Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Okay today is time for THRILLING CHASE SEQUENCES and ACTION SET PIECES let's GO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

The whole escape in a nutshell, I guess.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Vincent is such a troll to Leo and I love it. "There are probably bears in these waters", indeed. :allears:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Camel Pimp posted:

i love vidfeo games and this amazing fan art

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Panzer Skank posted:

Okay today is time for THRILLING CHASE SEQUENCES and ACTION SET PIECES let's GO!

You use the word "plan" in the video description, but I'm not sure that word has applied to anything that's happened in this videogame.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Camel Pimp posted:

This is very good and I love it, thank u!!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

You should have got Dan in to be a ringer on those ukelele/piano bits, I'm sure he would have had some insight.

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

Panzer Skank posted:

This is very good and I love it, thank u!!

This is how I feel about this entire LP by the way.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Hello new episode! Today we get to spend some quality time with Leo's family and see what a truly Huge rear end in a top hat his son has become.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

FINALLY PIZZA!!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I'm pretty sure the baseball game is scoring you based upon your longest hit (probably in feet), and it scores when the ball touches down or something, so that's why it looked like you were getting points for missing.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
That son is amazing. At first, when he went out a window and crawled through a fence, I thought "like father like son" in an escapee sense. Then he pulled up the fuckin' ladder and I lost it.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

He's not a huge rear end in a top hat, he's exactly this tall.

I can't figure out if Linda (Leo's wife?) is learning about REAL motorcycle engines or getting in super early on the microcomputer craze.

Sair
May 11, 2007

I'm glad the thread title was workshopped while you were actually playing the game.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
The other day I had to use the phrase "extra sheets" in my daily life, and accidentally said "aextrah sheeetch". It didn't even register until a few seconds later.

This LP has done terrible things to me but it's been worth it to watch these two friends (???) run down the world's dumbest plan.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

lmfao i didn't get this at first but skipping around the episode i totally forgot i was hiding in the bushes during their touching moment

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Kaubocks' half-court brick was the best part of this episode.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

How many times can the level designers allow us to interact with portopotties? You won't believe the answer! Click here to find out!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I would believe almost anything about this game, at this point. This loving game.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/zbf7UI9.mp4

Same, same.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Only this game can have a part where you torture a man and it's hilarious and not stomach-turning.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Woah woah no, no, not the dick!
Ah, hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot!
Oh, please! Please, my dick!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Kaubocks posted:

Woah woah no, no, not the dick!
Ah, hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot!
Oh, please! Please, my dick!

Honestly as dumb as this game seems it does look like its a legit fun thing to burn an afternoon with. There's not enough good co-op games nowadays.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 10, 2018

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Garrand posted:

Honestly as dumb as this game seems it does look like its a legit fun thing to burn an afternoon with. There's not enough good co-op games nowadays.

let it be clear that my love for this game is completely unironic and it is the second best game i played that came out in 2018

P.S. the first best is bloodstained curse of the moon

P.P.S. i've only played three games that came out this year

P.P.P.s. the third game is dragon ball fighter z

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I hope this is stolen giving you inspiration for NoGoblin Game 3. Get some sort of peripheral that you can strap to a pet collar or something and have them just randomly show up in the split screen somewhere.

Cassie would be perfect for testing I'm sure and wouldn't show this to be a dumpster fire of an idea, no sir.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Camel Pimp posted:

Only this game can have a part where you torture a man and it's hilarious and not stomach-turning.

GTA V had a kind of interesting one. Though that might have been because it was completely unnecessary and leaning so much into the shock value of it, that I found myself chuckling.
But that was probably unintentional.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Not shown: Leo realising that he left his gun behind and sheepishly going back to get it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I can't wait to see these idiots bumble their way through a heist.

That chase was actually legit kind of exciting, too.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Night10194 posted:

I can't wait to see these idiots bumble their way through a heist.

That chase was actually legit kind of exciting, too.

They somehow managed to make it work with 2 characters getting turns at it. That was honestly pretty neat.

(Also I really like how the camera zooms out and messes with it's focus whenever Leo's fear of heights kicks in. )

https://i.imgur.com/eJ1hFE4.mp4

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

Not shown: Leo realising that he left his gun behind and sheepishly going back to get it.

lmfao

SubNat posted:

They somehow managed to make it work with 2 characters getting turns at it. That was honestly pretty neat.

(Also I really like how the camera zooms out and messes with it's focus whenever Leo's fear of heights kicks in. )

https://i.imgur.com/eJ1hFE4.mp4

woah! that's neat! this is really hard to notice when you're playing the game because you're so focused on only your half of the screen

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Kaubocks finally has his drat dream come true. He's tired of having to take turns with Leo's gun. Why does Leo get his own gun anyway? Vinny is old enough! It's not fair!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Crucial question: Did you switch seats after pizza?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

Crucial question: Did you switch seats after pizza?

hell no we didn't because we're dumb as gently caress

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I love that everyone in this game is extremely stupid. Just an endless, fumbling comedy of errors and extra sheets and missing wrenches and bad choices.

This is totally unironic, the game is so much better for every single character being an idiot.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

For as relentlessly stupid as this game is, there's so many moments of genuine craft. It's weird.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think another part of it is the characters are dumb as hell, but they feel kind of plausibly dumb? They're a petty criminal and a banker in over his head, not like, super mastermind crime-dads. So they bumble and keep doing dumb poo poo.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I liked the way that blocked door worked out for that guy.
I assume he's programmed to succeed whenever you are up at the vent. But at some point he'd grab that axe and would actually get through the door that way.

But the way it played out here is that he tried to push or kick the door a few times, shot it a bunch. Then he grabbed the axe, but decided to try a regular push one last time first. Incidentally it worked that time. The axe transformed into his regular gun during that. I love that Kaubocks lauded the game for it's excellent timing with regards to that.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 13, 2018

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I did like the assassin just strutting down the hallway like the loving t1000, apparently not at all worried about the inevitably arriving police since he was just firing wildly in a public area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thorf
Jun 26, 2013
What happens if the players don't agree on which approach to take? Do Leo and Vinny argue?

• Locked thread