Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

:unsmith:

Carlioo posted:

A stupid gimmick, but from what I saw at the SSE UK shows, he gets the most out of it. Oka is good I guess.

It's like he noticed that Okada got over after his Okato gimmick and decided that was the only reason that worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Jack Anderson posted:

It's like he noticed that Okada got over after his Okato gimmick and decided that was the only reason that worked.

See, now you made me want Oka with the Rainmaker outfit. Oka-da.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
So Oka will be champ from 2024 to 2027..

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

One tweet by Takahashi does not prove a neck was not broken. Gonna need some other sources and proper diagnosis for this. Possibly some x-rays. Yes, he flew back and that was a good enough sign, but still.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I'm just saying, there's a Daryl in an attic in Japan with a neck brace on.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

harperdc posted:

One tweet by Takahashi does not prove a neck was not broken. Gonna need some other sources and proper diagnosis for this. Possibly some x-rays. Yes, he flew back and that was a good enough sign, but still.

I'm glad he's alive and at least making light of it. That's a good start. Yeah he will probably not wrestle for a bit, which is also good because he and Dragon Lee go like they're trying to wrap life up before 40.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

So I'm late, but I caught this event last night at a hotel with nothing worth watching on. I haven't watched wrestling in like 20 years, but it was loving amazing. Is NJPW always this good?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

big black turnout posted:

So I'm late, but I caught this event last night at a hotel with nothing worth watching on. I haven't watched wrestling in like 20 years, but it was loving amazing. Is NJPW always this good?

Yes. Edit: They are right, it gets better.

Let me put it this way, Wrestle Kingdom 11 revitalized my interest in wrestling after WWE nearly killed it.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 14, 2018

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Usually, and often even better.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the cow palace show was an above average njpw show, their best shows are way better than that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Usually better, to be honest. The current world heavyweight champion won his title in what may be the best pro-wrestling match ever about 6 weeks ago. The SF show was basically a coming-out party for the two guys in the US title match though.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

and tonight is the stacked block matches, which will probably be even better than last night.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

2am start time pacific right?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

2am start time pacific right?

nah, 11pm pacific tonight.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gnossiennes posted:

Hmm I can actually watch it live on the east coast...well and pass out after the first multi man. I still need to watch last night so I guess do a double header and hell a triple header with BLP on Powerbomb.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gnossiennes posted:

oh thank god.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The house shows that make NJPW live are kinda there but the big marquee stuff almost always delivers. LIke maybe one dud show in the 5 years I've been watching regularly. They've done a really good job of making themselves the polar opposite of WWE, without the weird tantrumy "look at me look at me" stuff a lot of places end up devolving into.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One tip the multiman tags can seem a bit random and almost skipable, but man they have so much great stuff and fun matchups often unique pairings.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm so glad tonight's show starts early so I can catch the biggest match of the tournament live Ishii/YTR

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Okada started smoking weed and that's why he's the way he is now.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Does Okada blow up thr balloons himself?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MazelTovCocktail posted:

One tip the multiman tags can seem a bit random and almost skipable, but man they have so much great stuff and fun matchups often unique pairings.

They seem a bit more interesting during this tour with some tournament implications and factions on opposing teams. The night 1 tags were all pretty good and kept short enough to not feel like a massive slog.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The tags were all decent night 1 because they went in, gave the teaser or story for night 2, and ended. Nothing was too long and we got to see the Zack Driver.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

EDIT: Wrong thread.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/takam777/status/1018445361407410176?s=19

Photos of Desperado in public are my favourite tweets

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Strawberry Panda posted:

Does Okada blow up thr balloons himself?

Okada never blows up :colbert:

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Rocky's story about where Okada's "Scooby Dooby Doo!" top rope crossbody came from is so dumb it has to be true and i will listen to no arguments that says otherwise.

Does Zach always smile like that or only when hamming it up?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/takam777/status/1018445361407410176?s=19

Photos of Desperado in public are my favourite tweets

Then why do you post a photo of Suzuki-gun hanging out with Cousin Itt?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a big fat bunny posted:

Rocky's story about where Okada's "Scooby Dooby Doo!" top rope crossbody came from is so dumb it has to be true and i will listen to no arguments that says otherwise.

share pls

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He's apparently trying to do/mocking Ospreay's 'Pip Pip Cheerio'.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Okada took three steamroller hits back to back then did a shoot crossbody on YOSHI-HASHI and that's the noise he made.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/shinsuken/status/1018827135107117057?s=21

Not sure where else I could stick this.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I was thinking the same thing. Man's a former AWA World Heavyweight Champion and former WWF World Tag Team Champion.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Davros1 posted:

I was thinking the same thing. Man's a former AWA World Heavyweight Champion and former WWF World Tag Team Champion.

I think we need a general news thread if someone could start it up.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think we need a general news thread if someone could start it up.

I admit I always assumed that the Wrestling Questions thread just turned into that over time.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

remusclaw posted:

I admit I always assumed that the Wrestling Questions thread just turned into that over time.

Same, but it’s probably best to keep that one that way it is. It’s useful for quick answers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:agreed:

Thanks for setting it up, MazelTovCocktail

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

:agreed:

Thanks for setting it up, MazelTovCocktail

You’re very welcome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I guess Taichi is chilling at home this month (G1 was in his hometown today)

https://twitter.com/taichi0319/status/1018855015782334464