Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope YOSHI-HASHI beats Elgin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

nah elgin's still a gross fuckin dude

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Elgin is a great wrestler and a skeevy dude who may not be quite as bad as we thought a few months ago.

Also imagine thinking masturbation is anything other than good and healthy. You know a match is good when someone calls it masturbatory.

I do hope Elgin ends up with 2 points, tied with Yoshi Hashi.

Taking a poo poo feels good and is healthy too but I don't want to watch someone do that in a wrestling ring.

Actually no, if some dude dropped his pants and took a poo poo in the middle of the ring it would be hilarious and more interesting than watching Michael Elgin transition from a top rope splash mountain to a buckle bomb to a burning hammer.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

What an absolute loving shithead

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a lot of retweets on offer if you state on Twitter that the man who is actually morally very bad is actually morally very bad to your followers who already know that the man is actually morally very bad.

Whatever you do don't ask why they are still supporting the promotion that continues to book a man who is actually morally very bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
My hope is Tanahashi makes it to the finals.

My assumption is the final is Okada vs Naito.

My hope is Adam and Mike are right and Switchblade loses to Yoshi Hashi and loses his mind.

My assumption is the tournament MVP is YTR.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'd like to have the last word on elgin

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MassRafTer posted:

My hope is Tanahashi makes it to the finals.

My assumption is the final is Okada vs Naito.

My hope is Adam and Mike are right and Switchblade loses to Yoshi Hashi and loses his mind.

My assumption is the tournament MVP is YTR.

I have Yoshi-Hashi beating White. White neats Okada and is all cocky then Yoshi-Hashi gets a win over hin and he delves into madness.

It'll be fun.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I think Tanahashi takes it for one last ride in the main event and he and Kenny main event the Tokyo Dome.

Re: Elgin

I try to watch his matches with suspension of disbelief because, I don’t know, I want to like wrestling and so many of them seem like trash people and I don’t feel like getting caught up in that cycle most of the time. That said, I do a bad job of separating the performance from the performer, and I dislike him and want to see him lose. He seems like trash. :argh:

Here’s a small anecdote: the promotion he used to run, Glory Pro, runs in the STL area where I live. Before this whole mess with him surfaced, I went to one show and it was pretty good; Marafuji had a cool match against some giant and there was a really great tag match. Anyway, I paid for tickets ahead of time and the guy emails me to PayPal him money, but to do it by selecting the “sending cash to friends” option because “it helps when tax season comes around.”

My wife and I joked about how Elgin really needed to get a better business manager. Once all the stories about him broke, I realized it was Elgin who had emailed me via his normal Aaron Frobel (or whatever) account. I didn’t think anyone would make up the name Michael Elgin.

He probably also will end up getting hosed for tax evasion is what I’m saying so he is pretty deeply invested in skeevitude.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

:same:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:yeah:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It's starting in just a bit, right? Unfortunately my schedule for today is looking I'll probably miss the big matches :sigh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

extradite THIS! posted:

It's starting in just a bit, right? Unfortunately my schedule for today is looking I'll probably miss the big matches :sigh:

I'm leaving for Bristol Pride just as the show starts :negative:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Gonna take a short nap and then G1 TIME BAYBAY

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Yoshi Hashi is so ugly it's honestly kinda impressive. Give the poor lad a mask or something.

Juice turning up to the press conference with a bow tie and a giant shiteating grin only confirms him as the biggest face going right now.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

God loving damnit summer time clock poo poo I thought it was going to start now but it's in 45 mins instead. I'll have even less time to catch the important matches :argh:

Rarity posted:

I'm leaving for Bristol Pride just as the show starts :negative:

That sounds good though, have fun :) I'm going to some free open air music stuff today.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Spuckuk posted:

Yoshi Hashi is so ugly it's honestly kinda impressive. Give the poor lad a mask or something.
or replace him with a dude in a mask

an opera mask :getin:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

extradite THIS! posted:

God loving damnit summer time clock poo poo I thought it was going to start now but it's in 45 mins instead. I'll have even less time to catch the important matches :argh:

Glad I'm not the only idiot who got up earlier than I needed to because I didn't notice it said GMT instead of BST on the website (I'm pretty sure they have been good at having times up in BST before now so I'm just going to assume that they did and therefore it's not my fault I missed something so staggeringly obvious)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm awake, have coffee brewing and my customary NJPW McGriddle and hashbrown waiting for me, and I'm surrounded by cats confused as to why I'm up at 4:30 am. Let's do THIIIIIISSSSSSSSS?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm awake, have coffee brewing and my customary NJPW McGriddle and hashbrown waiting for me, and I'm surrounded by cats confused as to why I'm up at 4:30 am. Let's do THIIIIIISSSSSSSSS?!

Cat: Jesus dude, you're cutting into prime "running around crashing into everything for no reason" time! :mad:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It's happening :hellyeah:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

god bless the g1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LET'S DO.....thissss?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Here we go

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I don't think I've ever seen Jado wrestle!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

listening to this one in english, kelly's gotten good enough and i like rocky so i'll probably alternate throughout the tour

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Why couldn't Jado wrestle anyway? Back issues?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Running with Japanese commentary for now. It's on a hype level unmatched by the English commentary most of the time and the last couple of shows I've gone with English. I did enjoy Chase's commentary, though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Carlioo posted:

Why couldn't Jado wrestle anyway? Back issues?

He shouts cocksucker too often (I think it was a knee injury)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Here comes the man who will sweep his bracket and win the G1. It's true and you should believe me

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My best memory of Jado and Gedo is their sweet old theme song, though I 100% thought they said "gently caress YOU WE ARE JADO GEDO" at the start.
https://youtu.be/bi4lJuIwOGU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

extradite THIS! posted:

Here comes the man who will sweep his bracket and win the G1. It's true and you should believe me

Yes, Ishii will finally be the best in New Japan

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Poor YTR :ohdear:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

RPG3K explode tonight

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yano vs Ishii :stare:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

YTR with the exchange!?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Workhorse Yano is loving awesome

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Yano vs Ishii :stare:

I can't lie, it's one of the matches I'm most looking forward to in the entire tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Those roids he got for G1 are value for money this year.

• Locked thread