Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Gene now would be a good time to claim if you're around...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

This is seriously a thing you do??? I'm shocked

Also dancer why the hell are you still voting yourself?

Media studies degree means I have to embrace everything, even horrendous garbage.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

##unvote
##vote genex

-1 I think

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

Media studies degree means I have to embrace everything, even horrendous garbage.

Don't hide behind your degree

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah, okay.

##vote genex

:redhammer:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You’re right, it’s awful garbage but I love it.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Max posted:

You’re right, it’s awful garbage but I love it.

My wife used to watch rock of love

It killed me

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:redhammer:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: FINAL Day 1 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: GeneX (8): The Ninth Layer, IcePhoenix, -The Ninth Layer, -IcePhoenix, Atomic Soda, The Ninth Layer, Max, IllegallySober, Anpu, Dancer, Moatillata, Monathin

Murmur Twin (2): GeneX, -GeneX, Max, Moatillata, -Max, Anomalous Amalgam, Max, IcePhoenix, -Max, -Moatillata
Moatillata (1): flerp, IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix, -flerp, Murmur Twin
b-minus1 (1): Murmur Twin, Moatillata, -Moatillata, flerp, IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix, -Murmur Twin
IllegallySober (1): GeneX, Slamburger, -Slamburger
IcePhoenix (1): Moatillata, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, -Anomalous Amalgam, The Ninth Layer, -Moatillata, -The Ninth Layer
flerp (0): b-minus1, Slamburger, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, -b-minus1, -Slamburger
Anpu (0): Max, -Max, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Max, Anomalous Amalgam, IllegallySober, Monathin, -Anomalous Amalgam, -Max, -Monathin, -IllegallySober
The Ninth Layer (0): GeneX, IllegallySober, -GeneX, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, -IllegallySober, IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix
Anomalous Amalgam (0): IcePhoenix, -IcePhoenix, Anpu, -Anpu
Dancer (0): Dancer, GeneX, -GeneX, -Dancer
Monathin (0): Moatillata, Dancer, -Dancer, -Moatillata
Max (0): Monathin, -Monathin
Slamburger (0): Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, Max, IcePhoenix, Atomic Soda, -IcePhoenix, -Max, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam, -Atomic Soda
Atomic Soda (0): GeneX, Slamburger, -GeneX, Anpu, -Slamburger, -Anpu

Not Voting (1): Slamburger

:h: With 15 players alive, it took 8 votes to be executed.

=========================================================

In a panic, the mobsters in the room grabbed the first person to do anything suspicious. Natasza, a well-known smuggler, was the first to go. The mobsters ran her through with their daggers, stabbing at her corpse until she had died. Checking her spacious room at the inn revealed no police paraphernalia, just a very large, human-sized crate, with scratch marks on the inside.

:s: GeneX, Natasza "Fatalny," Smuggler (mafia-aligned jailor), was killed by the mob day 1. :s:

It is now Night 1.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Murmur Twin has been replaced by Beethpyxious or whatever.

it's still night, multiple people have yet to submit an action, please submit your actions sooner rather than later.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hello!

in the interests of time I gave most night actions the following flavor:

Success! (Result: !)
or
Failed! (with a flavor blurb why).

In the future I am going to insist actions arrive within 12 hours of thread closure, or else I will forfeit them.

=========================

On the second day of their captivity, the gamblers found two of their own had bitten the dust during the night. First was Anomalous Amalgam, also known as Sofia. She was an urchin waif with a keen set of eyes. She was found frozen in stasis, with a faint blue aura around her, just like Julia yesterday. Until her captors were all killed she would remain there indefinitely. Or until she could be brought to the constables and tried for abetting so many felonies.

:s: AnomalousAmalgam, Sofia, Informant (mafia-aligned weak watcher), was frozen night 1. :s:

The second was more mysterious, which was saying something, as someone being trapped in a magickal stasis field is already pretty spooky. This was IllegallySober, who just seemed to have disappeared entirely.

👻 Illegally Sober, ???, ??? (???-???), disappeared night 1. 👻

It is now Day 2.

:h: With 12 alive it takes 7 to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, July 16th, ~11PM EDT / 8PM PDT / (Tuesday) 1PM AEST.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I know people will tsk at me for doing this, including Ecco, but it’s sort of the only way to be responsible with this role: I’m a bus driver. I drove anpu and dancer last night, FYI.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

AA’s flavor seems more like the traditional scum night kill, but I’m surprised AA would have been targeted since a few people had voiced suspicion of AA. Or at least Anpu did.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:ghost: good luck town :ghost:

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

Max posted:

AA’s flavor seems more like the traditional scum night kill, but I’m surprised AA would have been targeted since a few people had voiced suspicion of AA. Or at least Anpu did.

That is indeed weird. And thank you for coming forward with that information, I think I would have suspected AA of being busdriven otherwise. Thanks to you we can see this situation more clearly.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Blah blah unvote blah blah vote oh captain my captain.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Max posted:

Ooo interesting

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

Beetphyxious posted:

Blah blah unvote blah blah vote oh captain my captain.

What is the meaning of this.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

I know people will tsk at me for doing this, including Ecco, but it’s sort of the only way to be responsible with this role: I’m a bus driver. I drove anpu and dancer last night, FYI.

Personally I think the only way to play town bus driver responsibily is to not use the power at all.

Bus drivers are the worst

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

What is the meaning of this.

Anpu posted:

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Beetphyxious posted:

Personally I think the only way to play town bus driver responsibily is to not use the power at all.

Bus drivers are the worst

Town bus drivers create a headache for scum so no, incorrect.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Town bus drivers create a headache for scum so no, incorrect.

Yeah, they never interfere with town actions at all.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lol imagine having a power role and not using it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Town bus drivers are put in to balance games to reduce towns effectiveness, in the same way there put on scum teams to moderate a too powerful town. Especially misguided town ones that think they're helping.I'll repeat, bus drivers are the worst.

Busdriver is a selfish role that can remove the agency of other town power roles.

Doc thinks player X is pretty towny and worthy of their protection?

Too bad!

Cop wants to scope out player Y because something's just not right?

Sucks 2 B U!

Basically the bus drivers opinions out weigh everyone else's and if they have different opinions on the game than the rest of town they're interfering with town.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I’m using the role and will report on who I used it on. Eat my butt.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bus driver is literally my favorite role next to vanilla also, so really there’s no way I’m not using it. It interferes with some town actions but I find it more often makes scum paranoid about who they are targeting since the kill can come back on them.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Besides, overriding the doc doesn’t concern me since if scum targeted the same person, all I’m doing is shifting the target and they remain protected.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Beer are you a cop?

You have to tell us if you are, it’s the law.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Autocorrect, Beet.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

Smoke this blunt to prove your allegiance

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Lol imagine having a power role and not using it

Depends. Is your role just as likely to gently caress things up (or more so) for town? Then using it is only for your own purposes (boredom), is selfish and therefore untowny.

Like it's good Max came clear, but now town are going to be second guessing and doubting their night actions whenever they submit them (just as much as scum are!) and have to wait every morning for Max's update. Oh and we have to trust Max's word too.

My hatred for busdrivers is years in the making. This is not a new thing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Autocorrect, Beet.

I'll respond to beer

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

I’m using the role and will report on who I used it on. Eat my butt.

Hey do what you want, it's just not demonstrably to towns benefit.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Bus driver is literally my favorite role next to vanilla also, so really there’s no way I’m not using it. It interferes with some town actions but I find it more often makes scum paranoid about who they are targeting since the kill can come back on them.

See I disagree, I think the risk factors are no different to scum than them not knowing if there is a cop, doc, watcher, tracker, pgo and they're going to bounce off one of them.

Bus driver just adds a whole layer of complexity to town that they wouldn't have normally.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Look at it from a risk management point of view, you dont introduce new risks to try mitigate others. That's like the worst.

Anyway I could max lyrical (see what I did there) on this all day but I don't think we're going to change each others opinions.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Side note the most memorable game I ever played had a town and scum bus driver.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yes but unless there is a vig, town won’t have to worry about a kill going astray and at worst their target for info changes. Scum actually do. And this is speaking from experience of causing one scum team no end of frustration in a game from a long time ago.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Scum won because the town bus driver thought they knew better.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Beetphyxious posted:

Side note the most memorable game I ever played had a town and scum bus driver.

I put that in a game I modded once and it was a nightmare, and I was really happy when the town bus driver died early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Max posted:

Yes but unless there is a vig, town won’t have to worry about a kill going astray and at worst their target for info changes. Scum actually do. And this is speaking from experience of causing one scum team no end of frustration in a game from a long time ago.

Yeah vig too, I left that out.

All I'm saying is I don't think it's as cost neutral to town as you think it is.

• Locked thread