Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Saint Freak posted:

I'm sorry but Asuka must die so Becky can live.

Asuka will die, be reincarnated as a ruthless heel, and then kill Becky for the title. That's the ideal scenario right now. Assuming Ronda is champion heading into Survivor Series this year, I doubt they'll want to do face champion vs face champion. Like the issue I have with this entire thing is that Asuka has yet to win a main roster title. Same goes for Shinsuke, but that's likely going to change at Extreme Rules or Summerslam.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Asuka having a 2 1/2 year streak and then losing at WM was kind of like the Patriots having a perfect season and then losing the Super Bowl.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That Carmella's reign wasn't anything but a belt pillow reign between Charlotte and Auska is insane and yet the most WWE thing ever

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

also lmao at any rube who thought or still thinks auska losing at mania was a good idea on any level

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Longer feuds are great if they don't constantly forget that the money is in the chase. A long build where a face is constantly losing to the cheating heel leading up to a big PPV where there's a definitive blowoff where the heel gets what they deserve and the face finally wins the title and celebrates is the hardest poo poo to gently caress up in wrestling but they lost that plot a long time ago and parity booking destroys and chance at a real build. Instead of the classic story that easily always works we get two dudes kicking each other in the nuts for months of non finishes and no real end. Feuds just kinda peter out and stop randomly.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a reminder about this Carmella reign: They had to bring back James Ellsworth to salvage her reign (and act like her lackey/manager). And even he's starting to get muted reactions at best. Meanwhile they refuse to give Asuka a manager or anything.

It's amazing how goddamn petty Vince is towards NXT talent in general it seems. Someone floated the theory that Vince intentionally ruins the vast majority of NXT callups because they weren't created by him. And the sad thing is, I can completely believe it. Pretty sure within a few months of Alister Black being called up, he'll be a part of whatever faction Bray Wyatt is with, or the third member of the Bludgeon Brothers.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Longer feuds are great if they don't constantly forget that the money is in the chase. A long build where a face is constantly losing to the cheating heel leading up to a big PPV where there's a definitive blowoff where the heel gets what they deserve and the face finally wins the title and celebrates is the hardest poo poo to gently caress up in wrestling but they lost that plot a long time ago and parity booking destroys and chance at a real build. Instead of the classic story that easily always works we get two dudes kicking each other in the nuts for months of non finishes and no real end. Feuds just kinda peter out and stop randomly.

If Asuka loses on Sunday and doesn't get another match at Summerslam (which she wins), she's toast as a babyface. The chase SHOULD end on Sunday with Asuka winning. But odds are that Carmella will retain, and then go on to face Becky and/or Charlotte at Summerslam.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 13, 2018

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Vince hates the Japanese? What? Nah, I mean... Surely... Not?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I don't wanna brag, but once upon a time, back when it was announced Asuka was moving up to Raw or Smackdown, I left a sensible comment on a Reddit post where I used past experiences and history to show that Asuka on the main roster would become just another female.

I was downvoted into oblivion.

Well who's wrong now, redditors? :smug:

EDIT: Yes I am well aware this makes me a sad person but I was recovering from alcoholism and I have very few joys.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

If Asuka loses on Sunday and doesn't get another match at Summerslam (which she wins), she's toast as a babyface. The chase SHOULD end on Sunday with Asuka winning. But odds are that Carmella will retain, and then go on to face Becky and/or Charlotte at Summerslam.

Yeah, there's never any blowoff or ending it just kinda stops and they move them on to someone else

It's bizarre but they have even less reason to care about actually being entertaining now than ever before

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
:siren: Welcome to the Resistance, Some WWE Officials :siren:

https://twitter.com/WWEonPopCulture/status/1017776443361767428

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah, there's never any blowoff or ending it just kinda stops and they move them on to someone else

It's bizarre but they have even less reason to care about actually being entertaining now than ever before

And it's likely going to bite them in the rear end when they move to FOX. Their ratings have been on a downward spiral for awhile now. If they keep pulling in these kinds of ratings or whatever when Smackdown moves to FOX, then Smackdown will either be relegated to FS1, or outright cancelled, which would be a MASSIVE embarrassment for WWE.

I really hope Triple H gets his way of being able to take talent back to NXT. Send Asuka back there, let her have great matches with people again, etc. Same goes for Finn, Shinsuke, etc.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 13, 2018

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
bow wow

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Today is the anniversary of the first night of Mae Young Classic taping.

The CWC began airing on WWE Network on this day two years ago.

Also, the three year anniversary of Becky, Charlotte and Sasha's main roster call-up.

Yet WWE TV this week and Extreme Rules suck.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

I doubt this is true until Meltzer or Johnson can confirm.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

And it's likely going to bite them in the rear end

I think we're the fools for thinking this might ever happen

They're loving up monumentally on every front from lovely booking to lovely talent decisions to lovely production habits and everything else yet the company is worth more now than ever - this poo poo will never stop even as viewers dwindle slowly because they never get any indication that they are wrong nor will they ever admit it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rovert posted:

Also, the three year anniversary of Becky, Charlotte and Sasha's main roster call-up.

Sounds like Becky ruined everything.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

rovert posted:

Yeah, I'm skipping Extreme Rules. I might just cancel my sub and re-sub just in time for SummerSlam

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fart blood posted:

I doubt this is true until Meltzer or Johnson can confirm.

also its not like it matters because none of those people are vince

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I think we're the fools for thinking this might ever happen

They're loving up monumentally on every front from lovely booking to lovely talent decisions to lovely production habits and everything else yet the company is worth more now than ever - this poo poo will never stop even as viewers dwindle slowly because they never get any indication that they are wrong nor will they ever admit it

I think the FOX thing will matter, because they've shown they have a tendency to cancel programs that perform even slightly under their expectation levels. And considering how much they are paying for Smackdown, it's a pretty safe bet they have high expectations for it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

I think the FOX thing will matter, because they've shown they have a tendency to cancel programs that perform even slightly under their expectation levels. And considering how much they are paying for Smackdown, it's a pretty safe bet they have high expectations for it.

You're not wrong but I feel like with such a huge (and long) contract they're less likely to cancel bad live sports style programming right away than they are something actually good like Brooklyn Nine Nine

I'm happy it got resurrected but gently caress Fox for cancelling that show

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

WWE is going to be making literally a billion dollars a year and goons will still be insisting that WWE is doing everything wrong.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That's the exact discussing we're having, agreed

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I'm happy it got resurrected but gently caress Fox for cancelling that show
Even worse is that it essentially got replaced by the resurrection of Tim Allen's lovely CHUD sitcom

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

rare Magic card l00k posted:

WWE is going to be making literally a billion dollars a year and goons will still be insisting that WWE is doing everything wrong.

Vince is just somehow a complete idiot savant when it comes to wrestling. He stinks at every other business venture, but when it comes to wrestling he just knows how to make money on it.

Bear in mind though that there's no way Fox doesn't have a back-out clause of some sort in the contract if the show underperforms. But we won't know until that time comes, if at all.

Remember: we hate WWE booking and yet we still watch every week, so....we're not helping.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

Sorry dude but you're delusional. Fox isn't clueless, they've pored over ratings trends harder than any of us. It's a live sports show on Friday night. It's going to do fine by Fox standards.

WWE is doing a ton wrong, the part that's delusional is anyone thinking they'll pay for it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

fatherofmustard posted:

Asuka having a 2 1/2 year streak and then losing at WM was kind of like the Patriots having a perfect season and then losing the Super Bowl.

Yeah, but there the bad guys lost.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/1017767099043893249

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Asuka's handling on the main roster is why I'm praying that Triple H fights tooth and nail to keep Kairi and Io down in NXT for as long as possible, because Vince will absolutely ruin them on the main roster.

I have no earthly idea how Kairi's gimmick is going to translate well to the main roster. See also: Breeze, Tyler; Vaudevillians, The

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The theory that Vince intentionally ruins the NXT stars doesn't really make sense because Vince intentionally ruins everyone in WWE. If you're over in WWE it is in spite of the booking. The most over dude is Seth and that's almost all on his workrate

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I hope Roman and Bobby close the show so that everyone in attendance can go home a bit early and get a good night's sleep before Monday :)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

I'm with you John Cone.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I literally almost told my dad to invest in WWE before it exploded but figured he'd just eyeroll at me because he thinks wrestling is dumb. Sorry Dad.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

It's crazy to me that we live an era where matches for title shots main event shows while the actual WWE Championship gets stuck in the middle of the show.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

D.N. Nation posted:

I have no earthly idea how Kairi's gimmick is going to translate well to the main roster. See also: Breeze, Tyler; Vaudevillians, The

Kairi might be able to coast by on her looks alone. Dunno quite yet. I know she dyed her hair blonde for awhile, and it was pretty well received (although she didn't like it apparently).

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

Kairi might be able to coast by on her looks alone. Dunno quite yet. I know she dyed her hair blonde for awhile, and it was pretty well received (although she didn't like it apparently).

It won't matter because all women on the main roster have hair extensions anyway.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The rule has been the worse you are on NXT the more you will be pushed in the main roster, so you should all be talking about Vanessa Borne

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of NXT and stuff:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1017805153049743361 (Io Shirai, Jinny, Nicole Matthews, Kacy Catanzaro)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

It's amazing how goddamn petty Vince is towards NXT talent in general it seems. Someone floated the theory that Vince intentionally ruins the vast majority of NXT callups because they weren't created by him. And the sad thing is, I can completely believe it.

I don't know how you can have that mindset from a statistical mindset. Like... take the men's Raw roster. You have 40 people there. If "NXT Talent" is considered anybody that got popular through Post-WWE Network NXT (Bo Dallas and onward), literally half the roster is "NXT Talent". If you expand that to people that went through NXT in any form (including Shield), that's puts it at 31/9 ratio, and then all it leaves is a bunch of jobbers, Brock, Ziggler, Hardy, and Lashley.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k

SamuraiFoochs posted:

WWE is doing a ton wrong, the part that's delusional is anyone thinking they'll pay for it.

:agreed:

I'll keep my fantasy scenarios to fantasy booking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gumball Gumption posted:

The theory that Vince intentionally ruins the NXT stars doesn't really make sense because Vince intentionally ruins everyone in WWE. If you're over in WWE it is in spite of the booking. The most over dude is Seth and that's almost all on his workrate
The other side of this coin is that Roman is in a higher position than Rollins is and isn't over. Position on card only boils down to whether or not management likes you or not. Considering how ECW talent was treated I wouldn't be surprised if NXT is the exact same since most of the same people are still there and to blame.

• Locked thread