Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

All of you who said “relish” for hot dogs, please clarify. :ohdear:

Like minced up pickle and other stuff.

Edit: this is a good page start actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

I'm kinda bothered how you capitalized tomato for ketchup...like wouldn't ketchup always be made from tomatoes?

It’s because of this deranged bullshit:

Aphrodite posted:

Ketchup is a category, please use the correct 'tomato ketchup'.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Technically you can have mushroom ketchup but I've never seen that poo poo in my life.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are there other types of ketchup sold in the wild? Never seen it around.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
banana ketchup

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ketchup...catsup....ketchup...catsup....

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm catching up on 205 Live and please literally fire the Lucha House Party. They lost the blowoff match and still open the show two weeks later. Time is a flat circle.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

There's like four people on the 205 live roster.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tokamak posted:

There's like four people on the 205 live roster.

That's not at all true. Like at all.

For one break up the stables in general. For another I'm not even saying don't feature Kalisto, Metallik, and/or Dorado, my initial post was flippant, it's just that they've opened literally something like 75% of the shows the last three months.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

We all thought we got to the Gran Metalik factory but it was actually a cardboard cutout and we were tricked by a wily gopher of some sort :sigh:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm catching up on 205 Live and please literally fire the Lucha House Party. They lost the blowoff match and still open the show two weeks later. Time is a flat circle.

Wtf does this have to do with ketchup?

(JK Foochs)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
When you say “ketchup”’ you mean “Heinz,” right?

This is one of the small hills in my marriage I’ve picked to die on - my wife bought a bottle of Hunt’s one time and didn’t understand why I immediately walked to the corner store for the proper brand of ketchup.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

CobiWann posted:

When you say “ketchup”’ you mean “Heinz,” right?

This is one of the small hills in my marriage I’ve picked to die on - my wife bought a bottle of Hunt’s one time and didn’t understand why I immediately walked to the corner store for the proper brand of ketchup.

Yes. In Australia they have all this Tomato sauce bullshit and I keep a bottle of Heinz in my fridge.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Let's see, Asuka gets brought into the main roster with an impressive undefeated streak, struggles against Emma who gets fired, struggles against a couple other jobbers like Alecia Fox. Gains momentum to give Charolette the rub at Wrestlemania for ending a streak that they tried to make a big deal (even mentioning it was longer than Goldberg's)

Asuka loses in a tag team match immediately when her partner Becky gets pinned, the rub gets lost after Charolette gets distracted by jobber duo IIconics, and cashed in on by Carmella

Asuka gets distracted for a minute and a half by Elsworth in her costume and gets rolled up

Yep, it all checks out, she's just another wrestler on the main roster. Almost like someone higher up has a vendetta against NXT call-ups, huh?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

205 was on such a goddamn roll post-Enzo, and then Wrestlemania happened, and it's been this weird declination of just doing the same things ad infinitum and Mustafa Ali and Buddy Murphy are murdering each other with hatchets and I can't bring myself to care because I've seen them wrestle fourteen times in the last ten minutes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Actually can't imagine for one second being surprised at what happened to Asuka

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RealFoxy posted:

Yep, it all checks out, she's just another wrestler on the main roster. Almost like someone higher up has a vendetta against NXT call-ups, huh?

It's far scarier and more depressing to consider that this is just how WWE operates, and they had no idea this was going to be as dumb as it ended up being. Never put down to malice what you can put down to incompetence, or however the old saying goes.

Remember, Roman's "magic beans" promo came after Vince got so super-excited for Roman as THE GUY he decided to write all his lines for him personally.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Half the roster or so are NXT callups at this point.

Hell, Carmella is an NXT callup.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
As eye-rolling as Bruce Prichard's podcasts are, I did manage to gather a couple things about how things operate there.

If someone's pushing hard for you and upper management doesn't "get" they're probably going to bury that talent to the ground because they're sick of the hearing people bring them up all the time, and that would absolutely include people like Zayn, Becky, Rusev, Asuka, etc. The other, is that Vince McMahon will always surround himself with the biggest kiss-asses so that everyone agrees with exactly with what he does and it just doubles down on "If Vince doesn't see it" kind of booking. The only exception was Russo because there was a very real threat of going out of business to WCW at the time and Russo was pushy enough and had enough ideas to keep Vince's attention for a minute.

On the CM Punk episode of Something Else to Wrestle, Prichard was directly called out on the idea if "Vince doesn't get it you get a Roman Reigns or a Rock" because of all the yes-men in management. Prichard was extremely enthusiastic to say "They're the same! Roman is amazing!" like directly after Prichard said he was the only one to "get" CM Punk with Johnny Ace and Heyman while Vince, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and Michael Hayes thought he was the drizzling shits. If you ask Prichard the same question in 6 years when Roman's experiment finally flops for good, Prichard would probably say "I never saw anything in him"

NXT feels like it's on a different planet and I am guessing that's because Triple H is just picking his battles right now and not rocking any boats until he has total control of the product. He's still a big fan of Roman Reigns, and was a huge fan of Sheamus but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he'd use them in very, very different ways than Vince McMahon saw them as. Of course, we could also just end up with Bobby Roode as the defacto Triple H reign of terror for 5 years but who knows, at least it will be different

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

my initial post was flippant, it's just that they've opened literally something like 75% of the shows the last three months.

I know, I was being flippant too.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

But it's good Asuka lost the streak! Because she can... She can't... She isn't bound by... The stories they can... The streak won't...

Oh no she's ruined. Didn't see it coming.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

TV Zombie posted:

Are there other types of ketchup sold in the wild? Never seen it around.

The current trend is everyone and their dog mixing Sriracha sauce and tomato ketchup and marketing it as just "Sriracha ketchup", but "true" non-tomato ketchups exist. Mushroom ketchup you can still find on shelves (depending on where you live), and it's even older than tomato ketchup

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Alan_Shore posted:

But it's good Asuka lost the streak! Because she can... She can't... She isn't bound by... The stories they can... The streak won't...

Between the MMC and this week she’s undefeated in intergender matches. New streak started.

If I knew what the last 4 months would be like I woulda backed the idea of Curt Hawkins beating Asuka’s streak for the double streak end.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CarlCX posted:

205 was on such a goddamn roll post-Enzo, and then Wrestlemania happened, and it's been this weird declination of just doing the same things ad infinitum and Mustafa Ali and Buddy Murphy are murdering each other with hatchets and I can't bring myself to care because I've seen them wrestle fourteen times in the last ten minutes.
I mean that's because it was a months long tourney that took up the show and is fairly simple to book.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Got an email today advertising Asuka vs Carmella for the SD Women's Championship at a nearby house show on September 2nd in Kalamazoo. While the card is subject to change, it seems like this feud is going to drag on to at least Summerslam.

The Smackdown airing in Detroit on September 4th is also advertising Asuka vs Carmella for the title. And Daniel Bryan vs The Miz.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Between the MMC and this week she’s undefeated in intergender matches. New streak started.

Suzuki's ears just perked up, and now I'm imagining them explaining that the sponsors don't want to see a man hitting a woman, and the subsequent face he would make.

And then they'd lose the Mattel deal because he'd brutalize her with a chair and then piledrive her

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Alan_Shore posted:

She couldn't win every match forever. She had to lose one eventually. It is better to deal with these things before they become completely stale, and you couldn't give her a better loss than to the de facto #1 woman on the roster at WrestleMania.

Asuka losing isn't a problem. Putting the belt on Carmella for an extended period of time is a problem.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
man: "doctor I am very depressed. the world is cruel and unfair, I lose many matches and feel very weak. my future popularity is vague and uncertain."

doctor: "treatment is easy, roman reigns is in town tonight, go and watch him. he is very strong and always wins all the belts."

man: *bursts into tears* "but doctor, I am roman reigns"

doctor: *boos loudly*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I am tired of Mustafa Ali offense.

I'm okay with him getting beat up forever, but I don't want to see his 3 moves, sometimes off something a couple of feet taller, anymore.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

pressedbunny posted:

She couldn't win every match forever. She had to lose one eventually. It is better to deal with these things before they become completely stale, and you couldn't give her a better loss than to the de facto #1 woman on the roster at WrestleMania.

Asuka losing isn't a problem. Putting the belt on Carmella for an extended period of time is a problem.

Having Asuka lose to Carmella constantly is a problem. No one takes Carmella seriously as a threat. Her promos are incredibly one dimensional, and her in ring abilities are quite possibly the worst on the active main roster right now (at least for females). It doesn't help that it isn't likely that Asuka is ever going to get comeuppance against Carmella if she gets shoved out of the title picture after Sunday, and that will pretty much destroy any credibility Asuka has left on the main roster (Asuka has been pretty much buried since MITB). At that point, you may as well let her go back to Japan or NXT.

The difference between Shinsuke and Asuka is that at least Shinsuke has something to fight for still in the US title. There are no other titles or actual meaningful accolades Asuka can fight for, since the women only have one title per brand. Meaning its pretty likely she gets lost in the shuffle and will likely never receive a meaningful push again before her contract is up. Or they won't be able to rebuild her in time to make her look credible again. And its not exactly great that WWE is pushing this women's revolution as a big thing when both current main roster champions would fit right in with the 2008-2012 divas era stuff in terms of promos or in ring ability.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 13, 2018

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I like how they gave Carmella a submission finisher but then positioned her as a cowardly conniving heel champion, so she just wins her matches with an unnamed generic sloppy kick most of the time.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

1) American ketchup is bad. European ketchup, with all the poo poo in it, is better. But neither should come within a mile of red meat. Especially hot dogs.

2) It's me, the guy who thought breaking Asuka's streak was perfect and she'd still be booked well and, and, :(

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Have you considered that ketchup is a very important tool for tricking literal children into eating food.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Minidust posted:

I like how they gave Carmella a submission finisher but then positioned her as a cowardly conniving heel champion, so she just wins her matches with an unnamed generic sloppy kick most of the time.

It's called the Princess Kick.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Give her a back rake and call it the Princess Hide.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Give her a punt that she never lands and call it the Miss Kick.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gotta appreciate the people doubling down on "well actually asuka's streak ending was good!"

No one ever suggested that Asuka should just win forever; streaks gotta end at some point but it's absolutely retarded that streak never turned into a championship reign, even worse that the follow up was what it was. The reason people wanted her to keep the streak was due to knowing how the WWE would treat her as soon as the streak was gone.

Admittedly, I didn't think we'd be sitting on "our two champions are petite blondes who look about as intimidating as a poodle," but I still wagered Asuka would get lost in the shuffle as soon as the streak ended. Here we are!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, if Asuka loses on Sunday (and is shoved out of the title picture), the only possible way I can see her being salvaged is a heel turn (which will fail if she's a ruthless heel, because the crowd wants to cheer for her when she is kicking rear end), and even then WWE (well to be more precise, Vince and/or Kevin) will probably be too gunshy to put the title on her still.

Asuka's handling on the main roster is why I'm praying that Triple H fights tooth and nail to keep Kairi and Io down in NXT for as long as possible, because Vince will absolutely ruin them on the main roster. I have a feeling once Vince is gone, things will improve with regards to Japanese talent being treated well on the main roster. I think he feels like they can't get over on their own, despite Asuka being the most over female superstar on Smackdown right now. Or he doesn't like them getting over on their own.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm sorry but Asuka must die so Becky can live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

But what if... Asuka lost the streak with zero planning for afterwards? I mean she's GOTTA lose it sometime (why? Why has she got to lose it sometime BTW?)

• Locked thread