Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bhlmMFZBVs

Joe Bob Briggs is back! A 24 hour stream of movies picked by him. According to his Twitter, the first movie is on the free Shudder stream, after that it's behind the paywall, which is like 4 bucks. The video has more details. Per Shudder's Twitter it starts July 13th at 9PM EST.

I'm so loving stoked for this. I preemptively give it 4 stars, check it out.

edit: If you want to chat with other goons for some reason during the stream, here's the Goon horror discord: https://discord.gg/xAkThzd

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Jose Oquendo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bhlmMFZBVs

Joe Bob Briggs is back! A 24 hour stream of movies picked by him. According to his Twitter, the first movie is on the free Shudder stream, after that it's behind the paywall, which is like 4 bucks. The video has more details. I couldn't find an exact start time, but I'm sure we'll find out soon.

I'm so loving stoked for this. I preemptively give it 4 stars, check it out.

Hells yes.

Bring on the chainsaw-fu.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Man, I used to watch him on MonsterVision back in the day. It’s how I discovered how great Return of the Living Dead is

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

This loving rules.

Now bring back USA's Up! All Night.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Oh hell yeah.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Per Shudder's Twitter: It starts July 13th at 9pm EST.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Super excited for this

You should put a link for the discord as a lot us are gonna watch it

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Super excited for this

You should put a link for the discord as a lot us are gonna watch it

What Discord

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

What Discord

The horror thread discord

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Hollismason posted:

The horror thread discord

Post the link and I'll add it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://discord.gg/xAkThzd

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

this link doesnt work for me, surely it cant be because you're a petty little poo poo who banned me the minute you saw my name

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 26, 2018

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I really hope he doesn't stay too on topic and goes on random rants about Texas and the correct way to display silent films. Also hoping they use an outdoor set. There was something about being up at 1 AM and just watching that guy sitting out in the middle of nowhere and hearing crickets that really enhanced watching horror movies.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Cinemassacre interviews Joe Bob Briggs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlL7dgvXK0g

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I've never done a live stream of anything from Shudder. Does anyone know if I can get it to work if I've got Shudder through Amazon?

edit: gently caress I guess you can't access it if I have it though AmazonPrime. That sucks.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 30, 2018

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

I've never done a live stream of anything from Shudder. Does anyone know if I can get it to work if I've got Shudder through Amazon?

edit: gently caress I guess you can't access it if I have it though AmazonPrime. That sucks.

You could sign up for the free week with a different email and payment method.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

Uh holla at me in discord I'll explain how I set up xsplit to stream my desktop it's pretty easy

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Just a few more days.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

My internet crapped out so I am only gonna get to see Saturday for just a little bit

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

Just a few more days.

What is VRV?

My friend invited me to watch this with him but he said he did it through Google? Is that the same as signing up directly to Shudder?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Okay good, they're apparently going to re-show it if you miss the marathon. I imagine they'll probably cut it up and make it a "series" where you can watch the individual movies with Joe Bob's segments.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

do i have to have a shudder subscription to watch it

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ramadu posted:

do i have to have a shudder subscription to watch it

Look at my last post.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
Not available in Canada (or anywhere else outside the US). :canada:

I'll just have to watch Shivers on repeat all night instead.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Just marathon some Friday the 13th and Sleepaway Camp movies, and The Burning and any other midsummer and/or summer camp horror movie you'd care to. I mean it's Friday the 13th in July, grill you up some burgers and hot dogs, slather the mustard on with a butcher knife and serve them up on Jason plates while you watch some summer camp slashers.

It's what I'd do if I had the time and money (and friends).

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

King Vidiot posted:

Just marathon some Friday the 13th and Sleepaway Camp movies, and The Burning and any other midsummer and/or summer camp horror movie you'd care to. I mean it's Friday the 13th in July, grill you up some burgers and hot dogs, slather the mustard on with a butcher knife and serve them up on Jason plates while you watch some summer camp slashers.

It's what I'd do if I had the time and money (and friends).

I'm actually hosting a STALKER viewing party on Saturday. The kitchen will be known as "the zone" that night.

Anyway, fingers crossed that at least part of this stream becomes available for regular viewing on Shudder later on.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sponges posted:

What is VRV?

My friend invited me to watch this with him but he said he did it through Google? Is that the same as signing up directly to Shudder?

VRV is a service that bundles together Crunchyroll, Funimation, MUBI, Shudder, and a bunch of "nerd" channels that started on Youtube and went paywalled, for like $10 a month.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Are the host segments just between movies or do we get commercial breaks?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Are the host segments just between movies or do we get commercial breaks?

I believe Joe Bob said on Twitter that there's no commercial breaks. Makes sense since Shudder does not have ads.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Bummer. I mean, I get it. But I'd rather have more Briggs than less, especially if it's a movie I'm not super into.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Bummer. I mean, I get it. But I'd rather have more Briggs than less, especially if it's a movie I'm not super into.

There's host segments for sure. There's just literally no ad breaks. I misunderstood your question. I'm sorry.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh awesome, I was worried it was just in between movies. 82 minutes between segments seems like too long with this sort of a thing.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh wow, the stream is so hosed.

Has anyone had luck tuning in?

e: truly scary.

Violator
May 15, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Oh wow, the stream is so hosed.

Has anyone had luck tuning in?

e: truly scary.

LOL, I came to check and see if the stream crashed. I need my JBB!!!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Yeah, it is not working for me either.

EDIT: According to their twitter, they're working on it.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Same here. Not very inspiring for a potential customer.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Their whole site is broken for me right now, so I guess they got way more people than they were expecting.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Goddammit.

pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011

Almost Blue posted:

Their whole site is broken for me right now, so I guess they got way more people than they were expecting.

I want to believe this but its probably just incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Nah, its definitely a traffic issue. This is very big for Shudder. Twitter's going nuts too.

Human Tornada posted:

Same here. Not very inspiring for a potential customer.

I mean, they probably just got about 10x the traffic that they've ever had. Can't really blame them.

At least it bodes well for this not being a one-off thing! Guess JBB isn't going to retire after all :v:

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 14, 2018