Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Grizzco weapons won't help you if your entire team, you included, just runs directly into a griller because you're not paying attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Having good tactics and critical thinking skills has always been more important than raw power in Salmon Run, and this rotation only really reinforces that notion. Case in point, stop opening the gushers on the basket side first, especially when it's high tide!

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Having good tactics and critical thinking skills has always been more important than raw power in Salmon Run

Seriously. I think I had around 5 max hazard rounds today, and without exception I had an easier time on those than on others with much lower quotas, just because everyone was basically guaranteed to be competent

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

What anime is this

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Hydra Splatling is a monster now. :catstare:

That extra damage gives it more range in which shots remain a 3/4HKO, and the Autobomb changes gave it an actual sub-weapon. And it synergizes pretty decently with the main weapon too.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Takoluka posted:

I am still getting losing teams on this Salmon Run.

Get in the nintengoons discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/nnH4wXF

This weapon set is enough to make even griller rounds low-drama:
https://mm.bonzoesc.net/media_attachments/files/000/092/720/original/4cbaa69a4b3aab54.mp4

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
So glad Splatfest isn't until next week. I can't stop playing Octopath and I really wanted to splat this month

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
What actually determines the hazard level of a room? I haven't seen it any more now that I'm 900-something than when I was on 500 or so. I assume it is rank?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Fedule posted:

What actually determines the hazard level of a room? I haven't seen it any more now that I'm 900-something than when I was on 500 or so. I assume it is rank?

Rank, yes. The average ranks of everyone determines the difficulty level. If the average is 600 in Profreshional, you'll hit Hazard Level Max.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I finally get to partake in this glorious slaughter, and I get two consecutive communication errors then it bans me for five minutes. You know, because there are so many good reasons to intentionally disconnect during salmon run.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hey, I'm kinda new to this game and the power of the octofro compelled me to get the expansion. I've actually completed most of it but I'm kinda stuck last little bit of rear end in a top hat bonus boss. I can reliably do almost the entire bit until the 5th phase when they start exploding and never stop so my strategy of inking up the arena and herding them into my turf becomes really untenable really fast. I know to do the cover dance, what else should I try?

Also walking out of the metro into the race war splatfest gave me a little whiplash after that sweet ending.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

I finally get to partake in this glorious slaughter, and I get two consecutive communication errors then it bans me for five minutes. You know, because there are so many good reasons to intentionally disconnect during salmon run.

That's fair, but also if you're on poo poo internet that disconnects you every match, I'm not mad that they put you in time out.

Not you specifically, but you get what I'm saying

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What worked for me was to clear the area around that one cylinder in one of the corners, you can use that to easily get out of range of the splashdowns and you can also use it to quickly dodge back and forth to box them in your ink.

Other than that, just have good aim and hope the CPU doesn't decide to gently caress you over.

The Bloop posted:

That's fair, but also if you're on poo poo internet that disconnects you every match, I'm not mad that they put you in time out.

Not you specifically, but you get what I'm saying

Yeah, I get it, but I don't think the fault lies with my internet on this one.

It WOULD be nice if they had some indication of your connection quality on their end, though...

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 15, 2018

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

raditts posted:

What worked for me was to clear the area around that one cylinder in one of the corners, you can use that to easily get out of range of the splashdowns and you can also use it to quickly dodge back and forth to box them in your ink.

Other than that, just have good aim and hope the CPU doesn't decide to gently caress you over.

I'm having trouble with that because they keep chucking walker bombs on top of the cylinder when I do and then things get fucky. Or is that what your talking about when you say hope it doesn't gently caress me over?

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

GANDHITRON posted:

From someone who's only been playing since, like, a month before the Octo Expansion dropped, this change is godlike.

Now if only you could see 1. if you already own a piece of gear before ordering it through Murch and 2. see what the standard primary ability of SplatNet gear is before ordering it. Sometimes I'll see someone wearing shoes or whatever with a cool primary, but I'll forget if I have it too and when I pop into the equipment to check and pop back out, they're gone from the Square!

If you don't want to go in the equip mode and reload the square, just check what gear you have at Murch. I usually go into the ability chunk option in case I get a twitchy finger and accidentally reroll/scrub something.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Get in the nintengoons discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/nnH4wXF

This weapon set is enough to make even griller rounds low-drama:
https://mm.bonzoesc.net/media_attachments/files/000/092/720/original/4cbaa69a4b3aab54.mp4

Aww man I remember this one, that Griller would not get off my rear end (Luca)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played against a good eliter user on albacore splat zones and it made me hate that level

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

VibrantPareidolia posted:

If you don't want to go in the equip mode and reload the square, just check what gear you have at Murch. I usually go into the ability chunk option in case I get a twitchy finger and accidentally reroll/scrub something.

I completely forgot you could see your gear through that menu, thanks for reminding me. I'm dumb.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dr Cheeto posted:

What anime is this

My Life As A Teenage Robot. It's pretty good, though nothing groundbreaking.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Been thinking of trying to learn a new weapon...the only ones I've had substantial time with are Rapid Blaster (pre buff, I see it a lot more frequently these days) and Tri Slosher. I'm thinking of going hard on the 96 gal deco or maybe a splatling. Any splatling players here have a fave or recommended kit?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay, that took a few hours and my hands hurt but I beat the bonus boss!

I got a toothpick! I was hoping for a cape but I can deal with... oh wow... he just stuck that thing directly into his mantle. That seems... painful.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Fetus posted:

Having good tactics and critical thinking skills has always been more important than raw power in Salmon Run, and this rotation only really reinforces that notion. Case in point, stop opening the gushers on the basket side first, especially when it's high tide!

Okay, now how do I convey that to three random people with no chat system?

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
The ONE time you actually pull it off, holy poo poo.
https://twitter.com/lazlo_nibble/status/1018346306228482050

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Is there anyway to unlock new styles for your ink pack or get more pants options? You mostly only have variations of shorts and I liked the look of my remote detonated Kamobo pack.

Also C.Q Cumber should tried in the Hague.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caidin posted:

Is there anyway to unlock new styles for your ink pack or get more pants options? You mostly only have variations of shorts and I liked the look of my remote detonated Kamobo pack.

Nope, just what you've got.

Caidin posted:

Also C.Q Cumber should tried in the Hague.

TEST FAILED! :commissar:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nope, just what you've got.

Boo

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Welp, I worked my way all the way from part timer to profresh 110. I started to feel like I was getting carried at that point, but the numbers usually said I was almost always in first or second when it came to both gold and regular eggs. That feeling happen to anyone else?

I had a profresh run where our team survived a player disconnecting in wave 1 (seriously, that should give a big bonus), and I also had an overachiever run where it was 4 sloshers against grillers - thank woomy for specials when ink ran dry

The next salmon run refresh is going to be such a clusterfuck of deranking :allears:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

I played against a good eliter user on albacore splat zones and it made me hate that level

What about Piranha Pit then?

https://twitter.com/SamFaustus/status/1018377996481134592

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I already hate piranha pit RM bc it has a terrible design!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played this for 4 hours straight for the first time since line launch month probably. I have a Splatoon addiction

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I am now a certified war criminal! :black101:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Dang took a break and came back to see they nerfed the rapid blaster. I love the one with the bomb rush and mines for splat zones. :sigh:

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
Hey squids
I just came by to drop off a party...splatter
https://twitter.com/lazlo_nibble/status/1018568172624998400

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
So, uh, I got a sneak preview of the new map. All thanks to a certain hacker I presume.

https://twitter.com/rxrm80/status/1018581445537718272

I filed a report on a possible suspect, but geez, Nintendo. Fix your poo poo.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
managed to clear hazard level max by like a millisecond

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1018606606467018752

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

managed to clear hazard level max by like a millisecond

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1018606606467018752

I can appreciate your teammates attemptings at seabagging while dead.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Well, I have accepted my one shot at hitting 999 in SR has passed me by. I was at 990 for one match, and a short succession of idiot teams later I was at 880 again and I need to sleep.

Goodbye, fabulous broken weapons.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

So, uh, I got a sneak preview of the new map. All thanks to a certain hacker I presume.

https://twitter.com/rxrm80/status/1018581445537718272

I filed a report on a possible suspect, but geez, Nintendo. Fix your poo poo.

Yeah, that's Ancho-V Games. How was it? Still have the fans in the center?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really hope they add Urchin Underpass before they stop adding stages. The game feels a little weird without it. Saltspray Rig would be cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

Fedule posted:

Well, I have accepted my one shot at hitting 999 in SR has passed me by. I was at 990 for one match, and a short succession of idiot teams later I was at 880 again and I need to sleep.

Goodbye, fabulous broken weapons.

I know that feeling. There'll always be more chances though, I can't imagine they won't bring this back in the future