Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Megabound posted:

Seconding safety razors, you can get a box of 100 feather blades for like $30. I go through mine at the rate of 1 blade a month.

Thirding. I spent like $40 on a razor, a hundred blades, and a tube of Cremo about 3 years ago for shaving around my neck and I'm nowhere close to running out of anything.

Page snipe content:

hamsystem has a new favorite as of 00:18 on Jul 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

eating only apples posted:

It's got a big fluffy hood.

I mean, it's from Wish so it's cheap poo poo, but there's nothing wrong with how that'll look when worn. Just big and fluffy. It's probably even a photo stolen from a brand that's charging hundreds of dollars for it.

Half the hood has been replaced with sweater. On the top. That and the fake sweater sewn in the bottom just looks like butt to me.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Hirayuki posted:

My husband once got a free MachSomething in the mail, completely unsolicited. He uses an electric shaver, though, so I inherited the MAN'S MACHMILLION BEARD DESTROYER 3000 to use on my dainty ladylegs. :j: It always felt vaguely subversive. (Also smooth as a baby's rear end.)

My wife and I use some kind of Gillette disposable razor. We used to buy different razors, when one day we came to the conclusion that they're the exact same loving razor just one is molded in dark blue and the other one is molded in pink.

I think using the pink razors might eventually cause me to grow ovaries. IDK...

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

I see an anime villain here, maybe from One Piece. The hair, combined with the nails, and her posture, I can just hear, "Shohohoho, you'll never escape Carmenia Maybelline and my trick nails!"

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Megabound posted:

Seconding safety razors, you can get a box of 100 feather blades for like $30. I go through mine at the rate of 1 blade a month.

I found from a sample that I really liked the Voskhod Teflon costed blades and a 100 pack of those is like $10. Nurge if you do go this route it's helpful to try some different blades as everyone likes different brands. Father's are great, too, most people swear by them, but some people like the cheap rear end Merkurs and that's okay.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Shave chat: the biggest bullshit with all the different razors is that I'm never 100% sure which blades I need to get to fit my razor so maybe 2 or 3 times out of 10 I wind up buying the Atra III Trac Super Turbo Deluxe instead of the the Atra II Normal Slow Regular and when they don't fit I forget to return the fuckers.

I'm sure this is not intentional.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Assuming her nails are real, how does this lady do anything? Like driving a car, opening a door or even getting dressed seems wildly impossible with nails like that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

King of Foolians posted:

Assuming her nails are real, how does this lady do anything? Like driving a car, opening a door or even getting dressed seems wildly impossible with nails like that.

They were real. They broke off in a car accident a while ago.

She said they didn’t really impact her daily life and she cleaned them with olive oil and a toothbrush.

Mr. Snickerdoodles
Nov 19, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

They were real. They broke off in a car accident a while ago.

I wonder if nails like that would be a blessing or bane in a car accident. Like, do the nails take the brunt of impact for you, saving your tender organs with the snap-crunch of your nails breaking? Or would they turn into mini-knives, accidentally gashing you and anything else unlucky enough to have skin in your general direction?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

King of Foolians posted:

Or wipe her rear end, most disturbing of all.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

hamsystem posted:

Thirding. I spent like $40 on a razor, a hundred blades, and a tube of Cremo about 3 years ago for shaving around my neck and I'm nowhere close to running out of anything.

Page snipe content:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

im pooping! posted:

i swear ive seen this story about the swastika dude before, by chance did he kindly wait in your line only to get a cell phone call when it was his turn and he politely excused himself to the back of the line in order to take the call? am i having a stroke?

Do you smell burned toast? That story wasn't me, so there must be multiple Walmart swastika dudes. Also, to the guy who asked if I punched him, unfortunately no. I was like 19 and it was before Nazi punching became a thing. I was WAY too timid to even say anything.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

When I worked at Wal-Mart there was a complete rear end in a top hat Nazi. He had a giant hole cut through every loving shirt he wore so his chest swastika showed through. Management refused to kick him out, even though he was rude as poo poo, because Wal-Mart just hates upsetting anyone.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

I see an anime villain here, maybe from One Piece. The hair, combined with the nails, and her posture, I can just hear, "Shohohoho, you'll never escape Carmenia Maybelline and my trick nails!"

look up the older version of Lady Deathstrike from marvel comics, yuck

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
They belong in a museum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z84DQ6AYB30

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

These new ultra-specific more-inclusive Barbies have gone too far.

Anyway, anyone have any welding needs from a completely normal and reputable business?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Knormal posted:

Anyway, anyone have any welding needs from a completely normal and reputable business?

Ok, I know that I'm supposed to see the crazy God paint, but I can't stop looking at the weird wording of the welding ad. Does he only repair other welds? What metals can he weld and welding methods does he use? Is welding the weird garbage metal on all of those fences making him a tragic victim of welding shivers or some other metal poisoning?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

If I saw the first or last pictured things in my house, id probably poo poo myself until I died.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

I believe in god

p.s. I'll find my god

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Real men shave their beards by chewing off whatever length can reach the mouth. Also works for nose hairs.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Knormal posted:

Haha jokes on them, God invented cancer! :smug:

Scathach posted:

When I worked at Wal-Mart there was a complete rear end in a top hat Nazi. He had a giant hole cut through every loving shirt he wore so his chest swastika showed through. Management refused to kick him out, even though he was rude as poo poo, because Wal-Mart just hates upsetting anyone.

Ugh, it's like Superman pulling back his shirt to reveal the costume but horribly subverted. Someone should get a Superman chest tattoo and cut their shirts so it always shows then punch this guy in the face every time they see him.

Dixville has a new favorite as of 09:55 on Jul 15, 2018

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I was 110% convinced this was a character from Boy's Club until proven otherwise

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

cash crab posted:

I was 110% convinced this was a character from Boy's Club until proven otherwise

It's better, it's "Part of my body of work for my OCADU undergrad thesis. "

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

.... Oh, no.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Furbisexuality: A New Means of Affronting God.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

The first one looks like the owl from the comic Megg, Mogg, and Owl.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

green chicken feet posted:

The first one looks like the owl from the comic Megg, Mogg, and Owl.

I always thought it was that or Boys Club. Fairly certain it’s not meant to be a Furby

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
After reading these threads that doesn't even register a 1 on the revulsion scale even though I'm pretty sure I should be trying to claw my eyes out. Thanks a lot, goons :argh:

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

RaspberryCommie posted:

I believe in god

p.s. I'll find my god

Who took my god
Who found my god

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Hirayuki posted:

My husband once got a free MachSomething in the mail, completely unsolicited. He uses an electric shaver, though, so I inherited the MAN'S MACHMILLION BEARD DESTROYER 3000 to use on my dainty ladylegs. :j: It always felt vaguely subversive. (Also smooth as a baby's rear end.)

That's a Gillette Mach 3 Turbo razor and people AMAB get them for free at age 18.

You married your husband before he turned 18 is what I'm gathering.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

#dadsquatch

E: #dadsclaymask

Scathach has a new favorite as of 02:46 on Jul 16, 2018

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Move Aside: Judo Hobo Returns

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

MageMage posted:

That's a Gillette Mach 3 Turbo razor and people AMAB get them for free at age 18.

You married your husband before he turned 18 is what I'm gathering.

I'm AMAB and I never got the razor. I guess the secret government transsexual prediction AIs worked.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I got both (male) razors and maxi pads when I turned 18, possibly because I have a gender-neutral name? Since I've always used an electric razor the pads probably would have come in handy if I'd tried to use the blades.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Knormal posted:

I got both (male) razors and maxi pads when I turned 18, possibly because I have a gender-neutral name? Since I've always used an electric razor the pads probably would have come in handy if I'd tried to use the blades.

Electric razors are incredibly bad. I don't understand how people use those. I owned one once when I was like 16 or something and it just ripped up my face and left a really messy tangle of crap behind. Maybe it was just a really bad model, but drat. I've never even tried one since then. I've never once even managed to nick myself shaving with a razor in 25 years now, but the electric one basically ripped chunks out of my face.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Nurge posted:

Electric razors are incredibly bad. I don't understand how people use those. I owned one once when I was like 16 or something and it just ripped up my face and left a really messy tangle of crap behind. Maybe it was just a really bad model, but drat. I've never even tried one since then. I've never once even managed to nick myself shaving with a razor in 25 years now, but the electric one basically ripped chunks out of my face.

It probably was a bad model. I bought my first electric fairly recently (some Remington thingy) and I'd never had any skin irritation from it. Though in terms of results it's still not nearly as smooth as even my lovely old Mach 3 wet razor. Still, it's sufficient for day-to-day shaving, and it really is quite a bit quicker and more convenient than shaving wet.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
My students are aggressively farting on each other this morning. I am tired.

Enjoy this video.

my hillbilly neighbor stole a goat

This channel is AUGold.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
My beard is so thick and coarse that I've dulled a barber's straight razor before and my trimmer's foil razor attachment works fine. Not great, just fine. As long as the attachment is properly oiled it only takes a few passes to make the skin smooth and doesn't hurt

I'd still recommend a safety razor if you want to be clean shaven on a daily basis, but a foil razor is good for cleaning up beard lines

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I have thoughts about getting an electric razor. My facial hair is physically incapable of growing beyond a mustache and goatee and it takes about 2 or 3 minutes to wet shave from the thickest it gets, but with a good electric razor it would take seconds. I just have trouble justifying the added expense for something a pack of disposable razors takes care of easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

I have thoughts about getting an electric razor. My facial hair is physically incapable of growing beyond a mustache and goatee and it takes about 2 or 3 minutes to wet shave from the thickest it gets, but with a good electric razor it would take seconds. I just have trouble justifying the added expense for something a pack of disposable razors takes care of easily.

Depends on how expensive those disposable razors are, those things do tend to add up after a while. For example, my electric cost me like ~50 bucks. That's like two and a half packs of Mach 3 blades. I dunno how fast you're using them up, but after a couple of years you'll probably start to break even, and that's on top of the added convenience.