Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

Hey everyone! I know I haven't been around for a while, but I have some news that I want to share with you all. I am a dad now!

Maybe one day I will have time to get back into a mafia game or two, but I haven't been able to commit the time that I would need to be able to play a game to my standard of play. Still I was a part of this community for a long time, and felt compelled to tell you all (and everyone else I have ever met lol). Hope everyone else is doing well!

How has nobody responded with:

hachi machi

?

Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

grats jake

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Slamburger posted:

I'm tinkering with balance ideas right now but I'm targeting 21-23. I'm not sure how large the active player base is right now though, so I don't know if that's tenable. I have a small(er) alternate setup for ~17 but that won't support some of the large-game mechanics I'd like to do for this movie. I can always fall back to that one. I'm not above sending some PMs to inactive players to drum up business as well.

if you run the smaller one I'll presign

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This game is still a good one to join

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

pm mmm if you want to replace me in this i guess.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Yo! Join this game! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862150

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

here have a different game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Another game appears...

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

This game is at about 5/15. Go sign up!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
seems we are in a bit of a lull. a month ago it seemed like games filled within days

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

seems we are in a bit of a lull. a month ago it seemed like games filled within days

That was coming off Riven though.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

There's also a 15 person game that just began, and another 20 person game that is currently in an extended (?) night phase.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

we also have my game, which is so captivating that nobody wants to play another game while they're in it, but you can still join it to this day over here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860695

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Five more people should join this game so we can get it started.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
When's the next popcon?

I want to write more lovely fanfic.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

When's the next popcon?

There's nothing stopping you from writing fanfic whenever you may like!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

There's nothing stopping you from writing fanfic whenever you may like!

:thunk:

This is a good point

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
i kind of want to run popcon: creative writing edition again but also i really would rather participate in it rather than run it so

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

When's the next popcon?

Seinfeld fanfic?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Eliminated in QF
🇺🇾 KB
🇧🇷 Rhjamiz
🇷🇺 CPig
🇸🇪 IllegallySober

Third place match
🇧🇪 IcePhoenix 2, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Podima 0

Congrats to IcePhoenix for finishing 3rd!

Final
🇫🇷 ecco/genex v 🇭🇷 bowmore, July 15, 10AM Central

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Little Mac posted:

Seinfeld fanfic?

I'm going to write a new girl/evangelion cross fic

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm going to write a new girl/evangelion cross fic

Winston x Shinji slashfic

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

winston/coach are rei

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
is girl the comic that has that weird dome in it? I read it years ago, don't remember much of the main plot tbh, but I do love me some eva so this sounds like it's going to be really good.

unless it's all a sick joke :colbert:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

is girl the comic that has that weird dome in it? I read it years ago, don't remember much of the main plot tbh, but I do love me some eva so this sounds like it's going to be really good.

Yeah that's the comic. Girls

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8J8TFLUemg

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

not at all what I was expecting... but I approve.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jonathan Fisk posted:

winston/coach are rei

lmao

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I know its super late jake, bu congrats

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
nope it’s too late the baby is eaten now because jake failed to receive enough gratz so he has to try again from the start

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You bastards don’t deserve a good game but play in it anyways

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Croatia put up a good fight.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi friends.

I need a replacement in Yu-gi-oh mafia if anyone is able. You'll be joining in at N1 so there shouldn't be too much to catch up on.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

chaoslord posted:

Third place match
🇧🇪 IcePhoenix 2, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Podima 0

Congrats to IcePhoenix for finishing 3rd!

:toot:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

JakeP posted:

Hey everyone! I know I haven't been around for a while, but I have some news that I want to share with you all. I am a dad now!

Maybe one day I will have time to get back into a mafia game or two, but I haven't been able to commit the time that I would need to be able to play a game to my standard of play. Still I was a part of this community for a long time, and felt compelled to tell you all (and everyone else I have ever met lol). Hope everyone else is doing well!

Wow, congrats JakeP.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Due to one player having to step out, we still need 3 to kick this game off.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Still looking for a replacement.

Tell you what, if you replace in I will buy a forums upgrade for you.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Natural 20 posted:

Still looking for a replacement.

Tell you what, if you replace in I will buy a forums upgrade for you.

I know literally nothing about the flavor of this game but if it will help you I will replace in (and flail around a lot). You don't need to buy me anything though. :)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

IllegallySober posted:

I know literally nothing about the flavor of this game but if it will help you I will replace in (and flail around a lot). You don't need to buy me anything though. :)

You are a good person and friend, thanks very much IS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

You are a good person and friend, thanks very much IS

And I'll need one more for D2. Again, same offer is on the table, if you join up I'll happily grant you a forums upgrade.