needed as actual c-layer execs, but got to avoid a lot of other bullshit thanks to dana being dana. they definitely needed each other

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah id throw joe silva in there too for sure, the genius that dana hired off the internet

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Another funny element to this is that Brandon just went through a series of YouTube video slap fights with Chael Sonnen.

Also lol that he took a screenshot of a Notes file so he could tweet it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FishBowlRobot posted:

Also lol that he took a screenshot of a Notes file so he could tweet it.

A lot of people do this because of character count being limited, it's a weird thing people get irritated about just like low batteries on phone screenshots

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

SquirrelGrip posted:

agreed, i think the personalities played a huge role in how the structured zuffa. the fertittas needed dana to be dana, and a way to manage/mitigate any reprecussions from dana being dana. uncle frank and lorenzo were always there to step in if needed as actual c-layer execs, but got to avoid a lot of other bullshit thanks to dana being dana. they definitely needed each other

The UFC could not have gotten to where they were pre-sale if it weren’t for Dana being the polarizing figurehead that could deflect criticism away from the Fertittas.

Like that whole thing where they fired all of AKA over video games likeness rights - the UFC ultimately prevailed at the end there and I don’t think it would’ve happened if Dana weren’t able to make the whole thing about him vs AKA.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
dana is a dick head but hes good at his job and hes right a lot

mewse
May 2, 2006

I'm Brenden Schaub and this is Jackass *checks notes* wait, I'm jackass

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

yeah id throw joe silva in there too for sure, the genius that dana hired off the internet

lmao 100%

I was convinced joe had an account and was lurking psp a few years back

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

A lot of people do this because of character count being limited, it's a weird thing people get irritated about just like low batteries on phone screenshots

I understand why and I’m not irritated, but I still think it’s a funny way to unleash an essay of a burn.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

Joe actually volunteered to like clean floors and poo poo. Strictly to be close to it. What apervert

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I mean, Dana tears down his neighbors’ houses and literally makes it snow in Vegas. He just might be the winner here.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

SquirrelGrip posted:

lmao 100%

It wouldn't be unheard of, goons are loud.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

Lmao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

david carmichael posted:

Joe actually volunteered to like clean floors and poo poo. Strictly to be close to it. What apervert

lol cool

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
joe silva owns

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Skip My Posts posted:

joe silva owns

Account spotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Joe Silva does own. If you didn't know, he's the one who tracked down Joanna Champion and offered her a UFC contract. She wasn't on anyone else's radar, but he knew. Because he's a giant nerd.

1st AD posted:

I don’t think Brendan Schaub can do Dana’s job. Dana is paid to be criticized all day, Brendan is a delicate baby and would get really mad all day if he had Dana’s job.

Brendan Schaub couldn't do his own job.

SquirrelGrip posted:

Dana White serves as a fantastic lightening rod that the fans can hate for callous business decisions while still liking the UFC as a whole. He's the character Vince McMahon is playing.

SquirrelGrip posted:

lmao 100%

I once tweeted at Cerrone and Evan Dunham that they should fight, and it was booked like two days later. Then, the same thing happened for Lawler and Condit. I deleted my account after that. I don't want that kind of power.

• Locked thread