Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
The size of that screenshot on my computer was huge, it felt like the author was standing inches away from me talking far too loudly. Very authentic!

I'm glad that in the comments everyone else is dunking funking on him.

Edit: yikes, uh, just grabbed something so I'm not wasting this nice new page (bolding mine)

quote:

D is a pretty simple guy, he has an (exorbitantly rich, daddy’s money) wife who is an extraordinarily kind woman, despite her ‘birthright.’ This will be important later. One day, D tries to pass some basic legislature that will piss off the restaurant lobbyists a little bit, but in the end benefit the safety and health of the entire state. One lobbyist in particular takes great issue with this. He seems to take this poo poo personally. Any speaking event or public appearance D makes, this guy is there, heckling and booing. One day, D tries to talk calmly to the guy one on one to see what his problem is, and the guy just loses it. He insults D’s father in law, wife, young kids, and basically anyone he’s ever known. D takes a minute to process the guy’s rant and shakes his head, patting the guy on the shoulder and walking off. Here’s where the revenge comes in. Almost as soon as he’s back in his office, D starts writing the most bullshit, hilarious legislature to gently caress with the restaurant lobby. Stuff like ‘all ingredients in a menu item must be displayed on the menu in double spaced, 12 point font’ or ‘no more than 10 designated parking spaces per restaurant.’ This sets the lobby off, and they have to work their asses off to keep this stuff out of Congress. Eventually, another lobbyist asks D why he hates their lobby so much. D calmly replies ‘I don’t hate your lobby, I hate (rear end in a top hat’s name).’ Needless to say, his entire lobby turns against him, fires him, and he can never be a lobbyist again.

Thank god for those hard-working lobbyists and their desire for adequate parking!

uvar has a new favorite as of 07:51 on Jul 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Ok someone please explain to me what a Pop is, that whole thing was an imbroglio of inside jokes no one outside his particular HT would understand and also HT sucks. I cringe when I see a person ostensibly in his or her 20s wearing a, "I used to be schizophrenic but we're okay now" shirt or some such

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

life is killing me posted:

Ok someone please explain to me what a Pop is, that whole thing was an imbroglio of inside jokes no one outside his particular HT would understand and also HT sucks. I cringe when I see a person ostensibly in his or her 20s wearing a, "I used to be schizophrenic but we're okay now" shirt or some such

Funko Pops. Those little plastic figures that cost about $10each that are in almost every store?

Basically the new beanie babies

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Len posted:

Funko Pops. Those little plastic figures that cost about $10each that are in almost every store?

Funko Pops are horrid and any time I'm at a convention there's sure to be several booths selling rare Pops for $100-$500. There are few of them I'd even take for free; they're so ugly.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Elysiume posted:

Funko Pops are horrid and any time I'm at a convention there's sure to be several booths selling rare Pops for $100-$500. There are few of them I'd even take for free; they're so ugly.

For some reason some have value. A guy I know sold three and got the $500 he needed to fix his central air. I have a few because hey they're $10 but Jesus the people who collect them have brain worms.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Funko Pops: For when you want all of your favourite characters to look as homogenized and mass produced as possible.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Someone please post the husband wife contract about the husband buying funko pops and how often/how much he could spend

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

oldpainless posted:

Someone please post the husband wife contract about the husband buying funko pops and how often/how much he could spend

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Len posted:

Oh okay well

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Seems like a healthy marriage.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

LOL at a contractual "budget" containing exceptions for unlimited spending throughout the year.

Somebody get this woman an SA account, we've found Blue Story II

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Comptroll The Forums posted:

LOL at a contractual "budget" containing exceptions for unlimited spending throughout the year.

Somebody get this woman an SA account, we've found Blue Story II

This...this isn't Blue Story?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Blue Story would never get her husband to actually read and sign a budget, that would make him too uncomfortable.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

The husband actually wrote that for himself to adhere to. If you search his name you can find that he became a famous Popper (guessing this is what they call themselves) for a period after it went viral.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

you can "only" spend 1440 dollars on funko pops EXCEPT for all these weeks when you can spend unlimited dollars on funko pops. Thats a good contract

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

It's as if this was written by a mother for a teenager to help him or her budget, pretty sad it was written for a grown man (even one who wrote it himself) who can't help but buy toys meant for children.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

life is killing me posted:

It's as if this was written by a mother for a teenager to help him or her budget, pretty sad it was written for a grown man (even one who wrote it himself) who can't help but buy toys meant for children.

I think funco pops are less "toys meant for children" and more "collectibles for people with bad taste".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

I think funco pops are less "toys meant for children" and more "collectibles for people with bad taste".

I don't know why people fall for that stuff. Anything mass-produced like those and marketed as "collectible" will never be valuable. The only collectible stuff in the past that still holds value is either something that isn't durable or had incredibly limited production, neither of which applies to those things. They probably do what disney pins do and artificially limit production on some of them but you'll probably spend a lot more acquiring those than you'll ever get back in the future.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't know why people fall for that stuff. Anything mass-produced like those and marketed as "collectible" will never be valuable. The only collectible stuff in the past that still holds value is either something that isn't durable or had incredibly limited production, neither of which applies to those things. They probably do what disney pins do and artificially limit production on some of them but you'll probably spend a lot more acquiring those than you'll ever get back in the future.

My favorite part of this re: the "funky little funko" guy is that his capstone story is about acquiring a figure of a character from Star Wars (you know, the most ubiquitously merchandised property in the history of pop culture) "exclusive" to a huge national chain store. How rare and special!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mark Hamill has already conquered the Star Wars collectible niche.

He has warehouses containing one of literally every Star Wars toy, because he put that in his contract

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Tunicate posted:

He has warehouses containing one of literally every Star Wars toy, because he put that in his contract

Did he also put the storage fees in his contract because if not he's losing out on that deal.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Tunicate posted:

That's a smart dude right there. Does that go all the way back? He was only 24 when filming began and that's one hell of a move on a contract.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

uvar posted:

The size of that screenshot on my computer was huge, it felt like the author was standing inches away from me talking far too loudly. Very authentic!

I'm glad that in the comments everyone else is dunking funking on him.

Edit: yikes, uh, just grabbed something so I'm not wasting this nice new page (bolding mine)

Thank god for those hard-working lobbyists and their desire for adequate parking!

Ok so what exactly is this? For some reason I took it as an MRA allegory...but I don't really know why.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Ok so what exactly is this? For some reason I took it as an MRA allegory...but I don't really know why.

It's a poorly written account of how a lobbyist pissed off a legislator enough that the legislator started loving with all of that industry's lobbyists until they blackballed the original lobbyist.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

I don't think the majority of people collecting then are in the speculator market, if you make something people can keep score with, then you'll get people obsessed with winning it. For collectables, this is catching 'em all or completing certain sets. Basically they're the same type of people who play old arcade games until the software crashes to get the highest possible score or breed poisonously hot peppers to win the Scoville Unit Wars.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Just something from one of the numerous revenge story subreddits that wasn't thousands of words long.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

That's a smart dude right there. Does that go all the way back? He was only 24 when filming began and that's one hell of a move on a contract.

He read the script, saw there were robots and laser swords and poo poo, and figured that there'd be a few good toys in it.

Didn't expect there to be a million different thing made, or that the early stuff would be worth tons of money

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The only collectible stuff in the past that still holds value is either something that isn't durable or had incredibly limited production, neither of which applies to those things.

Or stuff that was considered invaluable enough that even if it was ubiquitous, people mostly threw them away at some point so now it's rare.

e: Although when a Funko collector dies his ugly dolls will all get thrown away so maybe I'm wrong about this :thunk:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

When a funk collector dies they ascend to funko heaven which is regular person hell so everyone wins

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Zelder posted:

When a funk collector dies they ascend to funko heaven which is regular person hell so everyone wins

72 unopened funkos

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Comptroll The Forums posted:

72 other Funko Pop collectors

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

You can just say 72 virgins you know.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Biplane posted:

You can just say 72 virgins you know.

:thejoke:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
72 hey what now?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Haifisch has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Jul 16, 2018

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Target won't sell M-rated games to 4 year olds

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

halo 4 cane out like 5 years ago on the 360 lmao at a story carrying it when there’s copies of Bayonetta to sell

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What is going on in that gas one? I don't get what they're trying to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

ilmucche posted:

What is going on in that gas one? I don't get what they're trying to say

I followed it up until the second paragraph. I guess the joke is that gas sounds like rear end? But even if you replace all the gases for asses it still doesn't make a coherent joke so :shrug: