Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I buy cd's to rip mp3's so if I move from one music service to another I have my music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I use a 100 dollar bill held taught to act as the speaker for old records, then broadcast those over shortwave, then record the broadcast from 1000 miles away and output it on an oscilloscope, which I record a video of, then watch that video in VR with no audio.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I have never listened to music and never will

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Spotify doesn’t even have the Singles soundtrack. :corsair:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Slimy Hog posted:

Look at this guy with his super obscure music taste. Or maybe Spotify is lovely, either way let's make fun of forums user Jerry Cotton to make ourselves feel better.

I don't have obscure taste I'm just Finnish.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't have obscure taste I'm just Finnish.

Yo, Jerry, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you Finnish, but Beyoncé had one of the best albums of all time.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yo, Jerry, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you Finnish, but Beyoncé had one of the best albums of all time.

A co-worker once told me he wouldn't have sex with Beyonce Knowles if they paid him because she was black and I was like "wow I knew racists are dumb as poo poo but this is like insanely stupid and also why the gently caress would you bring that up on a regular coffee break where everyone else is discussing football" but my boss sacked him as soon as he could so that was good.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Jerry Cotton posted:

A co-worker once told me he wouldn't have sex with Beyonce Knowles if they paid him because she was black and I was like "wow I knew racists are dumb as poo poo but this is like insanely stupid and also why the gently caress would you bring that up on a regular coffee break where everyone else is discussing football" but my boss sacked him as soon as he could so that was good.

Is being paid to have sex with gorgeous black women a thing? and if so, where do I apply?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spog posted:

Is being paid to have sex with gorgeous women a thing? and if so, where do I apply?

As if I would tell you if I knew.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Just because someone is rich and famous does not mean they're attractive.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I may apply for a Finnish work visa if they need more people to come over and sleep with their rich and famous black women.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

LifeSunDeath posted:

Brother if you think that’s bad let me get in that outfit you ain’t seen nothin yet.

Also put me down for Beyoncé is attractive.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

LifeSunDeath posted:

:goonsay:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

LifeSunDeath posted:

You know what a much better rule of thumb is? A single picture doesn't define a person's appearance you dumb gently caress

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just because someone is rich and famous does not mean they're attractive

Jerry Cotton posted:

A co-worker once told me he wouldn't have sex with Beyonce Knowles if they paid him because she was black

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Coredump posted:

Brother if you think that’s bad let me get in that outfit you ain’t seen nothin yet.

Also put me down for Beyoncé is attractive.

Hey, whatever you're into. Just not for me, I understand why Jay Z cheats.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

You know what a much better rule of thumb is? A single picture doesn't define a person's appearance you dumb gently caress

HAH!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Post your pic Life

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I bought this CD.

colas has a new favorite as of 20:19 on Jul 12, 2018

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

colas posted:

I bought this CD.

I've never really understood the love for Daniel Johnston.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Slimy Hog posted:

I completely understand why he wouldn't appeal to most people.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I don't know who that is. Because I'm not Finnish.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

And these dynaco a25 speakers:

Those look like A-10s, not A-25s.

Still good speakers, just worth somewhat less.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Slimy Hog posted:

I really like about 25% of his songs and straight up dislike the rest

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

TheMadMilkman posted:

Those look like A-10s, not A-25s.

Still good speakers, just worth somewhat less.

I thought they might be when I got them home, but the cabs measure 20" high, and the woofer is 10" which tells me from this chart that they're 25s. Maybe for later models they moved the tweeter? They're definitely not the right sized cabs for A-10s. They're smaller than my Large Advents, but much bigger than most "bookshelf" speakers.

ninja edit: image didn't load the first time

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I thought they might be when I got them home, but the cabs measure 20" high, and the woofer is 10" which tells me from this chart that they're 25s. Maybe for later models they moved the tweeter? They're definitely not the right sized cabs for A-10s. They're smaller than my Large Advents, but much bigger than most "bookshelf" speakers.

What's with the A-50 in the back, that design is so unusual.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh actually, they might be A35s! The chart says the grills aren't removable for the A25s, and these have grill clips in the front. I'll have to measure when I get home.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Oh actually, they might be A35s! The chart says the grills aren't removable for the A25s, and these have grill clips in the front. I'll have to measure when I get home.

Googling a bit indicates that they may be A-25XLs. Apparently they moved the tweeter to the middle on some runs of them.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

TheMadMilkman posted:

Googling a bit indicates that they may be A-25XLs. Apparently they moved the tweeter to the middle on some runs of them.

Yep, that's the one! Thanks for figuring it out.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

returned a couple things from the last orders, got some more.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

LifeSunDeath posted:

I use a 100 dollar bill held taught to act as the speaker for old records, then broadcast those over shortwave, then record the broadcast from 1000 miles away and output it on an oscilloscope, which I record a video of, then watch that video in VR with no audio.

I just keep a live orchestra in the backseat of my car.

Meanwhile, content: recent shopping:

Vintage 1970s Snoopy earrings! (I still have some that I got when I was a single-digit Boodlets back in the day)

New (to me) shoes for conferences and otherwise scaring people when I wear power clothes!

Secondhand silk Versace silk skirt with this mad smiling alligator/crocodiles print!

Silver peacock earrings!

New blank journal books picked up at the Kirksall Abbey House Museum!

1930s silk/chiffon butterfly capelet made in Paris!

Yay!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought some blackout curtains for the first time. My office faces west and basically becomes an over after 11am.

Hoooooly poo poo what a difference. I acyually could put on a hoodie and not die.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I bought some blackout curtains for the first time. My office faces west and basically becomes an over after 11am.

Hoooooly poo poo what a difference. I acyually could put on a hoodie and not die.

Blackout curtains in the bedroom are the ultimate power move, especially when you live in Phoenix.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I think moving out of Arizona would be the ultimate power move if you live in Phoenix

E. You ever hear the phrase, "beautiful place to visit, but I wouldn't want to love there"?

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Jul 13, 2018

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’ve lived in 5 states and visited 47 and Arizona is my favorite :colbert:

It’s just so drat pretty.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
It's so god drat hot here. Please send help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Real talk- how do people live in places that hit over 140 degrees(f)? Is it that noticable between 98 (what my car reads in FL after sitting in the July sun all day) and 140? 140 is like, hey why does anyone, how can anyone, even live here?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rolo posted:

I’ve lived in 5 states and visited 47 and Arizona is my favorite :colbert:

It’s just so drat pretty.

No one is going to argue that. The American southwest is an incredible sight.

But living jn Phoenix, where the sun has decided to focus all of its rage?
Screw that. King of The Hill was right. It is a testament to man's hubris.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I live in New Orleans where it frequently gets in the hundred and teens (F) with the heat index in the summer. Being outside is loving unbearable most of the time thanks to the humidity. You just drip with sweat the moment you get outside. And our summer lasts from like May to September, sometimes even earlier/later.

I don't even want to imagine living in places that get even hotter :negative:

Rageaholic has a new favorite as of 00:51 on Jul 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Blackout curtains in the bedroom are the ultimate power move, especially when you live in Phoenix.

They're a must here in Colorado too, keeps it much cooler inside, reduces cooling cost drastically.