Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

VJeff posted:

What about any of their TV production *EXTREME CLOSE UP INTO MY NOSTRILS* makes *cut to a random member of the posting audience* sense?

Do they make the men wear makeup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

VJeff posted:

And then later on decided to make an angle about how she was too old a month before this loving match.

And then made her into a heel stooge for the same person who called her old in that feud, for no real reason.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I've noticed when Finn doesn't have a match, he usually has a little powder on. For actual wrestling it seems they've decidedly the damp and greasy look is the way to go for all the guys.

ed: commentary booth are all painted up.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My favorite moment from that match:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like how everyone in that match had matching Raw/Smackdown shirts to look like obedient worker bees, and then Cena just showed up in his regular merch because he clearly ran out of fucks to give. Cena owns.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

piss tape israel posted:

My favorite moment from that match:

I remember someone telling me that Triple H looked like a goof a bunch of times in that match to put over all the new talent both on his own and the other team, but I never went back and watched it to actually confirm that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VJeff posted:

What about any of their TV production *EXTREME CLOSE UP INTO MY NOSTRILS* makes *cut to a random member of the posting audience* sense?

The Extreme Rules promo video is crazy just in terms of how they've given all the wrestlers being interviewed like 10 feet of headspace and cut them off at the chin/neck. The framing is so awful it feels like it must be deliberate, but if it is I cannot understand WHY

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

The Extreme Rules promo video is crazy just in terms of how they've given all the wrestlers being interviewed like 10 feet of headspace and cut them off at the chin/neck. The framing is so awful it feels like it must be deliberate, but if it is I cannot understand WHY
Vince wakes up one morning and decides he wants some fresh new twist on their production. He doesn’t know what fresh new thing, of course, just that he wants something different and exciting. He turns to his head of production who, unfortunately, has been doing the same job for like 30 years and thus has zero scope for effective innovation. We end up with zoomy cameras/endless crowd shots/a million cuts/fake selfie promos. And now this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Like I legit wondered if maybe Vince originally wanted a cartoon thought bubble to appear above their heads with that video footage of all the big bumps and thrills appearing in it. That would have been awful but at least given a reason for the awful framing. Instead their faces are like tucked right down at the bottom of the screen for absolutely no reason. It's so weird.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Vince’s mind is currently in the end stages of being completely gone. Like when Dave Bowman starts removing all of HAL 9000’s logic circuits.

Soon, he will insist on thermal cameras for all promos, and the F in XFL will stand for Futbol.

God help us all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonz posted:

Vince’s mind is currently in the end stages of being completely gone. Like when Dave Bowman starts removing all of HAL 9000’s logic circuits.

Soon, he will insist on thermal cameras for all promos, and the F in XFL will stand for Futbol.

God help us all.

WWE: Maybe it's time we started to consider possibly thinking about maybe perhaps beginning the opening procedures for the eventual discussion of the potentiality of exploring options for somebody to start the shadowing process to learn the functions required to have a back-up plan in case we MIGHT have a new head of the compa-
WWE stock drops 35 points

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Just a reminder, whenever you consider WWE booking.

They thought Bart Gunn could win this fight.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I doubt that, they probably spite booked it because he wasn't supposed to win Brawl for All

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jackie D posted:

I doubt that, they probably spite booked it because he wasn't supposed to win Brawl for All
nope, they thought butterbean was a total joke

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Butterbean...is fat you see...so therefore...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Rob posted:

Becky is a babe. I don't even understand that one.

To be fair, there are people on this board who think Bayley is ugly

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

Drop your hands, keep your chin up and out, move forward right into the punch - he couldn't have possibly made it any easier for himself to get knocked out

It's almost as if not training him at all about how boxing works and how to defend yourself was an awful idea

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Drop your hands, keep your chin up and out, move forward right into the punch - he couldn't have possibly made it any easier for himself to get knocked out

It's almost as if not training him at all about how boxing works and how to defend yourself was an awful idea

That punch came after Gunn had tried defending himself and got knocked down. He was probably out on his feet for that one.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Benne posted:

I like how everyone in that match had matching Raw/Smackdown shirts to look like obedient worker bees, and then Cena just showed up in his regular merch because he clearly ran out of fucks to give. Cena owns.

Cena had a new shirt, if memory serves. Came to put the shirt over, got eliminated in like 5 minutes, left.

I had no idea and have no idea what the point of that Survivor Series match was. 2016's match advanced storylines (Dean/AJ, JeriKO/Roman, the rise of Braun), had GIFable moments (Braun/Ellsworth, Shane dying), and had a surprising survivor (the Orton Wyatts). 2017 ended with Shane vs. HHH. In 2017. Uh?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jim Johnston remix of the horsemen theme is loving awful.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Jackie D posted:

Bruce Pritchards podcast had a pretty good episode about brawl for all.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

That punch came after Gunn had tried defending himself and got knocked down. He was probably out on his feet for that one.

Ah - I hadn't seen that fight in full since it originally happened so that makes sense

Out of context I thought that was the entire fight in that one gif since my only memory is of it being mercifully short

bartok
May 10, 2006

Optimist with doubt posted:

Bruce Pritchards podcast had a pretty good episode about brawl for all.

How is the podcast? Jeff Gerstmann was talking about it on a recent Bombcast and it piqued my interest. Whenever an old wrestling guy who wasn't a wrestler has a podcast I just assume it is nothing but terrible takes on modern wrestling and pining for the good old days.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

bartok posted:

How is the podcast? Jeff Gerstmann was talking about it on a recent Bombcast and it piqued my interest. Whenever an old wrestling guy who wasn't a wrestler has a podcast I just assume it is nothing but terrible takes on modern wrestling and pining for the good old days.

It's not bad - He shares quite a few trivia facts while he's telling stories about his interactions with Vince and how the backstage poo poo actually works so it's worth listening to for that if you enjoy the inner workings of the giant nonsense machine

His episode on Mr. Perfect has quite a few good stories on filming the vignettes for the character and stuff like that for example

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Liquid Communism posted:

My favorite part of the story was that Butterbean knew he would demolish Gunn, and offered to take a dive to which they said no.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Ah - I hadn't seen that fight in full since it originally happened so that makes sense

Out of context I thought that was the entire fight in that one gif since my only memory is of it being mercifully short

I mean, it was mercifully short in that it was like a minute, and Gunn was completely outclassed in every way, but he wasn't QUITE as pathetic as the gif makes him look.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's not bad - He shares quite a few trivia facts while he's telling stories about his interactions with Vince and how the backstage poo poo actually works so it's worth listening to for that if you enjoy the inner workings of the giant nonsense machine

His episode on Mr. Perfect has quite a few good stories on filming the vignettes for the character and stuff like that for example

He also lies about 90% of the time, so take everything with a lot of salt.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

He also lies about 90% of the time, so take everything with a lot of salt.

Didn't know that but I guess it's to be expected from any of the main carnies from McMahon's inner circle

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sionistic posted:

My favorite part of the story was that Butterbean knew he would demolish Gunn, and offered to take a dive to which they said no.

Butterbean thought this was his way into the buisiness

It wasn't and it made him sad and all the boys hated him

:smith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Justin_Brett posted:

And then made her into a heel stooge for the same person who called her old in that feud, for no real reason.

Like, it started out as Alexa being like "Hey let's team up to deal with Absolution in the Elimination Chamber." and Mickie was clearly dubious about it because she'd done this poo poo with Alexa before and Alexa had just screwed her at the end, but she was realistic about the fact that Absolution and Bayley/Sasha would both be helping themselves.. Then Elimination Chamber came and went and she just kept being Alexa's stooge.

Sanguinia posted:

I remember someone telling me that Triple H looked like a goof a bunch of times in that match to put over all the new talent both on his own and the other team, but I never went back and watched it to actually confirm that.

HHH pretty much gets outwrestled by Nakamura and Roode and there's some cute moments of him having fun with them, then he gets clowned on at the end by Strowman. All of his Shovel Man Fucker stuff was pretty much contained to the other old men in the match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

To their credit, they didn't totally ignore the Alexa/Mickie feud like they usually do. I mean Mickie let her off way too easily and all, but they acknowledged it happened.

Alexa saved Mickie from a beatdown pre-EC (sort of, I don't know if it was scripted that way but how she pulls her out of the ring and drops her to the floor is pretty funny), which was what made Mickie decide to give her a chance.

Then at the EC Mickie was eliminated before Alexa even entered so there was no backstab. I assume they didn't want to do that at the same time as Sasha/Bayley.

Since then there hasn't really been any need to split them up again so they haven't.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Didn't know that but I guess it's to be expected from any of the main carnies from McMahon's inner circle

yea he's not told any huge terrible lies that I recognized on it but keep in mind he's a Vince guy when he starts talking about ~the real politics~ and you'll be fine. It's a good podcast.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I do know the story about how Curt Hennig would be perfect in practice at every sport/game until the cameras started rolling and then he'd gently caress up intentionally to troll all the production people was great

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Women's Elimination Chamber was the best-booked thing they've done in that division all year IMO

Though I guess "Asuka wins the Rumble because duh" is up there.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
There was a scene on Total Divas where they talked to the Bellas about having something for them from January to April or whatever. Made me think Nikki was actually going to win

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Astro7x posted:

There was a scene on Total Divas where they talked to the Bellas about having something for them from January to April or whatever. Made me think Nikki was actually going to win

I kinda liked having my emotions toyed with. Sweet Jesus no....ahhhh, that's better. Also Sasha directing the twins around before getting tossed was amusing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello friends just a reminder that you can make predictions for PPVs again

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

space for 11 matches on the card and they still only managed to fit the 2 womens title matches on there and that's it, dang.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

space for 11 matches on the card and they still only managed to fit the 2 womens title matches on there and that's it, dang.

They're delaying Bayley/Sasha to Summerslam so it's the same building as their big NXT match.

There's no excuse for the rest though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Aphrodite posted:

They're delaying Bayley/Sasha to Summerslam so it's the same building as their big NXT match.

There's no excuse for the rest though.

They are delaying Bayley/Sasha because they forgot how not to delay that.

• Locked thread