Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Black Lightning is nice because it's a different tone than the rest of the shows, which aim at that weird forever-20s WB demographic. Black Lightning is a grown-rear end man in his 40s with an adult daughter, and he's the principal of the local high school. He's a strong and established character by the time we enter the show, there's very little of the angsty finding-myself drama like the other DC stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah so wait hang on what's the general gist on black lightning? poo poo or ok or what? I only got like 15 or so minutes into the pilot and had to go do things then completely forgot about it

Black Lightning was the best superhero show that aired last year. :colbert:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I took this as you still have that haircut.

I had it for far longer than I'm comfortable admitting. Child me thought it was great.

vvv: drat busted

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 14, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So last week aye?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The nerd in me that loves these shared universes wants Black Lightning to meet Oliver, Barry, and Kara. But I'm also fine with it being its own thing. I'd like to see the grown rear end hero interact with the angsty new generation but I'm also fine with him not.

But there's absolutely no excuse if they don't do a Legends crossover with Black Lightning's first run as a hero. Its just a shame that that would be the 90s instead of the 70s so they don't have excuse to give him an afro.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

The nerd in me that loves these shared universes wants Black Lightning to meet Oliver, Barry, and Kara. But I'm also fine with it being its own thing. I'd like to see the grown rear end hero interact with the angsty new generation but I'm also fine with him not.

But there's absolutely no excuse if they don't do a Legends crossover with Black Lightning's first run as a hero. Its just a shame that that would be the 90s instead of the 70s so they don't have excuse to give him an afro.

They managed to give Luke Cage is classic look in a flashback, I'm sure the BL team can come up with something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean Legends could easily like pick him up in the 90s and then take him back to the 70s for some handwavey reason with his dad or something so yeah...

If Legends doesn't eventually give me Cress Williams in an afro wig in the 70s then I'll be sad.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I'd like to see Sarah and Thunder bond and Thunder give Sarah good perspective on a full on relationship ( just to put a good spin on things)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FNvFeCRMoc
Flash trailer. Apparently the bad guy for the season is someone called Cicada and he's being played by Chris Klein.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They got jokes, I like.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I'm in it for the ring

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Oooohhh Cicada is an interesting choice

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy A. Person posted:

Oooohhh Cicada is an interesting choice

We said the same thing about the Thinker.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

And I mean it still was, even tho the writers hosed it all up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is it possible to have negative expectations?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Rhyno posted:

Is it possible to have negative expectations?

Oh, did the trailer for Arrow drop as well?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You’d think the speedforce would be pissed Barry escaped prison.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I guess Kevin Smith enjoyed working with everyone last season as he's cast Grant Gustin, Tom Cavanagh and Carlos Valdes in his new movie.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

muscles like this! posted:

So I guess Kevin Smith enjoyed working with everyone last season as he's cast Grant Gustin, Tom Cavanagh and Carlos Valdes in his new movie.

That's going to be kinda weird. It's one thing if the three of them happened to be in a movie together 10 years after flash finished or something but to have most of the cast of one thing do a completely different unrelated movie at the same time feels strange.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

8one6 posted:

Oh, did the trailer for Arrow drop as well?

:drat:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

That's going to be kinda weird. It's one thing if the three of them happened to be in a movie together 10 years after flash finished or something but to have most of the cast of one thing do a completely different unrelated movie at the same time feels strange.

Smith hasn't confirmed what their parts are going to be but the speculation is that they're probably not going to be much more than cameos since the premise of the movie is that Jay and Silent Bob are going back to Hollywood to try and stop "Bluntman and Chronic" from being rebooted.

Also Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh and Tom Cavanagh were all in a movie together back in 2015.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FNvFeCRMoc
Flash trailer. Apparently the bad guy for the season is someone called Cicada and he's being played by Chris Klein.

Amazing. Whoever cut that trailer seems super cool.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

If Thinker was Jordan Peterson, will Cicada be like Ben Shaprio?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
EDIT: Double post

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I also read that there is going to be a Sherloque Wells this season.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Aleph Null posted:

I also read that there is going to be a Sherloque Wells this season.

Oh thank god.

Lazy Robot
Jan 18, 2001

yospos

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Amazing. Whoever cut that trailer seems super cool.

So, is it just some kind of running joke in this thread that AlliedBiscuit keeps coming in here and basically saying "HEY GUYS, I WORK ON THE FLASH!", and nobody seems to pick up on it? Or are we just all as dumb as Barry?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lazy Robot posted:

So, is it just some kind of running joke in this thread that AlliedBiscuit keeps coming in here and basically saying "HEY GUYS, I WORK ON THE FLASH!", and nobody seems to pick up on it? Or are we just all as dumb as Barry?

We have someone to blame for the show being garbage last year.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Rhyno posted:

We have someone to blame for the show being garbage last year.

:tipshat:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Lazy Robot posted:

Whatever are you talking about?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
doesn't look like anything to me

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Flash Season 5: Made by Cool and Attractive People

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Now you've done it now he's gonna go back in time to prevent us from learning about it and in doing so cause Trump to become president

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Does anyone have the gif of Rick Cosnett climbing into a room from a window that is actually a scene of him falling out of a window played in reverse from Quantico S1? I know it got posted in the Flash season 2 or 3 thread and I tried googling for it but couldn't find it.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

The Lord Bude posted:

Well, they’re actors. There are lots of other examples of a pack of actors playing against each other in several different stories. American Horror Story has had seven seasons where mostly the same cast has been playing different parts each year, with different relationships and roles. Every John Waters movie has several overlapping cast members, and Tim Burton will cast Johnny Depp with his own wife any chance he gets. Do you usually think those films/shows feel strange because of that?

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Artic Puma posted:

Does anyone have the gif of Rick Cosnett climbing into a room from a window that is actually a scene of him falling out of a window played in reverse from Quantico S1? I know it got posted in the Flash season 2 or 3 thread and I tried googling for it but couldn't find it.

Hahaha, same question!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I'm legitimately kind of disappointed it isn't in the OP

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
"Hey, Bear." :blush:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TheCWSupergirl/status/1032026104477798400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

it's taken drat near a decade to get there but it's awesome they finally get to use a bat property whole-hog