Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Colors may very :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

SIGSEGV posted:

I agree, I really miss rcman's posting, which this woman is wearing on her face.

They sell those at mini-malls? I had to order a genuine aluminium one all the way from Japan.

There's a direct correlation to the amount of confederate flags you see in public and the amount of decorative sword stores in mini-malls, so maybe you live in the wrong location. Also, I shared a brief, friendly smile with a guy in a Walmart the other day in the produce section only for him to turn around, which is when I noticed the big confederate flag sewn onto the back of his jacket. It is worth noting that I live in British Columbia.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

cash crab posted:

There's a direct correlation to the amount of confederate flags you see in public and the amount of decorative sword stores in mini-malls, so maybe you live in the wrong location. Also, I shared a brief, friendly smile with a guy in a Walmart the other day in the produce section only for him to turn around, which is when I noticed the big confederate flag sewn onto the back of his jacket. It is worth noting that I live in British Columbia.

I used to live in B.C. and I can only remember, off hand, one decorative sword store. But maybe there were more and I just never noticed them all. Here, in Hawaii, we have the swap meet! And boy oh boy there's like, a dozen sword and knife vendor stalls all over the place! When I was thirteen I bought a katana because I couldn't afford the Real Metal Batarang(tm).

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

cash crab posted:

"First you put my CASHEWS OF CHAOS in a floral bowl, and then you disrespect my name of power. This will not stand, woman." [unsheaths dull katana purchased at mini-mall]

I know it's chaos, but gently caress if I can't stop reading that as "CASHEWS OF CHADS"

Especially with this being marketed towards "gamers," there was a solid few seconds I had to look real close to make sure.

Awkward, Ugly & Gross: CASHEWS OF CHADS

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
We had a sword store with cheesy "Asian" decorations. I only went there because there was a super hot guy working there, though.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I remember mobile sword stores by the side of the road going north from Houston when I was working in Texas over a decade ago. :allears:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

text me a vag pic posted:

get rid of ur trash and LIVE the fun life!

if you are having fun at home, youre having fun at home!

That thread was the moment i realized my :10bux: was well spent.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

TotalLossBrain posted:

I remember mobile sword stores by the side of the road going north from Houston when I was working in Texas over a decade ago. :allears:

Mobile sword stores? Like instead of some guy selling flowers at the side of the road, he's selling swords?

I've seen this for rugs and bedsheets. Would not be interested in bedsheets bought from a random person at the roadside, or rugs, for that matter.

But weapons being sold this way is a really strange image. Even if they are chintzy weapons for decorative purposes only.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There was a guy that sold fresh seafood by the side of the road out by Maricopa, AZ and to this day I have not had better scallops. Also I would be lost with out my fruit and vegetable truck guy here in Chicago.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't recall ever seeing a mall or Walmart katana, but conventions generally have at least one and sometimes multiple booths selling cheap stainless steel swords and knives in really impractical designs. I've also gotten some blank guns from there, which are more fun.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

green chicken feet posted:

Mobile sword stores? Like instead of some guy selling flowers at the side of the road, he's selling swords?

Yes, like that. Set up under a tent right next to the highway. And a few miles down the road you'd find a drive thru liquor store.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I assume all road side swords are about this good in quality:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

That thread was the moment i realized my :10bux: was well spent.

I keep thinking it's a really dumb idea to have that lamp hanging right there. Never mind everything else.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Around 2000, nearly every mall in Calgary had a sword store. So the rebel flag-sword store thing checks out.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

more messed up plastic surgery noses, ft. Lil Kim

Watching youtube: Stars Who Ruined Their Careers With Plastic Surgery
https://youtu.be/i8qWCjbCkWE

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Ever seen a pointlessly gendered product?

Man-tissues or

Woman nose hair trimmers

That type of thing.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

MageMage posted:

Man-tissues or

Woman nose hair trimmers

That type of thing.

Maybe not the absolute most pointless, but I'm always super confused about why razors for men and women are like completely segregated. Gillette will never ever market the Machs or whatever to women. It's a drat blade, for getting rid of your hair. Stop it.

Every single product from them in that series says "For Men". Even the website is titled "For men". I don't understand it at all.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

My husband once got a free MachSomething in the mail, completely unsolicited. He uses an electric shaver, though, so I inherited the MAN'S MACHMILLION BEARD DESTROYER 3000 to use on my dainty ladylegs. :j: It always felt vaguely subversive. (Also smooth as a baby's rear end.)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

There was a guy that sold fresh seafood by the side of the road out by Maricopa, AZ and to this day I have not had better scallops. Also I would be lost with out my fruit and vegetable truck guy here in Chicago.

It's counterintuitive but side of the road seafood vendors are usually amazing. I guess guys like that typically depend on repeat local customers so they take freshness very seriously. And it's the entire point of something like that, to get the freshest stuff that was just caught like that morning.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

MageMage posted:

Man-tissues or

Woman nose hair trimmers

That type of thing.

Ladypens

Basebf555 posted:

It's counterintuitive but side of the road seafood vendors are usually amazing. I guess guys like that typically depend on repeat local customers so they take freshness very seriously. And it's the entire point of something like that, to get the freshest stuff that was just caught like that morning.

I doubt any seafood sold in Maricopa was caught that morning.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I use pink lady razors all the time to shave my face. They're cheap. (I'm a guy)

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

TotalLossBrain posted:

I use pink lady razors all the time to shave my face. They're cheap. (I'm a guy)

Aren't they generally sharper as well?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TotalLossBrain posted:

Yeah the 7 blade face turbofuckers are completely pointless, and replacement heads cost so much I'll need to mortgage my house. I should just go back to the disposables. It's bad for the environment but at least I'm not getting hoodwinked by some corporate idiots who don't know what to do to rebrand besides add more garbage to the handle.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The more I look at it, the worse it gets

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Um, https://www.dollarshaveclub.com

It's awesome. Every guy I work with uses them.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

cash crab posted:

Speaking of Walmart, I used to work in one in Illinois as a cashier like ten years ago. I remember there was this one customer with a shaved head who came in and was super nice to everyone. He was the type of guy who just makes your whole day. Anyway, I was ringing him up and when he turned to leave I saw her had A HUGE (like the entire back of his head huge) tattoo of a swastika. That was a big "whelp" moment for me.

And on sword chat, the only sword store I saw growing up (still in Illinois) was a combo sword, comic, and M:TG store. My brother and I spent way too much time there.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Ladypens

I grew up in that part of Arizona, and well eating days old seafood as a kid means I have a super strong aversion to it now. I even moved to the Pacific Northwest and I still can't stand anything from the ocean.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Soysaucebeast posted:

Speaking of Walmart, I used to work in one in Illinois as a cashier like ten years ago. I remember there was this one customer with a shaved head who came in and was super nice to everyone. He was the type of guy who just makes your whole day. Anyway, I was ringing him up and when he turned to leave I saw her had A HUGE (like the entire back of his head huge) tattoo of a swastika. That was a big "whelp" moment for me.

And on sword chat, the only sword store I saw growing up (still in Illinois) was a combo sword, comic, and M:TG store. My brother and I spent way too much time there.

Did you punch him for being a nazi?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Nurge posted:

Yeah the 7 blade face turbofuckers are completely pointless, and replacement heads cost so much I'll need to mortgage my house. I should just go back to the disposables. It's bad for the environment but at least I'm not getting hoodwinked by some corporate idiots who don't know what to do to rebrand besides add more garbage to the handle.

Get a safety razor. They're cheap, low maintenance, and generate a lot less waste than disposables.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Skippy McPants posted:

Get a safety razor. They're cheap, low maintenance, and generate a lot less waste than disposables.

Yeah this is actually a much better idea. I'll do that. Thanks.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Get a straight razor like grandpappy used to hemorrhage with

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Just stop shaving.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Aren't they generally sharper as well?

I feel like they can be sharper, but they also take a layer of skin with them, so it's not worth it.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Just stop shaving.

:yeah:

Picnic Princess posted:

There's a video of a woman who bought some eyebrow-tinting stuff from the same company and it pulled her eyebrow clean off. Good times. Also, yes, what the gently caress is that thing?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

T-man posted:

I grew up in that part of Arizona, and well eating days old seafood as a kid means I have a super strong aversion to it now. I even moved to the Pacific Northwest and I still can't stand anything from the ocean.

I did the same move and still can't stuff enough crab and salmon in my face.

I've always been weirded out by the vans in AZ selling seafood by the side of the road. There are tons. Hello salmonella.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Zipperelli. posted:

Um, https://www.dollarshaveclub.com

It's awesome. Every guy I work with uses them.

nah, I'm not buying my own. I steal my wife's razors. I shave only once a week for I have the beard growth of a child.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

TotalLossBrain posted:

nah, I'm not buying my own. I steal my wife's razors. I shave only once a week for I have the beard growth of a child.

Sup fellow man child. I have one of those three blade but takes safety razorblade things and it's the best of both worlds ie: not shaving is always best

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

Rocky Point to Maricopa is like a 2.5 hour drive.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Soysaucebeast posted:

i swear ive seen this story about the swastika dude before, by chance did he kindly wait in your line only to get a cell phone call when it was his turn and he politely excused himself to the back of the line in order to take the call? am i having a stroke?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Seconding safety razors, you can get a box of 100 feather blades for like $30. I go through mine at the rate of 1 blade a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Picnic Princess posted:

It's got a big fluffy hood.

I mean, it's from Wish so it's cheap poo poo, but there's nothing wrong with how that'll look when worn. Just big and fluffy. It's probably even a photo stolen from a brand that's charging hundreds of dollars for it.