Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

colas posted:

Real talk- how do people live in places that hit over 140 degrees(f)? Is it that noticable between 98 (what my car reads in FL after sitting in the July sun all day) and 140? 140 is like, hey why does anyone, how can anyone, even live here?

It is noticeable, when high 90s at night feel cool compared to the 120-130 with heat index of the daytime.

Isn't this the second time this thread derailed into weather in past few weeks?

I bought a bunch of wood and one of these. Should work better than a disposable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Living in Tempe, AZ is a lot like living in Minneapolis, MN only you switch summer and winter. You just stay inside and drink until the season changes.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Mu Zeta posted:

What music is missing? I found everything I owned on Google Play. Even the Asian music. I'm missing my Starcraft soundtrack but that's obscure as gently caress.
Out of the sixty titles in my recently added rips, Spotify is missing:

Wally Badarou: Words of a Mountain
Red Flag: Nave Dance
Gregorian: Sadisfaction
V/A: Instrumental Gems of the '60s, More Instrumental Gems of the '60s (Collectors' Choice Music)
The Terminator OST (their version is expanded but score-only)
Fear of a Black Hat OST
FM OST (playlist only, pretty close but still missing a track)
Fast Times at Ridgemont High OST (playlist only, not even close)
V/A: Trancemaster Vol. 1 - Dance II Trance Chill Out
System 7: System 7
777: 777 (US version of previous)
System 7: Freedom Fighters (single)
Do the Right Thing OST (actual version but many tracks missing)
Dick Tracy OST (not the Madonna album or the Danny Elfman score, the third one with the period-ish pop songs recorded for the movie)
Field of Dreams OST (playlist, not even close, none of the actual score)
Klaus Nomi: Eclipsed-The Best of
Midnight Oil: The Dead Heart (single)
Claudia Brcken: Love: And a Million Other Things
V/A: Caf Del Mar Vols. 1-3, 5, 7, 20th Anniversary
Mike Oldfield: Amarok
New Order: Blue Monday 1988 (single)
Ennio Morricone; The Ennio Morricone Anthology (the one Rhino did)
Heaven 17: Pleasure One
Splatune (Splatoon OST)
Splatoon Live in Makuhari
Splatune 2 (Splatoon 2 OST)

Ok, Ill give them a break on the Nintendo soundtracks and the oddball German ambient-house compilation, but assuming thats a representative sample it still leaves like a third of my CD collection that I couldnt listen to anymore if I went streaming-only.

Google Play does a hair better on the soundtracks but thats it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm currently living in a basement suite in the mountains in the northernmost part of North Vancouver and still have to use heat at night lol

Got an official heat warning that downtown will be 25C/77F for the next few days.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lazlo Nibble posted:

Fear of a Black Hat OST

Burn it all down.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Solice Kirsk posted:

Living in Tempe, AZ is a lot like living in Minneapolis, MN only you switch summer and winter. You just stay inside and drink until the season changes.

Hot still sounds better to me. You don't have to shovel snow and it gets somewhat bearable at night instead of way worse. I've never lived somewhere really hot though so maybe it's a grass is greener thing. I loving hate winter.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

prom candy posted:

Hot still sounds better to me. You don't have to shovel snow and it gets somewhat bearable at night instead of way worse. I've never lived somewhere really hot though so maybe it's a grass is greener thing. I loving hate winter.

I live in Oregon where it's mostly okay all the time.
We get stretches of 100F but it's not unbearable.

Not like San Francisco. Yearly average temperature of 62F? No wonder it's so expensive.
That's light jacket weather year round. Absolute perfection.

135F is God telling you to leave and surrender thr land to the scorpions. Good lord, how does anyone tolerate that?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't really mind either, but if I had to choose I'd take -20 degrees over 130 degrees. You can always put on more clothes, but you can only take off so much. But like I said before the secret is just not hanging out in it.

edit:
One of the funniest memories of AZ I have is walking into my dark second floor apartment out of 120 degree summer sun and thinking "holy poo poo, it's ice cold in here" and then walking to my thermostat to see it's 82 degrees.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 03:29 on Jul 15, 2018

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
135 is like death valley. I've never seen it above 125 in PHX. Tips for living in an oven.

Keep you house at 80 to help acclimate.
Have a pool and live in it. Or better yet have access to a pool so yo don't have to take care of it.
DON'T GO OUTSIDE unless it's to get into a car that has good AC.
Remote start & sun shade & park in the shade
I literally know the suns movements and park in a spot that gets shade an hour before I leave work.
Wear black so your sweat doesn't show or white to reflect suns rays.
Just loving leave. 2hr north is Flagstaff that's like 80F right now.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Why is flagstaff cooler? When I was there in April it was pretty miserable.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't really mind either, but if I had to choose I'd take -20 degrees over 130 degrees. You can always put on more clothes, but you can only take off so much. But like I said before the secret is just not hanging out in it.

edit:
One of the funniest memories of AZ I have is walking into my dark second floor apartment out of 120 degree summer sun and thinking "holy poo poo, it's ice cold in here" and then walking to my thermostat to see it's 82 degrees.

Holy poo poo, 28c/82f is balls hot here (in what's basically the Canadian equivalent of North Dakota).

Seriously, how does that feel cold at all?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

umalt posted:

Holy poo poo, 28c/82f is balls hot here (in what's basically the Canadian equivalent of North Dakota).

When its forty degrees F cooler than outside.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

umalt posted:

Its all relative to what your bodys adjusted for. I keep our thermostat at 80 in the Florida summer and can confirm, I get cold during the day and will wear a hoodie inside.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bottom Liner posted:

Its all relative to what your bodys adjusted for. I keep our thermostat at 80 in the Florida summer and can confirm, I get cold during the day and will wear a hoodie inside.
You're a monster if you live in the South and keep your thermostat at 75 or above in the summer.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I couldnt believe it when I went to Alaska and people were doing yardwork shirtless at 55 degrees.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Back in Northern Maine 55 degrees is shorts weather.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
I recently purchased a comprehensive guide to the average temperatures in all major american cities

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Serak posted:

I recently purchased a comprehensive guide to the average temperatures in all major american cities

But you registered like 18 years ago

colas
Feb 14, 2007

He's 18, his parents registered him at birth.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

*shakes head

He never had a chance...

colas
Feb 14, 2007

"Happy birthday. Here's your username and password. Also, you're out on your rear end and your poo poo is on the front yard. Good luck."

colas
Feb 14, 2007

recent purchase

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

umalt posted:

What does say, 15 degrees Celsius feel like to you? For me it's put on a jacket and be miserable

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I'm sorry I started this derail by cracking a joke about Arizona. I just bought a ticket to San Diego to visit my wife (we are living apart for a few months due to work reasons :argh: ), so I'll be getting to enjoy some very nice weather soon

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Im in Jackson Hole, Wyoming for work so I bought a tram ticket to take me up to 10,400 feet.

They also sold waffles up here, which is cool.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rolo posted:

A luftwaffle, if you will.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

For a variety of complicated reasons, I purchased a small amount of real estate, though I dont close until Friday.

Also something to distract me from real estate stress.

Subjunctive has a new favorite as of 17:43 on Jul 15, 2018

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Calaveron posted:

What does say, 15 degrees Celsius feel like to you? For me it's put on a jacket and be miserable

It depends on how sunny and windy, but 15 usually a comfortable cool temperature. It's the sweet spot where I could wear either a t-shirt or sweater.

That said, we usually only get a week around that since it either goes directly from -20°c to 20°c over the period of a week or vice versa.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Subjunctive posted:

For a variety of complicated reasons, I purchased a small amount of real estate, though I dont close until Friday.

This would have been so much funnier if you had purchased this game for stress relief:

I did and it actually increased my stress so I refunded it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

LifeSunDeath posted:

This would have been so much funnier if you had purchased this game for stress relief:

I did and it actually increased my stress so I refunded it.

Ugh.

No flipping in this case, at least.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Calaveron posted:

That's shorts weather for me. It's 22/72F right now in west coast Canada and everyone is butt rear end naked.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Solice Kirsk posted:

A luftwaffle liftwaffle, if you will.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Subjunctive posted:

Need somewhere to hide all those bodies, I get it

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Finally got to go, so got a souvenir.

Stole this image since mine is still in a box, but Im very excited.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ooh, how long were you on the waiting list?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Ultimate Mango posted:

Finally got to go, so got a souvenir.

Stole this image since mine is still in a box, but Im very excited.

What am I looking at here?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Rolo posted:

Im in Jackson Hole, Wyoming for work so I bought a tram ticket to take me up to 10,400 feet.

That's funny, I've been there plenty of times but I've never once seen it without snow everywhere. Fun to see a different view of it.

Last week I bought a Ryzen 7 2700x in some ebay sale, without realizing RAM is still ridiculously expensive. So a few days ago I bought a motherboard, m.2 ssd, and two cheap sticks of ram with the possible intention of replacing them or adding to them somewhere down the line.

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

Slimy Hog posted:

What am I looking at here?

Guessing OP got the opportunity to go to Club 33. An exclusive club in Disneyland.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Electronaut posted:

Guessing OP got the opportunity to go to Club 33. An exclusive club in Disneyland.

Yes. Im not a member but was able to get a reservation from a friend who is. This is a whisky decanter that you can get only there. A nice memento, as Ive been looking for a decanter for many years and this was pretty nice. Probably the only chance I would ever have to go to the place or buy the thing, so I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I wish I had obscenely rich friends too.