Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

triplexpac posted:

This is weird, I’m now getting nostalgic for old Wrestlehut posts

Free Market Gravy and the Midcarder that Wouldn't Amount to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Bostic has followed and unfollowed me about three times in an attempt to get me to follow him and I'm just a random nobody. Why is he so obsessed with this poo poo?

Me too! I think I complained about a match his wife was in once because she's decided her gimmick is twerking and she's very terrible at it, I can't think of any other reason I'd be noticeable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dylan Bostic is a fuckin weirdo but that rap video he has is strangely mesmerizing.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

bro you should see what happens when a zelda game doesn't get 10/10

Or what happens when one gets beat for greatest game of all time by Undertale in an online poll that isn’t in any way official

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

FF7 forever and always

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

oldpainless posted:

FF7 forever and always

I too love lego men ice skating on pre-rendered backgrounds while they spout incomprehensible dialogue.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Defiance Industries posted:

I too love lego men ice skating on pre-rendered backgrounds while they spout incomprehensible dialogue.

This take are bad.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
(In regards to the main roster loving up NXT callups)

:thunk:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

triplexpac posted:

I should have known that comic fans would be as annoying as wrestling fans

Click on the CD thread, and check out the Comic Book Movie and the Justice League threads

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

(In regards to the main roster loving up NXT callups)

:thunk:

Can't wait for Almas to have always been bad despite being awesome in NXT, CMLL and NJPW.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

all of these things are unironically good and cool tho

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Agreed completely sincerely

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

oldpainless posted:

FF7 forever and always

Agreed Furious 7 is the best one

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i blocked bostic a long time ago because i did not know who he was

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I turn off RTs for most wrestlers and that cuts down on the amount of trash they pump out. Bostic's silent after that.

I respect the hustle, but drat that dude kicks out a lot of noise.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i blocked bostic a long time ago because i did not know who he was

Same. His "hustle" was more obnoxious than other people somehow.

EDIT: It didn't put my own message in at first

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
While looking up ecw barely legal 97 reviews I found this amazing time capsule of how everyone that wasn’t Meltzer wrote about wrestling on the internet in the early 2000s

http://insidepulse.com/2002/03/05/46872/

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Oh my god, Ken Anderson. I’ll always laugh when I think of Scotsman’s feud with him and Jay Bower.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Before I clicked that I thought "Look at this scrub let me find some awful Scott Keith review with the Hot Pokers Up The rear end Rating System" but what you found is worse.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TL posted:

Oh my god, Ken Anderson. I’ll always laugh when I think of Scotsman’s feud with him and Jay Bower.

Did you post on the Oratory or Rajah by chance?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Aesop Poprock posted:

Did you post on the Oratory or Rajah by chance?

No, I used to read them regularly but never posted there.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I still check mr Tito’s phat daily column

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TL posted:

No, I used to read them regularly but never posted there.

Ah ok, just wondering since I posted on the Oratory a lot and met a lot of people there to go to shows with. Not Jay in particular but I knew him

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oldpainless posted:

I still check mr Tito’s phat daily column

But what of Sushi-X?

(How many people online have had that name? It seems like a lot.)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

But what of Sushi-X?

(How many people online have had that name? It seems like a lot.)

I vaguely remember that name from when I was constantly refreshing rajah.com

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wasn’t Sushi-X a writer for EGM? Or was there another Sushi-X?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TL posted:

Wasn’t Sushi-X a writer for EGM? Or was there another Sushi-X?

Like I said, there was a bunch of 'em.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I was reading through 99-00 observers and it was surreal to get to the coverage of The Rock going off on Sickboy (the Xwrestling site runner, not the wrestler) on the Opie and Anthony show for some awful racist stuff posted on the Xwrestling forum. Had blocked that out of my head entirely.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

There might be some former XWrestling writers lurking this very website!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I could've sworn Rajah shut down like 10 years ago but it's still going :stare:

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
What happened to Chris Hyette? He and Mr Tito were my two go to reading for IWC back in 2000 or so.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nystral posted:

What happened to Chris Hyette? He and Mr Tito were my two go to reading for IWC back in 2000 or so.

If what he was up to last time I heard about him is any indication, he's probably doing time for stalking. He made online friends with an acquaintance of mine from the Delphi forums (which is where I first started posting about wrestling), and when she rejected his attempts to make things romantic he started harassing both her and an online friend of hers who he thought was the one she'd ended up with (he wasn't, and she ended up marrying the guy she was with). I remember her saying she had to threaten legal action to get him to gently caress off.

edit: apparently that sort of behaviour kept going https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1grriv/chris_hyatte/

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 17, 2018

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Nystral posted:

https://twitter.com/HyatteLives

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Benne posted:

I could've sworn Rajah shut down like 10 years ago but it's still going :stare:

holy poo poo lol this used to be the place I went to lmao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I was a child of culture and prestige. I only posted on the gamefaqs Pro Wrestling Boards when I wanted to share my sizzling, almost certainly incorrect takes about 2004 wrestling.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AkumaHokoru posted:

holy poo poo lol this used to be the place I went to lmao

Let’s not forget Wrestleview!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I was a child of culture and prestige. I only posted on the gamefaqs Pro Wrestling Boards when I wanted to share my sizzling, almost certainly incorrect takes about 2004 wrestling.

I was on the Gamespot Wrestling Forums back in the day.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lords of Pain represent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i miss egm because it was probably the only US gaming magazine to feature a game on its cover and then in the review section straight up tell you it loving sucks and not to buy it. also the copyright section on the end of each magazine would have dan hsu's insane ramblings snuck in there.