Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Sure I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

feedmyleg posted:

Nah, its definitely a traffic issue. This is very big for Shudder.
I mean, they probably just got about 10x the traffic that they've ever had. Can't really blame them.
At least it bodes well for this not being a one-off thing! Guess JBB isn't going to retire after all :v:
I didn't know what shudder was a couple of weeks ago, but I love JBB so I started looking into it because of him. This special is absolutely turning me into a subscriber of the service.
The stream issues are worrying though.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!
Their Shudder TV feature has always been wonky for me. The titles almost never match what's actually streaming. Shoulda seen this coming.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
The site looks like it's stabilizing and it seems they're not streaming.

It looks like we're not missing content.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I hope they just start over at like 9:30 because I'd love to see it from the start and not 30 minutes in progress.

I also wish it was live and not previously taped so JBB could riff on the issues during the breaks.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm not so sure. According to Twitter the stream is working for a select few folks.

https://twitter.com/shudder/status/1017939199851364357

Violator
May 15, 2003

Just went live for me!

Edit: In progress during Tourist Trap or whatever it's called

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It logged me out and I can't log back in :(

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Can they just turn off the little flickering effect for their letters on their site? That'll clear up bandwith right?

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
I still can't even get the home page to work yet.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

feedmyleg posted:

I mean, they probably just got about 10x the traffic that they've ever had. Can't really blame them.

Sure I can. They should be able to handle 20 times the traffic they usually get. Like, this is 2018, exponentional market growth is a thing, server overloads are a documented phenomenon. The only reason to not be prepared for something like this is if they cheaped out and didn't get enough servers.

feedmyleg posted:

I'm not so sure. According to Twitter the stream is working for a select few folks.

https://twitter.com/shudder/status/1017939199851364357

Whoever's running this thing needs to shut the gently caress up with the user engagement and be professional.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
I've been hyping myself up for this all day. Now I'm just watching the hosts segments from the Friday the 13th marathon on MonsterVision. A decent alternative.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I've been hyping myself up for this all day. Now I'm just watching the hosts segments from the Friday the 13th marathon on MonsterVision. A decent alternative.

Hell, link?

Violator
May 15, 2003

I imagine this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoRUymBAlfk

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

What the guy above me posted.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
https://youtu.be/25iKIaPXcpY

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Thanks all. (Still can't get the main Shudder page to load.)

Violator
May 15, 2003

I lucked out and my AppleTV stream has been working. Two JBB segments so far so it seems like they’re coming every 15 or 20 minutes. Obviously he preps ahead of time and has people helping, but I had forgotten just how informative he is and how good his delivery is. I could definitely go for him hosting a movie or two every Friday night.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
According to someone on Twitter their customer service told him they were planning on restarting the stream once the servers are back up. Looks like the first film is Tourist Trap according to a screenshot I saw.

I'm just watching clip compilations of other horror hosts. I actually have some old Monstervision episodes on VHS taped off of TV. I should just pop one of those in and pretend.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 14, 2018

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Well I'm watching something else someone post here when it restarts for everyone.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The official stream is still down but here's a Twitch stream that's working right now: https://www.twitch.tv/oggthardin

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Thanks for that link. Joe Bob hasn't missed a beat.

edit: It's dead jim.

Violator
May 15, 2003

drat, when tourist trap ended the feed crapped out and now I can’t connect. I think Sleepaway Camp is next based on his hints?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Man Shudder, gently caress you for sending out tweets about the movie that people can't see and including an image that spoils the ending of Sleepaway Camp for the people who can see the stream.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

Thanks for that link. Joe Bob hasn't missed a beat.

edit: It's dead jim.

If you have low standards: https://www.twitch.tv/cthlhu

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I have no standards!

edit: Curling Iron Fu got a legit spit take from me.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 14, 2018

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Shudder announced it's rerunning the marathon next week.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Feel bad for all of the folks who took off work, or got a party together, or made a big spread, etc and to have it crap out. Yeah Joe Bob’s just a TV personality, but for a particular horror fan this is a big deal. I’m glad to see so many people turned out for it but it’s going to be pretty sour for most people.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Hey folks check your stream. Mine finally loaded.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

Jose Oquendo posted:

Hey folks check your stream. Mine finally loaded.
Mine just loaded as well.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
The laughtrack on the Joe Bob segments is dire because it's so obviously stock sound, unlike the original run where it was just random crew members laughing off-mic.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/shudder/status/1017978572051550209

Violator
May 15, 2003

Almost Blue posted:

The laughtrack on the Joe Bob segments is dire because it's so obviously stock sound, unlike the original run where it was just random crew members laughing off-mic.

You sure? I wasn’t paying close attention but it sounded like a couple of dudes standing just off camera.

pizza combos
Feb 23, 2011
You can't go home again. Went over like a fart in church.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Violator posted:

You sure? I wasn’t paying close attention but it sounded like a couple of dudes standing just off camera.

I thought so too.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Which Shudder stream is it supposed to be on? Shudder premium? I'm on the Xbox one app

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

pizza combos posted:

You can't go home again. Went over like a fart in church.

I don’t know. I think the host segments are fine. He’s funny, does good interviews. You can hear the age in his voice but that’s about it.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

Violator posted:

The more it's happened it makes me think some of it's real and some of it's sweetened. It sometimes fades-in/fades-out really unnaturally & the people laughing is mixed in stereo, but everything else is mono. It might just be weirdly mixed though.

e: the worst of it was near the beginning of the Sleepaway Camp one, before the movie started

Almost Blue fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jul 14, 2018

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Mine still doesn't work, but what's even the point four hours later. Catching the re-run is ok, I guess, but it's just not the same as a live broadcast.

Violator posted:

Feel bad for all of the folks who took off work, or got a party together, or made a big spread, etc and to have it crap out. Yeah Joe Bob’s just a TV personality, but for a particular horror fan this is a big deal. I’m glad to see so many people turned out for it but it’s going to be pretty sour for most people.

Seriously. In the grand scheme of things this isn't a big deal, but I was just going to be drinking beer by myself and feel really bad for people who planned their whole weekend around this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Almost Blue posted:

The more it's happened it makes me think some of it's real and some of it's sweetened. It sometimes fades-in/fades-out really unnaturally & the people laughing is mixed in stereo, but everything else is mono. It might just be weirdly mixed though.

Agreed on all this.