Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Smash Ultimate is going to be extremely good. Slap City is presently very good. You can probably continue to ignore Icons. That's the official Rally Report

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Did Brawlout ever stop being the worst game in the world?

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
slap city is v. good and knocking sense into weirdos is good

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Did Brawlout ever stop being the worst game in the world?

no, it's so loving bad. the controls and movement are possibly the worst of any fighting game I've ever played. Rivals Of Aether got "smash game" right to an extent. Brawlout is some jankyass dogshit.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Reiley posted:

Smash Ultimate is going to be extremely good. Slap City is presently very good. You can probably continue to ignore Icons. That's the official Rally Report

Have you tried Rivals? Rivals is actually pretty cool, and I like watching it sometimes too, though mostly for Etalus

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Infiltration is a wonderful guy and he is wasted on a game like SFV

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

He made his choice

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ventana posted:

Have you tried Rivals? Rivals is actually pretty cool, and I like watching it sometimes too, though mostly for Etalus

I did, my friends enjoy it and I understand its merits but I don't really like it myself.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

TulliusCicero posted:

I looked at his twitter and he's talking a lot about wanting to play Smash and Splatoon, pity the money's not there or he might actually do it.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

there's money in smash

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's money in splatoon...my money that is. A whole 60bucks!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

there's money in smash

Is there, because all the top dudes are so good and ahead of him.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

RBX posted:

Is there, because all the top dudes are so good and ahead of him.

that's melee, ultimate will be more even because it's new

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i think that infil would be good at any game with neutral

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

TulliusCicero posted:

I feel the same about Smug

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh yeah, I forgot Melee dudes hate the other games. He'll give it a try unless it gets the same reaction as Smash 4.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I'm working on a spectators guide to Puyo since there's actually going to be a side tourney with international talent at EVO this year, looking for feedback on the draft from people who don't know poo poo about the game
http://www.cssdesk.com/xXs8d

Originally I tried to cut out as much unnecessary information as possible to make it something readable in one sitting, but I've been looking at the spectators guides others have written for like Marvel and Blazblue and those went into painstaking detail about all the systems so idk which approach is more useful for people

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I feel the same about Smug

The #1 thing I miss about watching competitive SF4 is Smug's Dudley

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

The #1 thing I miss about watching competitive SF4 is Smug's Dudley

:yeah:

He was always a joy to watch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

dragon enthusiast posted:

I'm working on a spectators guide to Puyo since there's actually going to be a side tourney with international talent at EVO this year, looking for feedback on the draft from people who don't know poo poo about the game

Originally I tried to cut out as much unnecessary information as possible to make it something readable in one sitting, but I've been looking at the spectators guides others have written for like Marvel and Blazblue and those went into painstaking detail about all the systems so idk which approach is more useful for people

I also have a Puyo Puyo (Tetris) guide
https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/934915323316256768

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dragon enthusiast posted:

Ooh, is that crazy Japanese guy that soloed a 1v3 gonna be there again?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Dias posted:

Ooh, is that crazy Japanese guy that soloed a 1v3 gonna be there again?

I haven't seen any indication he's going, right now the two confirmed Japanese players are Tema, who went last year, and live (pronounced lee-vay) who is one of the best Puyo players in Japan and is pretty decent at Tetris too

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Aris revealed the secret of getting a Twitch partnership recently:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DaintySullenWaffleStinkyCheese

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
UNIST Steam, August 20: https://store.steampowered.com/app/801630/UNDER_NIGHT_INBIRTH_ExeLatest/

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

gently caress yes!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Bless you Gaben.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

FZeroRacer posted:

slap city is v. good and knocking sense into weirdos is good

The trailer for the Business Casual Man character is just amazing. I can't imagine the single player is worth it but I really want to find out.

I hope there is some sort of discount, not because I need to personally pay less but because my god the whining over Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai and Arcana Heart Lovemax SixStars being incremental upgrades and the publisher/devs not basically giving free money to owners of the existing games is just intolerable and yes I don't know why I'm looking at the Community Hub for any game.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

quote:

There will balance changes and bugfixes to come, and they are currently working on new character(s) (not specified number), and there will be an update to all platforms. There is no specified date so we do not know when this supposed update is coming, so it could be coming to all platforms along with the steam release or after or even next year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is awesome.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

markgreyam posted:

The trailer for the Business Casual Man character is just amazing. I can't imagine the single player is worth it but I really want to find out.

the single player is basically the same as Smash Bros N64 single player, so if you think that'd be worth $7 there you go. i think the game is super fun and the tech is both insane and not hand-destroying to dabble with.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I just bought UNIST for PS4, super excited to get into it. I know I'll have to do some extra legwork to get matches but I have to do the same thing for Tekken anyway. ((I am still super salty at being unable to change the displayed region to match my actual location)).

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Does UNIST have a CCCaster equivalent? Does it need one?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Well sorry bbtag it was nice knowing you. Gotta practice unist with every waking hour to not get rolled like dough now

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
in a weird way im sorta disappointed UNIST is actually coming out, because it means i have to finally decide who to actually play in that game. probably gordeau because hes a Hunk

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Always bet sword.

E: Slap City is good fun in SP, once I drag a friend or two into MP it will be even better but the SP basic mission structure is pretty fun. Business Casual Man strong headbutt charge move isn't going to get old anytime soon. Also I need to work out how to do the water cooler lean attack because that's what I paid $7

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 15, 2018

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

markgreyam posted:

Always bet sword.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha92kr_A6zQ

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
As if I didn't listen to that in its entirety.

e: Twice.

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

markgreyam posted:

. Also I need to work out how to do the water cooler lean attack because that's what I paid $7

it's down throw

also if you get $1000 it turns your forward aerial into the thing in windows solitaire where it just sprays cards everywhere after you win