Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

G1 CLIMAX FINALS
August 12th at 2:00 EDT/7:00 BST
Nippon Budokan

GBH and Michael Elgin vs. Yuji Nagata, Shota Umino, and Ayato Yoshida
Toa Henare vs. Bad Luck Fale
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka and Taichi)
Juice Robinson and David Finlay vs. BC Elite (Hangman Page and Cody)
BC Elite (Young Bucks and Bullet Club) vs. Bullet Club (GoD and Taiji Ishimori)
L.I.J vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, ZSJ, Kanemaru, and Desperado)
CHAOS (Jay White, Tomohiro Ishii, and Toru Yano) vs. BC Elite (Kenny Omega, Yujiro, Chase Owens)
Rey Mysterio Jr, KUSHIDA, and Pro-Wrestler Sengoku Enbu vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, SHO, and YOH)
G1 Climax Finals:Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kota Ibushi

Thauros fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The big news outside of the block matches we've all known about for a few weeks are Rey Mysterio getting booked for Budokan against a mystery opponent and a Omega/Young Bucks vs. Kota/Chase/Scurll multiman match the first night at Budokan to build to the big singles match the next night.

https://twitter.com/epitasis/status/1017638128478314496

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ok, Kota? We need to face facts. You joined the Bullet Club.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Two Yano v Ishii matches in a row? :ohdear:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kenny vs. YTR the rematch of the century

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My body isn't ready

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
This is the first G1 I'll be following from the beginning. (Though I'll most likely watch it after the live stream, same day.) I'm super excited about it. I'm finally trying to follow NJPW on a consistent basis.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
They've started to upload English versions of the videos they made for all the G1 participants on the English Youtube. Including the YTR video where he's seriously serious about not cheating at all!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Kenny vs YTR is the least interesting YTR match to me and YTR matches are 5 of my most anticipated G1 matches.

Also loved the Adam and Mike Big Audio Nightmare preview idea where Jay White runs the table until he loses to Yoshi Hashi and falls apart.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Since I probably won't be up at 5:30AM: is the show available on demand immediately after the live stream?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Carlioo posted:

They've started to upload English versions of the videos they made for all the G1 participants on the English Youtube. Including the YTR video where he's seriously serious about not cheating at all!

YTR would never cheat, I will fight anyone who dares besmirch his reputation

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Jenkem Delivery posted:

YTR would never cheat, I will fight anyone who dares besmirch his reputation

It's not cheating if the referee doesn't see it!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Carlioo posted:

The Page and Tana ones are great.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 13, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Zack Sabre's promising that he's going to make all the cretins submit was pretty good too.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Just watching the press conference: EVIL whipping up his little ponytail mid-catchphrase is hilarious

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Watching gifs of the press conference and WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO YOUR HAIR, OKADA?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Watching gifs of the press conference and WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO YOUR HAIR, OKADA?

I also just saw this

Okada, please don't let Ospreay make fashion decisions for you.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Theory: Okada is no longer worthy of gold so he is no longer wearing gold. We'll know when he's about to win the title back when he starts wearing glittery, ostentatious gear again.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The sad red balloons reflect his heart... :smith:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Carlioo posted:

It's not cheating if the referee doesn't see it!

He’s going to get that hotel key from that pretty girl! He’s not lying!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ishii vs YTR gonna be feud of the year

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

fart blood posted:

Since I probably won't be up at 5:30AM: is the show available on demand immediately after the live stream?

Usually, yes. Sometimes it takes a couple of hours, and in rare cases more than that.

Kind of glad Makabe is still in the mix as that reduces the number of matches I absolutely have to watch.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I am very excited for my first G1. It's kind of mad how much wrestling I am going to be watching and I wonder how many undercard tag matches I will sit through before deciding to only watch tournament matches.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6-tV6CiQqQ

"Life is full of trials and tests... but one man refuses to give up" :unsmith: GO ACE! Goddamnit, I want Tanahashi to win the A block so bad.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kinda of looking forward to Sho facing Yoh in the undercard tag

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Just a note as an aside. Matt Riddle could have been in this if it wasn't for New Japan's skittishness about his weed use rep and use while in Japan. Tag League late last year was going to be a road test until it wasn't.

It is what it is.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Conflicting sources here but i'm hearing it isn't what it is

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is the press conference up with English subtitles anywhere? Or do they not usually subtitle those?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Is the press conference up with English subtitles anywhere? Or do they not usually subtitle those?

It'll take a day or so.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

he's preparing for his exciting new career doing backyard deathmatches in New Jersey

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

g1

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

free jiwan

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

best of luck to all participants

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am allowed to enjoy Michael Elgin or am I going to get pilloried for it?

I mean dude really changed his physique (which I’m impressed) and is a fun hoss power wrestler.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I am allowed to enjoy Michael Elgin or am I going to get pilloried for it?

I mean dude really changed his physique (which I’m impressed) and is a fun hoss power wrestler.

You'll get pilloried because he's a pretty boring wrestler with no personality. No, pulling his straps down does not count as a personality.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Elgin's had some great matches but his two big matches this year (Ishii and Goto) were boring and masturbatory and the definition of overkill. Guy seems to think doing a bunch of big moves with no sense of progression between them makes for a good match. The Juice match was good though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I wonder who is going to win the G1 CLIMAX

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cavauro posted:

It's Tanahashi's time for one last big run :unsmith:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

You'll get pilloried because he's a pretty boring wrestler with no personality. No, pulling his straps down does not count as a personality.

Elgin is a great wrestler and a skeevy dude who may not be quite as bad as we thought a few months ago.

Also imagine thinking masturbation is anything other than good and healthy. You know a match is good when someone calls it masturbatory.

I do hope Elgin ends up with 2 points, tied with Yoshi Hashi.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 14, 2018

• Locked thread