Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ghostlight posted:

the last firing neurons in my brain will carry the thought "thank god i have no social media profile to @"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Siccing a hate mob at a female game journalist in TB's honor.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Just loving dig up his corpse and run him through a trial, find him guilty, and draw and quarter him.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
For anyone who isn't enjoying this conversation I suggest you watch Mike Jeavons some more. This week he's doing the military diet, which while probably not great for someone outside the military definitely seems like a step up from his Tesco diet week.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Just loving dig up his corpse and run him through a trial, find him guilty, and draw and quarter him.

Make a paper mache effigy and do this every year at Pax. At registration you should be required to throw a rock at it before entering. The wee children will ask why we do this arcane ritual and a wizened and most definitely revered elder Internet Personality will come forward and relate the tale of the demon.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Look I just want to desecrate his corpse and remind his bigoted wife that he is awful and will always be hated by discriminated folk is that so wrong to ask for

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If we're doing a cadaver synod, can I be antipope? Or does like Anita Sarkeesian have to be antipope?

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

<whispers in Daddy>
It's time for more Daddies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DzSRkV_lTw

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

business hammocks posted:

If we're doing a cadaver synod, can I be antipope? Or does like Anita Sarkeesian have to be antipope?

It must be her. Only she may complete the rites which shall permanently shut the curséd Gamer Gate.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

FoldableHuman posted:

<whispers in Daddy>
It's time for more Daddies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DzSRkV_lTw

This is some good content about father figures.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I read 'daddies' and assumed Natalie released her next video.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m so impressed by Maggie Mae Fish, how tightly written and cut all her stuff is and how she can move at big ideas from such a weird sideways angle and make it work so well, but what impressed me most is that her youtube comments are 100% chud-free even after hitting daddy Peterson and calling Burton trash.

Is there like a service you can hire to moderate your comments, or is she just watching her comment fields for a few days after publishing as part of making a good first impression?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

DoubleCakes posted:

I read 'daddies' and assumed Natalie released her next video.

She has one dropping tomorrow, I think. Shaun might have something coming soon too (or did one recently that I haven’t caught up to yet).

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm all for supporting former Cracked.com alum. Really wish the internet hadn't ruined the word "Daddy" for me though

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Is there like a service you can hire to moderate your comments

there will be when I start raising some captial

and some motivation

maybe tomorrow

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

OmanyteJackson posted:

I'm all for supporting former Cracked.com alum. Really wish the internet hadn't ruined the word "Daddy" for me though

For some reason I've started to mentally associate the word with spiders. I don't know why and I think I should be concerned.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I know that Michael Swaim has a channel called Small Beans where he's talked a lot about his time on Cracked and to other Cracked employees like Daniel O'Brien and Katy Stoll before the site started to flounder. There's also his newer skits and stuff.

Some of the stuff he talks about in the podcasts is very rough to listen to since there's a lot of talk about addiction and seeing your job evaporate before your eyes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nuebot posted:

For some reason I've started to mentally associate the word with spiders. I don't know why and I think I should be concerned.

Soon the internet will finish destroying your mind and you will know peace.

I keep thinking about my friend from college who teaches renaissance literature and how she told me the chuds have ruined any possibility of a productive classroom discussion of cuckoldry. They will pay for this one day.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

khwarezm posted:

I know that Michael Swaim has a channel called Small Beans where he's talked a lot about his time on Cracked and to other Cracked employees like Daniel O'Brien and Katy Stoll before the site started to flounder. There's also his newer skits and stuff.

Some of the stuff he talks about in the podcasts is very rough to listen to since there's a lot of talk about addiction and seeing your job evaporate before your eyes.

Small Beans is actually a fledgling network with podcasts from a lot of your cracked video faves. Maggie Mae Fish is supposed to start one there soon as well. They have a patreon and are saving up for cameras and a space to rent for doing regular videos again.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soon the internet will finish destroying your mind and you will know peace.

I keep thinking about my friend from college who teaches renaissance literature and how she told me the chuds have ruined any possibility of a productive classroom discussion of cuckoldry. They will pay for this one day.

What the hell is a positive discussion of cuckoldry?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

OmanyteJackson posted:

Like, as it appears as a concept in Shakespeare as relevant to anxiety about legitimacy of heirs and misogyny and soforth. She can’t even explain what it is any more.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

OmanyteJackson posted:

Discussions about Chaucer's or Shakespeare's work, I would imagine.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
My point stands: Twitter gulag all gamers.

Also nice to see people bring up Doug for no seeming reason other than "boo hiss Doug bad". Like, if he had put his foot in his mouth I'd get it, but oh no, he's on a convention badge! Why?

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

somekindofguy posted:

My point stands: Twitter gulag all gamers.

Also nice to see people bring up Doug for no seeming reason other than "boo hiss Doug bad". Like, if he had put his foot in his mouth I'd get it, but oh no, he's on a convention badge! Why?

Because he's an internet personality, people have opinions on his work(that it sucks) and they share those opinions on the internet personality discussion thread. Why do you care?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's weird to see all the weirdos come out in defense of the hate speech spewing internet man and the 'boycott Intel for promoting workplace diversity' lady.

https://twitter.com/pynkbites/status/999871773037420544

https://twitter.com/gennabain/status/555003984650711040

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead
It’s not that weird. Death has always had a way of absolving (white) people of all sin.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNrTM74pdTk

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

quote:

Did an interview with one of my favorite channels, Defunctland, and by "interview" I mean we talked about theme parks for over an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE7UyQceKVc

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

I’m so impressed by Maggie Mae Fish, how tightly written and cut all her stuff is and how she can move at big ideas from such a weird sideways angle and make it work so well, but what impressed me most is that her youtube comments are 100% chud-free even after hitting daddy Peterson and calling Burton trash.

Is there like a service you can hire to moderate your comments, or is she just watching her comment fields for a few days after publishing as part of making a good first impression?

I'm watching her castigate Tim Burton's Ed Wood movie right now and all I can think about is how it's one of Doug Walker's favorite movies of all time. :ironicat:

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's weird to see all the weirdos come out in defense of the hate speech spewing internet man and the 'boycott Intel for promoting workplace diversity' lady.

https://twitter.com/pynkbites/status/999871773037420544

https://twitter.com/gennabain/status/555003984650711040

So he told a non-pc joke once and he’s now guilty of “spewing hate speech”?

The amount of hate I’ve seen directed at him, especially since his death, is far in excess of what he deserved for his very, very minor role in gg. People are even calling him a leader of the group, which is laughable on multiple levels (as if a swarm of piranhas could even be said to have a leader). The guy made a few nasty comments once in a while including that oft-quoted tweet from years ago about cancer, so he was no saint, but he never advocated harassment. As those tweets by Laura Kate Dale showed, he was actually working to oppose online hate and undo whatever harm he may have caused.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Bakeneko posted:

So he told a non-pc joke once and he’s now guilty of “spewing hate speech”?

The amount of hate I’ve seen directed at him, especially since his death, is far in excess of what he deserved for his very, very minor role in gg. People are even calling him a leader of the group, which is laughable on multiple levels (as if a swarm of piranhas could even be said to have a leader). The guy made a few nasty comments once in a while including that oft-quoted tweet from years ago about cancer, so he was no saint, but he never advocated harassment. As those tweets by Laura Kate Dale showed, he was actually working to oppose online hate and undo whatever harm he may have caused.

lol what the gently caress is this revisionist whitewashing bullshit

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
totalbiscuit wasn't that bad, i mean all he did was act as an important person during the whole gg debacle, punch down on vulnerable groups, make excuses for what his fans and ggers did, contribute to the increasing partisan insanity that is internet discourse, embolden bigots, give a screen for GG to defend itself, wish cancer on people i mean appart from his entire legacy, he didn't do anything bad

he was an angel

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Some of you are so loving sociopathic it scares me.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

Hmm yes pointing out someones flaws = sociopathy

I look forward to being called a psycho when Sarkeesian passes away, after pointing out criticism of her

It's so messed up that some people can't even acknowledge that he hosed up with his support of gg and his subsequent actions and i don't even believe he was the worst, or among the worst but he had his part to play and to ignore it is literal whitewashing, poo poo man he was a flawed human being and apparently pointing that out is enough to merit people diagnosing you as a sociopath, same with acknowledging his actions and words had negative conequences and led to people and groups being hurt, intentionally or otherwise

like imagine if bob chipman died and people starting glossing over his support of eugenics, how insane would that be

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jul 13, 2018

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Kim Justice posted:

See, I would say the genuinely scary thing here is the open revisionist defense of a genuinely awful person, but then again that's kind of your thing, so whatever.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Sio posted:

See, I would say the genuinely scary thing here is the open revisionist defense of a genuinely awful person, but then again that's kind of your thing, so whatever.

"Genuinely awful person" lol ok.

It wasn't enough for him to die at 33 then that people can't leave not only his memory but his wife alone. gently caress off.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

It wasn't enough for him to die at 33 then that people can't leave not only his memory but his wife alone. gently caress off.

Death isn't a shield that stops or protects against all criticism, nor should it be, s.ame with his memory.

His wife and family should be left alone, but that's it.

edit:

Some genuine content, he's in the op but just want to recommend nightmare masterclass, has a good insight into his topics

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jul 13, 2018

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That Defunctland Podcast was great, I hope he does more episodes/seasons soon. :3:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I always imagined harrassing someone had to involve interacting with them in someway. Like, talking here and no one ever says any of this poo poo is... Way less damaging than say half the poo poo Davis Aurini says.

Anyway, does anyone have anything on nerds and how poorly they're taking the Thundercats and- far more vitriolic laden- Teen Titans Go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Kim Justice posted:

Another genuinely awful thing is the idea that dying and having a family are somehow exceptional circumstances which place a person's legacy beyond reproach.

God forbid anything in the world actually matter beyond Youtuber tribalism.