Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's weird to see all the weirdos come out in defense of the hate speech spewing internet man and the 'boycott Intel for promoting workplace diversity' lady.

https://twitter.com/pynkbites/status/999871773037420544

https://twitter.com/gennabain/status/555003984650711040

I am pretty sure the quote in question there was talking about something on tumblr, where people called themselves otherkin? People who identify as part dragon or whatever. I remember it being a big topic at the time, because someone pulled one of their comments off tumblr where they threatened someone for not using their pronouns.

Take that as you will, it was definitely not an attack on transgender people. It was an example of him using mobs to attack an entire group over what one crazy person said however. He had a reallyyyyyyyyy bad habit of that, a lot of popular youtubers do. It’s really, really dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Puppy Time posted:

I started following TSV after Reignbot covered it

I remembered her being mentioned in Nick's Daisy Brown video, so I went to give it a look at for a comparison and I sorta get why but I didn't really like that she just read out the tweets in chronological order and.... that's it, really (discounting the mini-Q&A afterwards). It's a good way to get people interested and caught up without skimming slower parts or needing to sit down afterwards to read it yourself, at least.

So, I watched a few more and I think they were way better than the TSV one in both the way the content is displayed and, like, actual analysis and thought.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Hbomberguy posted:

Whoever runs TB's account unfollowed it from me in late June and I think that's super weird. Like, uh, why

Oh hey you post here too? I like your videos.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Ash Crimson posted:

Death isn't a shield that stops or protects against all criticism, nor should it be, s.ame with his memory.

Criticism =/= "Hey I was just reminded that TotalBiscuit's dead and I had a good laugh about it" (actual tweet)

That's not criticism, that's being a sociopath. That may not be something said here, but it's not like we're far off and poo poo like this is all over Twitter from folks who, allegedly, are supposed to be the empathic ones.

And the justification for it is...what, exactly? Some loving joke tweet about identifying as a toaster? Apparently being a leader for a movement that he wanted nothing to do with a couple of months after he started? "Posting people's streams" (the only thing I can remember on this front was him posting a charity stream and attempting to support it and the people who were running it for whatever reason being like "REEEE SHUT IT DOWN")?

And hey, you've even got Aces Cure Planes justifying going at Genna because she was "against promoting workplace diversity"...or rather, she didn't agree with them getting consultation from Anita Sarkeesian. Which is, um, not the same thing.

There are obviously ways of criticising TotalBiscuit but most of the discourse around it is poisonous to a frankly shocking degree. Somewhere the dictum that "when people aim low, we should aim high" was lost completely.

And no, ways of criticising don't include "well people who called out other people's horrrible comments are actually worse, don't you know" or "Should Genna try to defend her late husband's legacy to those who'd dance on his grave?"

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

Criticism =/= "Hey I was just reminded that TotalBiscuit's dead and I had a good laugh about it" (actual tweet)

That's not criticism, that's being a sociopath. That may not be something said here, but it's not like we're far off and poo poo like this is all over Twitter from folks who, allegedly, are supposed to be the empathic ones.

And the justification for it is...what, exactly? Some loving joke tweet about identifying as a toaster? Apparently being a leader for a movement that he wanted nothing to do with a couple of months after he started? "Posting people's streams" (the only thing I can remember on this front was him posting a charity stream and attempting to support it and the people who were running it for whatever reason being like "REEEE SHUT IT DOWN")?

And hey, you've even got Aces Cure Planes justifying going at Genna because she was "against promoting workplace diversity"...or rather, she didn't agree with them getting consultation from Anita Sarkeesian. Which is, um, not the same thing.

There are obviously ways of criticising TotalBiscuit but most of the discourse around it is poisonous to a frankly shocking degree. Somewhere the dictum that "when people aim low, we should aim high" was lost completely.

And no, ways of criticising don't include "well people who called out other people's horrrible comments are actually worse, don't you know" or "Should Genna try to defend her late husband's legacy to those who'd dance on his grave?"

Did i do any of those things?

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Kim Justice posted:

Somewhere the dictum that "when people aim low, we should aim high" was lost completely.

You may want to refer to the history of the last few years for a quick primer on why people are increasingly disinclined to buy into this sort of self-defeating decorum nonsense.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kim Justice posted:

And the justification for it is...what, exactly? Some loving joke tweet about identifying as a toaster?

Ah yes ignoring that "LOL I IDENTIFY AS [OBJECT] THEN XD" was basically the go-to insult against transpeople and queers for a long ole time.

Kim Justice posted:

She was "against promoting workplace diversity"...or rather, she didn't agree with them getting consultation from Anita Sarkeesian. Which is, um, not the same thing.

Making a big show of "gently caress you company for getting this very entry-level feminist's consultation!" and knowing exactly who you're pandering to at the time by doing so ain't painting a great picture, gotta say.

Kim Justice posted:

There are obviously ways of criticizing TotalBiscuit but most of the discourse around it is poisonous to a frankly shocking degree. Somewhere the dictum that "when people aim low, we should aim high" was lost completely.

"When people aim low, we aim high" has done a great whopping zilch lately other than let more people get trampled, but what exactly is the accepted discourse if "They were an rear end in a top hat because they had a hand in massively signal boosting the movement that molded and spat out some of the most volatile bigots we're dealing with today" doesn't count.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jul 13, 2018

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Are you arguing against people in this thread, people on the internet, or people in your head at this point.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Half the people in the argument seem to be arguing with imaginary versions of other people and it's loving tiresome.
'I don't like rabbits'
'Oh you're saying rabbits are evil!'
'Don't call me a rabbit-hating bilgemonster!'

Like argue with what other people are actually saying, if you're going to argue. Christ.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TotalBiscuit posted:

This is a repost from my rant forum on my site and since I'm interested only in it being read, rather than advertising or shilling it out for hits, I'm going to just repost it here. Before I do let me give you a quick introduction.

I finally registered on the SA forums a week or so ago having been a loyal reader for a couple of years. I don't like the new design of the site, I want to kill it with fire, I liked my good-old Web1.0 scrolly site, give it back please.

I'm posting this here because you lot are smart, and as such, I have no issues with you telling me that you think I'm wrong with this pseudo-rant. This may also be preaching to the choir a bit and for that I sincerely apologize. I hope at least you get some enjoyment out of this. If you're one of those fellows who likes to Digg, the article also has a Digg page, do with it as you see fit - http://digg.com/general_sciences/At...you_intelligent

With that said and done, here goes.

"It's novello time, and it's about religion, so unless you're ready to deal with some views you may not agree with, switch off now. In the words of Illidan "You are not prepared".

Let's get this out here right now. I'm a 23 year old law graduate with an IQ of 155. My political beliefs are liberal and leftist, I listen to Metal and I enjoy violent movies, books and videogames, and I've been a Christian since birth. Baptised, confirmed of my own free will, son of a priest (who are pretty notorious for rebelling against their father's religious beliefs just for the sake of it). I'm part of the Anglican Church of England, which is pretty much the result of Henry the 8th getting pissed off with the catholics not allowing him to divorce his wife(s). We're the state religion of the UK, if you could even say the UK has one, we're pretty liberal about most things, women priests, gay priests, homosexuals in general, sex before marriage, contraception, we take the modern, reasonable way of looking at all of them. At the end of the day, the Bible taught us about forgiveness and being excellent to one another. It had a bit of a round-about way of doing it but what do you expect for a 2000 year old book written entirely by clerical males? It's gonna be a bit out of date, you've gotta read it in context.

I have no problems with anyone's beliefs. Be whatever you want, as long as you believe (or don't believe) for a good reason. But here's what I really don't like, trend-atheism/trend-theism (also referred to as e-atheism, since it seems to be most prevelant in the domain of anonymous blogspammers and Digg-users).

In my late teens, I spent a long time thinking. Yeah, just sitting around and thinking, thinking about faith. Thinking about what it is that I believe in. Rationalizing the various conflicts and contradictions that faith presents us with, looking at the viewpoints of other faiths, or those with no faith at all, taking into account the new things we discover every day and factoring in the influence of science. Some people would claim that, if I had indeed done that, I'd have come to the conclusion, as an intellectual, rational thinker, that God does not exist. They would of course, be wrong.

My beliefs center around several factors. Firstly, it is important for us as human-beings to realize our own limits, and the limits of our understanding. Centuries ago we believed the world was flat. "The Bible told us so!", would be the first cry. Wrong, it really didn't. In the Old Testament, Job 26:7 explains that the earth is suspended in space, the obvious comparison being with the spherical sun and moon. The Old Testament, you remember that one? The one with the fiery bushes, the pillar's of salt, the cool plagues and such? Even that managed to get it right. There's a few more references as well to the 'round' earth (and before you say anything, flat is not a shape, it could have been a flat octagon for all they knew) but I'm not going to go into that yet. We've had computers for less than a century, powered flight for just over a century and of course our amazing horseless carriages. Genetics, electricity, nuclear-bombs, toaster-strudel, the world is in the palm of our hands! And it didn't take us too long did it?

Reality-check, we're still primitives. In the great scheme of things this technology is a mere blip on the historical radar. We've got an awful long way to go before we're able to dissect and understand the mysteries of the universe. We haven't even put a man on Mars yet, let alone left our solar system to find out what exactly is out there. How can it be that we have suddenly, so recently, become so arrogant as to believe we know more than we really do? The Laws of Science are written by man, based on our understanding of how things work. They are theories that, while prove true today, may be debunked by another amazing discovery tomorrow. Which leads onto my next point.

Name this quote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Arthur C Clarke, physicist and author, smart fellow. It also hilights the point I'm making. Our understanding of the universe is peerless only amongst ourselves. We are not as smart as we think we are. Just as fire wowed the neanderthals, what would it take to wow us? What would make our jaws drop and our minds boggle? Well, any sufficiently advanced technology of course. And what is technology after-all? Man-made machines. The concept of technology is a human concept, a concept that may, in other parts of the universe, not even exist, replaced by something even more advanced than that, so advanced that we cannot comprehend it. Not surprising really as we mammals only use 10% of our brains.

So where am I going with this? Simple really, take yourself off of your high-horse, you, and the human race, is not as smart as it thinks it is. Now, open your mind a little, and let's explore some possibilities.

The definition of a God. Let us turn to the good book.

Wikipedia.

"God most commonly refers to the deity worshipped by followers of monotheistic and monolatrist religions, whom they believe to be the creator and ruler of the universe. Theologians have ascribed a variety of attributes to the various conceptions of God. The most common among these include omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence, perfect goodness, divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence. God has also been conceived as being incorporeal, a personal being, the source of all moral obligation, and the "greatest conceivable existent"

Hmm, a tall order one might think. Could such a being exist? Some argue that logically, he could not, however, there is very little logic in denying the possibility that a being or beings of such power and advancement exist that they could indeed, be considered 'God' within our definition. That's not to say that God is a small green alien with a flying saucer and a phaser though that would give some of the overzealous fundamentalists something to sweat over, much to our amusement. But what is this God? A creator? Sure, we create. We create technology, we're getting to the stage of being able to create life in one form or another, using the basic building blocks of nature. Could it not be surmised therefore that it is entirely within the realms of possibility that someone or something created those building blocks? Like a programmer creates a new program, someone must have also created the coding language in which he created it. We scramble for answers. We come up with theories. Some believe in the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. Some believe a man in the sky created it everything in 6 days and then mooched around on the 7th. Which is valid?

Neither, and both. They attempt to apply meaning to something where meaning may, or may not exist. Creationism and the Big Bang are in that sense, as bad as each other. They are both merely attempts for us to explain the unexplainable. The Big Bang contradicts our laws of physics (something most catalyse an explosion, therefore something must have been there in the first place, where did that come from, at which point your brain melts). The Creation Story contradicts our laws of physics (Same reasons, who created God after all?). Everything we've so far managed to come up with, from the sublime to the ridiculous, the complex to the simplistic, it's an exercise in desperate straw-clutching. At the end of the day, we don't know jack.

And that's ok. Someone once said that the journey matters more than the destination, it's not the winning, it's the taking part, at least ya tried sport. These explanations of where it all comes from, be they ancient or modern all boil down to the same need. To know. Who'd have thunk it, we've got brains for a reason, and they rather like being used. Those neurons like to be fired, the little grey matter likes a little exercise every once in a while. Just as the Creation Story was a way to explain an unexplainable concept, so is the Big Bang theory. If one were to compare the human mind to a computer, try feeding the Big Bang theory to the medieval man, and it's like trying to shove Bioshock into a Commodore Vic20. Good luck. And what will our children's children's children's grandchildren's children think of our Big Bang theory? My money's on exactly the same thing.

So what am I trying to tell you, stop asking questions, stop looking for answers and just believe whatever the hell suits ya? Absolutely not. Believe whatever suits you, but question it, never stop thinking, never stop asking or learning. In this day and age it seems people are way too willing to believe, or not believe. Belief, or non-belief should be a life-long arduous process and it should end involuntarily, when you fall over dead. Someone (there's a lot of talkative someone's aren't there?) once said 'Never stop believing', I say, "Never stop asking yourself what you believe, and why".

It's time to criticize, so let me load port and starboard cannon and fire a volley at both atheists and theists alike. Believing, or not believing, does not make you intelligent. Smart people do not come to a conclusion on the basis of insubstantial evidence. Smart people do not mindlessly attack other people's beliefs just because they don't conform to their own. Smart people do not assume that their own rigid, poorly formed definitions of logic and faith, reason and belief are mutually exclusive and that if one exists, the other cannot. Smart people think outside the box, not pick fights with those poor souls trapped in it.

What makes you intelligent, is knowing why you believe what you believe. Knowing that you are but one mind, and knowing that at any time you could be proven wrong, only for that person to be proven wrong ad infinitum as we as a race advance.

I suppose you're waiting for my personal beliefs, waiting for this to be some kind of sermon, preaching why my God is better than your God, or non-God. You'll be waiting a long time, because it's not coming. My personal beliefs are just that, personal, they're mine, they belong to me. You cannot take them away from me, only I can. What I can give you though, are my opinions.

Right now shots are being fired. They're not physical shots, they're bullets and shells of ignorance and bigottry. And it's no one-sided battle let me tell you that much. Factionalized camps everywhere you can imagine. Atheists, Theists, Satanists, Christians, Republicans, Democrats, Capitalists, Communists, every group you can imagine, all shouting 'Your God/Non-God sucks, mine is better!'. These days, the internet's become their battleground. So much for sharing knowledge, we're sharing ignorance.

The bigottry and the condemnation has to stop. The sad thing is, I'm having to condemn the condemners. Isn't it lowsy how you generally have to be a hypocrite in order to make a point these days? Food for thought. We can look at the extremes and see the simplistic, secular vs sacred, trend-atheists vs fundamentalist evangelical christians, the most common stereotypes. But in reality, it's so much more complicated than that. It's this stereotyping and narrow-minded attitude that prevents us as a race from achieving the greatness we can. I could make as many decrees as I wanted till I was blue in the face, and I'm going to just to let off a little steam mind you,

"Trend-atheist Digg users, shove your agendas where the sun don't shine, refusing the possibility of a supreme-being does not make you a genius or a radical thinker, it makes you a bloody sheep hiding behind a cloak of anonymity"

"Evangelical Fundamentalist morons, get your overly simplistic, judgmental, dogmatic Crayola God out of my face, you have about as much understanding of the universe as a wet lettuce. That does not make you holy, pure, or guaranteed a private booth at the big game in the sky, it makes you a bloody sheep hiding behind a cloak of propaganda that you only believe because you're told to"

Wow, that feels good, I can understand why you internet-bound condemners like it so much. Gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling doesn't it? What, I'm not allowed to indulge in such a guilty pleasure every once in a while? Play fair Wink

Where's my conclusion? Hell if I know. Did you have the mistaken impression this was some carefully constructed plea for tolerance? Absolutely not, it's an angry slap in the face to my peers. Wake the hell up and use your brain, because my God/Non-god/Explosion/Man-in-the-sky/Vic20 gave you it for a reason.

TB.

rip you wll be miss :(

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol Muh IQ

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm gonna repost this because there's been a bunch of words and it was low on the last page anyway.

RareAcumen posted:

I always imagined harrassing someone had to involve interacting with them in someway. Like, talking here and no one ever says any of this poo poo is... Way less damaging than say half the poo poo Davis Aurini says.

Anyway, does anyone have anything on nerds and how poorly they're taking the Thundercats and- far more vitriolic laden- Teen Titans Go?

Hbomberguy briefly made mention of fans of Sherlock when he went in on how much of a mess the show was but does anyone know any videos about how wildly agitated are about TTGo?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Only thing I can think of is watching any given MrEnder video and counting down until he inevitably brings TTG up.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

HopperUK posted:

Half the people in the argument seem to be arguing with imaginary versions of other people and it's loving tiresome.
'I don't like rabbits'
'Oh you're saying rabbits are evil!'
'Don't call me a rabbit-hating bilgemonster!'

Like argue with what other people are actually saying, if you're going to argue. Christ.

Welcome to political discourse.

Everyone's so keyed up because of terrible people that an opinion that vaguely resembles the bad guys becomes the enemy at our gates. Kind of like that image of a shell-shocked soldier freaking out over the cap of an enemy uniform.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

Only thing I can think of is watching any given MrEnder video and counting down until he inevitably brings TTG up.

Does he still talk like he is clenching his teeth? Also, despite talking into a mic being his main source of income, still doesn't know breath control and puffs his P's?

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The fact that people are unironically defending/attacking the legacy of a youtuber is loving insane. The guy who go mad about FOV sliders and fake gamer girls is definitely the hill that we must die on.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

All of my enemies are the same. Every individual is responsible for the actions of all of them. And if they claim to not know what I'm talking about when I challenge them on it, that's crazy - of course they know what they did, they're my enemies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
TB was buried in a coffin full of piss, as per his last request, please respect his legacy of 'angrily wonder why every game doesn't have six different fov silders' and 'told someone getting death threats 'well...you're still alive, sooooo'' before dying of blood shits he didn't think was worth bringing up to the doctor for years'.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
I’d call it a storm in a tea cup but that would be like admitting I’m a complete normo. I am scared to death of losing my e-cred.

Anyways here have some content

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wSFXYKl_rf0&t

Everyone’s favorite subject: two middle aged white dudes talking about a movie from the 80s.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dean of Swing posted:

I’d call it a storm in a tea cup but that would be like admitting I’m a complete normo. I am scared to death of losing my
[quote="Dean of Swing" post="486075950"]
I’d call it a storm in a tea cup but that would be like admitting I’m a complete normo. I am scared to death of losing my e-cred.

Anyways here have some content

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wSFXYKl_rf0&t

Everyone’s favorite subject: two middle aged white dudes talking about a movie from the 80s.

The most shocking element of this video is that the rlm boys own a copy of the extremely rare and out of print Martin blu ray. How I wish I could watch it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

business hammocks posted:

The most shocking element of this video is that the rlm boys own a copy of the extremely rare and out of print Martin blu ray. How I wish I could watch it.

You mean this Martin?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
TB was an rear end in a top hat off and on and had an embarrassingly large ego and it got inflated into him being Lord General of GG somehow by far more toxic and mentally ill Twitter people and apparently some people here

Makes u think

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The "I'm missing Martin" tale is legitimately one of the things I hold on to to recall in times of trouble

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

VanSandman posted:

Oh hey you post here too? I like your videos.

He's always been posting here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukd5y2z-ORA

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Sio posted:

You may want to refer to the history of the last few years for a quick primer on why people are increasingly disinclined to buy into this sort of self-defeating decorum nonsense.

Throwing aside Decorum makes sense in the political arena where things actually matter, not so much when you're talking about a minor Internet celebrity who literally called himself 'The Cynical Brit' and spent most of the time complaining about 30FPS. It just makes it look like meaningless internet drama is too important in your life!

Basically:

Fabricated posted:

TB was an rear end in a top hat off and on and had an embarrassingly large ego and it got inflated into him being Lord General of GG somehow by far more toxic and mentally ill Twitter people and apparently some people here

Makes u think

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Im gonna scream about how bad a video game is in TBs honor

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Extremely online mentally ill Twitter person: i called this guy with hundreds of thousands of followers a piece of poo poo and he responded and now people are also responding to it - this is violence and he is now internet Himmler

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

khwarezm posted:

Throwing aside Decorum makes sense in the political arena where things actually matter

What do you think the Internet is?

Like what century are you from that you’ve missed the obvious intersection between Online and what happens in the real world? Politics isn’t an isolated arena set apart from the rest of society, and the concept of a truly apolitical anything in this age is an obvious lie meant to insulate people from responsibility for their actions.

Sio fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 13, 2018

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Extremely online mentally ill Twitter person: i called this guy with hundreds of thousands of followers a piece of poo poo and he responded and now people are also responding to it - this is violence and he is now internet Himmler

The weakest take

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Fabricated posted:

Thank you for illustrating the responsibilities people with large followings have regarding their activity online and how directing any negativity towards a person will likely result in them receiving an unending stream of vitriol from randos on the internet.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TheMaestroso posted:

Thank you for illustrating the responsibilities people with large followings have regarding their activity online and how directing any negativity towards a person will likely result in them receiving an unending stream of vitriol from randos on the internet.
The thing is that there's literally nobody that doesn't do that including the mentioned mentally ill Twitter people

Conclusion: burn Twitter

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Extremely mentally ill female human: I am going to get into video game development and/or video games in general
White guy who screams about things on the internet: *cracks knuckles and starts typing*

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

did totalbiscuit die a second time or something why are we back to this

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Augus posted:

We're exorcising his ghost

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Augus posted:

An article happened and people have Strong Feelings.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Sio posted:

What do you think the Internet is?
A place where 99% of all content ever is complaining about Videogames or Anime and where any discussion has never ever contributed to the overall worth or knowledge of a single person. Look at the level of discourse on Twitter or the Smartest Place on the Internet here that is SomethingAwful and see how pointless it actually is to pretend like we're having a meaningful exchange of ideas, the lack of a filter combined with anonymity deadens the level of discourse and basically means that people are arguing for the sake of arguing rather than because anybody is really getting anything out of it. I know I am.

Which leads into the TB discussion since it goes around in circles and, again, won't actually do anything. None of this actually matters in the grand scheme of things, especially today, he's literally dead and will probably drop out of the wider cultural mindset soon enough, not even the people he picked fights with like Sarkeesian have shown any interest in him now. You can pretend like you're fighting the good fight holding deceased angry pcgaming man accountable for his vague role in a movement that 99% of the planet never heard of or you can turn off the computer and get on with your life.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Pictured: khwarezm

https://twitter.com/tylerthecreator/status/285670822264307712

Seriously though what level of broken do you have to be to think that 'nah the internet doesn't affect anything and people being abused by mobs of angry white gamermen should just turn the screen off'. Especially in the wake of, like, Parkland.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
This but unironically.

quote:

Seriously though what level of broken do you have to be to think that 'nah the internet doesn't affect anything and people being abused by mobs of angry white gamermen should just turn the screen off'. Especially in the wake of, like, Parkland.

Far be it from me to say, but Parkland is a teensy bit different from anything Totalbiscuit ever did!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Parkland is totally worth referencing in this conversation about a man who spent most of his days talking about fps and fov sliders.

loving HELL. Christ, you're the worst