Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

drunkill posted:

Keri Russel has been cast in episode 9 of starwars, I doubt she'll be folding rebels into suitcases though.

Awesome! She deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hopefully JJ won't make her cut her hair again!

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I finally saw the finale and it was amazing. I'm going to miss this show so much.

The scene in the garage was heart breaking.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

drunkill posted:

Keri Russel has been cast in episode 9 of starwars, I doubt she'll be folding rebels into suitcases though.

Fingers crossed Mail Robot also gets a shot at the big time.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Mail Robot seems like a no brainier for SW.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

KPC_Mammon posted:

I finally saw the finale and it was amazing. I'm going to miss this show so much.

The scene in the garage was heart breaking.

"we had a job to do" is was such a fantastic line to set up the rest of that scene.

nashona
May 8, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

withak posted:

Mail Robot seems like a no brainier for SW.

If a trash can can be in it...

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

just redo this entire trilogy with the cast of The Americans

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

just redo this entire trilogy

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
They could spend an entire film talking about finding Henry, then when they find him he dies 3 minutes later for no rational reason.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

wukkar posted:

They could spend an entire film talking about finding Henry, then when they find him he dies 3 minutes later for no rational reason.

Mysterious poison. Ripped from the headlines, art imitates life, all that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Henry ends up working for the government and ends up working on a top secret time travel experiment. He gets sent back to 1971 where he becomes DB Cooper and has to get money to buy parts to get back to the far flung future of TWO THOUSAND AND TWENTY THREE!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The show, Rhys and Russell all got Emmy nominations :toot: :ussr:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

If she doesn't win I'ma riot.

Riot!!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Mail Robot got robbed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Coq au Nandos posted:

Mail Robot got robbed.

https://twitter.com/HollyTaylor97/status/1017529732110409733

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
There will one be a biopic about the life and struggle of the actor Mail Robot, starring Calculon.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

esperterra posted:

If she doesn't win I'ma riot.

Riot!!

Friendly reminder that the "you want a good girl, but you need a bad pussy" episode of Game of Thrones won a best writing Emmy and no one should take that garbage seriously

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

For a connection to current events, you might've heard about this Strzok guy who was testifying in congress yesterday.

I'm sure those who were paying attention to the inspiration of the show knew and realized this, but turns out he's the guy who was running the counter-intelligence operation against the real-life illegals. So basically like a competent Gaad I guess. There's a lot of information about this out there of course but Rachel Maddow did a summary in the context of current events here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpIfLRqz0bg

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm sure those who were paying attention to the inspiration of the show knew and realized this, but turns out he's the guy who was running the counter-intelligence operation against the real-life illegals. So basically like a competent Gaad I guess.

competent? the russians seem to be getting away with whatever they want these days. phishing just makes it so they dont have to show up in person to marry someone's secretary

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If Matthew Rhys doesn't win.....the parking garage scene alone should be enough, IMO.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Eldarion'd again!
I thought the garage scene was terrible tbh. Should have been spread out over several episodes rather than concentrated into one short scene. Kind of robbed the whole betrayal aspect of some of its gravity. Of course, I feel the same way about Stan's realization in general.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

...! posted:

I thought the garage scene was terrible tbh. Should have been spread out over several episodes.

That's a lot of time to spend in a parking garage.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
gently caress YEAH MATTHEW RHYS

"Keri Russell said, 'If you propose to me, I'll punch you clean in the mouth.'"

Also dying at how many people are just now learning that Rhys isn't American

isk fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 18, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Fields and Weisberg also won an Emmy for writing, which was awesome.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/RandBallsStu/status/1041873960957304832?s=19

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

isk posted:

gently caress YEAH MATTHEW RHYS

"Keri Russell said, 'If you propose to me, I'll punch you clean in the mouth.'"

Also dying at how many people are just now learning that Rhys isn't American

No poo poo, we've been told he was Russian all these years.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I've been rewatching the first season, and I completely forgot that Paige met Claudia in the third episode.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I just loving finished this series. It's the most incredible series I've ever seen, and the fact that it holds up so well across pretty much every season is amazing. That last episode was loving heartrending.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I just needed to write something about it. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. It's so loving good. And I'm simultaneously really glad they ended it on a high note without letting it become stale, and really, really sad that it's over.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Thanatosian posted:

I just loving finished this series. It's the most incredible series I've ever seen, and the fact that it holds up so well across pretty much every season is amazing. That last episode was loving heartrending.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I just needed to write something about it. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. It's so loving good. And I'm simultaneously really glad they ended it on a high note without letting it become stale, and really, really sad that it's over.

I feel you bb.

How was season 5 as a binge? I had no problem with it weekly, but a lot of people thought it was bad/slow. I imagine not having to wait between episodes may help some of the issues some viewers had.

I liked the pace tho. Calm before the storm that is the final season.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

I feel you bb.

How was season 5 as a binge? I had no problem with it weekly, but a lot of people thought it was bad/slow. I imagine not having to wait between episodes may help some of the issues some viewers had.

I liked the pace tho. Calm before the storm that is the final season.
I thought it was fine. I feel like most of the series is more of a slow burn overall, but watching a season at a time probably helped a lot.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

...! posted:

I thought the garage scene was terrible tbh.

I found it, the wrongest opinion

isk
Oct 3, 2007

I liked S5 on a rewatch, but I also liked it the first time. The stuff with Tuan/Pasha and the old couple are heartbreakers.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah S5 rules.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Season 5 was fuckin lit

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

precision posted:

I found it, the wrongest opinion

The Garage Scene was, IMO, the key scene for the entire series. It was the biggest thing I wanted since the beginning, next to what would happen when they had to tell their kids. And it delivered. When Phillip deflated and just deadpanned "We had a job to do." :boom: What a moment.

Phillip had a lot of crowning moments of awesome that last season. For every scene where he's driving luxury cars and line dancing and wearing loving $3000 suits ("Come on!") we saw poo poo like him showing Paige he's not soft and kicking her rear end, his absolutely tense run after meeting the priest, etc. And of course in the end he was right and Elizabeth was wrong, and she knew it.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Fine, I’ll rewatch the entire series, geez.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Astroman posted:

The Garage Scene was, IMO, the key scene for the entire series. It was the biggest thing I wanted since the beginning, next to what would happen when they had to tell their kids. And it delivered. When Phillip deflated and just deadpanned "We had a job to do"

Yep, and the look on Stan's face right after. That was the whole series in a nutshell right there.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

One thing I really like about this show that only gets better on a rewatch is the licensed music. The timeframe the show depicts was my infancy to early childhood, so there's a bunch of music a) I vaguely remember, or b) is new to me but fits within the sounds of the period. The choices are also uniformly good-to-excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It occurs to me that a big part of the garage scene was that Stan realized he chose to be an FBI agent, but Phil and Liz were raised to believe they had no choice.

• Locked thread