Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

im too lazy to make funny screencaps rihght now cuz its 4am but i finish GGO and i liked it a lot
im glad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i have made a thread for Grand Blue https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863166

if they don't gently caress it up this series will be really really good

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Im very excite for Grand Blue and I appreciate the fact that they had a "Thats a mirror"/"Turn on your monitor" type joke in the comic

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Im very excite for Grand Blue and I appreciate the fact that they had a "Thats a mirror"/"Turn on your monitor" type joke in the comic

this? or was it a different one that i missed

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea, that one

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

where the red fern gropes posted:

this? or was it a different one that i missed

lol at this

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

One of my "Favorite" Grand Blue moments was when the translation group dropped it and when the next group started it up this was on one of the first couple of pages

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I thought Harukana Receive's second episode was a pretty nice step up after the first was a little shaky. Thought today's match was much better put-together than last week's, and the character dynamics are starting to groove a little too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Meme Emulator posted:

One of my "Favorite" Grand Blue moments was when the translation group dropped it and when the next group started it up this was on one of the first couple of pages

Nakama

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
i dont know if high score girl is good because i'm too close to the subject matter but i know that i liked it

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Chio-chan made it in episode 2, turned a throw-away into a must-watch.

Harukana Receive ep 2, good balance between the actual sport and its methods vs everything else. Not drowning in drawn out drama turned to 11 but instead handling it fine, I've become a believer.

Akkun to Kanojo, after 15 episodes I decided it was time to watch it. It's all heartful nibble-sized episodes of a goofy coupling. Cute poo poo.

Demon lord loner isekai with slaves ep2, it's absolutely saved by him being a shy insecure nerd RPer and no Marty Stu. Definitely had the fanservice boosted for the anime adaptation though.

Nice season.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

Demon lord loner isekai with slaves ep2, it's absolutely saved by him being a shy insecure nerd RPer and no Marty Stu. Definitely had the fanservice boosted for the anime adaptation though.

Nice season.

Yeah, I've enjoyed the manga for this one since it's managed not to be too skeevy because the MC is useless around girls/crowds but I'm still being really cautious with the anime since they've turned the fanservice up a few notches (mostly just stretching out those scenes uncomfortably too much). I'm hoping the MC's penchant for loudly proclaiming himself a demon lord and getting himself and those around him in trouble will continue to pay off well though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
counterpoint: dog it's slavery fetishism. what are you even doing?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Hes afraid of cooties so hes one of the good slavemasters.

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013

Reiche posted:

Yeah, I've enjoyed the manga for this one since it's managed not to be too skeevy because the MC is useless around girls/crowds but I'm still being really cautious with the anime since they've turned the fanservice up a few notches (mostly just stretching out those scenes uncomfortably too much). I'm hoping the MC's penchant for loudly proclaiming himself a demon lord and getting himself and those around him in trouble will continue to pay off well though.

quote:

And then, he extended his hand between both her legs.
So as to not turn his eyes towards there as much as possible, or rather, so as to immediately tell if Rem was in pain, he looked at her face.
Groping about, he searched for the entrance to her innermost area.
*Piku* Rem’s eyelashes quivered.
「Hann!?」
「O, oi?」
「I’m……I’m alright……You just touched, a place that is a bit, sensitive……Please continue, without minding me. If it seems unreasonable, I’ll be sure to say so after all.」
「Is that so.」
Before, Rem said that she was fourteen years old.
──Is this alright?

quote:

Before, Rem said that she was fourteen years old.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
:yikes:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
drew scanlon blink at this thread rn

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Took the words out of my mouth

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hugtto precure is a really good anime

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i tried watching one episode of hugtto and it just made me feel incredibly old

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Huge toad precure

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i tried watching one episode of hugtto and it just made me feel incredibly old

the first three episodes aren't great

the beginning of episode 4 is like. visibly the exact moment the staff got kinda tired and bored with what the producer wanted and he was too much of a wimp to stop them from taking it somewhere totally different

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
does the presence of a stray magic baby ever get less weird?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i skipped straight to the ep with the robot girl and the funny girl hanging out and making GBS threads on the funny girl's brother and it was good but there was a ton about it that I know would put me off when watching multiple eps.

also the babies make my skin crawl

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

it becomes less of a central all-encompassing focus. like it's still a thing, but there's much heavier emphasis on people dealing with personal trauma and emotional weakness and hugtan more just kind of grows on her own in the background during all of it

basically anything that might've bugged you in the first few episodes gets pushed more to the side in favor of focusing around people's personal emotional arcs and it's good

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 13, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hugtan is great and anyone that hates her is not cool

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hugtan is mostly great for the scenes of a hamster trying to be a dad

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Don't hamsters eat their young?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

Don't hamsters eat their young?

Nobody ever said he was good at it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

Huge toad precure
Your zingers are getting pretty bland, Ol' Chum.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Hugtto took a while to find itself but episode RECENT made me cheer because I'm one of the dozen people destined to like Max Heart :v:

Back Street girls was within two seconds out-animated by Grand Blue which quickly became my show of the season. The faces are better than I expected, needs someone counting butts, phenomenal adaptation. My hype did not cross me. The OP is great, the ED is even greater.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think every other show ever made can say that since Back Street Girls is literally a motion comic with lip flaps. There wasn't a single cut of actual animation in the entire first episode.

I was wondering why Chio 1 disappointed and 2 reminded me it was because by far the best part of the series is her dynamic with Manana. If you didn't think 1 was particularly funny you might want to give it a second chance.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 14, 2018

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

I think every other show ever made can say that since Back Street Girls is literally a motion comic with lip flaps. There wasn't a single cut of actual animation in the entire first episode.

What about Clutch Cargo? Did it lose to Clutch Cargo?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

What about Clutch Cargo? Did it lose to Clutch Cargo?

That's a motion comic with flapping lips.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I watched a pile of AoT S2 today and now I want it to hurry up and be season 3. Any reason it's been delayed a few weeks?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Sindai posted:

I was wondering why Chio 1 disappointed and 2 reminded me it was because by far the best part of the series is her dynamic with Manana. If you didn't think 1 was particularly funny you might want to give it a second chance.

I was really hard on episode 1, but half of my criticism was probably due to overly high expectations. Since everyone seemed to have good things to say about episode 2, I gave it another chance and sure enough it was pretty good! The pacing was a lot better, and Manana is great. If this quality keeps up then I'll keep watching.

I still don't agree with Chio's VA casting though. Like the VA (Naomi Oozora, who voiced Satania in Gabriel Dropout) is doing an excellent job, it's just not at all a voice I would have imagined Chio to have in my head. Far too cutesy for a hardened slayer of foreigners.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the writers and animators of the show, hugtto precure, asked themselves this, and then the producer nervously tugged his collar, and then they staged a workers revolt to turn the show into being about two shitpost idiots playing guitar and having amazing comedic timing while they aggressively mock anyone who enforces strict gender roles, and also a real life baby does the next episode previews via babbling

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Is the story of the hugto mutiny documented anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The staff really didn't mutiny but the producer by all reports is pretty hands of/weak minded which is why Zako and Jun have gotten away with a lot. It's also why Kira Kira broke a lot of rules too.

The first few episodes probably went exactly as the staff wanted cause there are seeds for plot points the current episodes are dealing with.

• Locked thread