Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVC
May 10, 2018

by Lowtax
Has anyone said yet that the Man-O-War video is basically just a remake of the Massive Attack "Angel" video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVC
May 10, 2018

by Lowtax
Both videos are just a guy be frantically chased by random people.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Anyone going to their show tonight? Best I can tell is that doors open at 5 (at least for GA) and the show is at 7:30. Don't think there's an opener but can't say that definitively.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

Barry posted:

Anyone going to their show tonight? Best I can tell is that doors open at 5 (at least for GA) and the show is at 7:30. Don't think there's an opener but can't say that definitively.

I think from this link here:

https://seatgeek.com/radiohead-with-until-june-tickets/chicago-illinois-united-center-2018-07-06-7-30-pm/concert/4278791

Looks like the opener is "until june"

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
That seemed kind of unlikely so I did some digging, it's Junun.

https://twitter.com/JununMusic/status/988367105874628609

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Barry posted:

That seemed kind of unlikely so I did some digging, it's Junun.

https://twitter.com/JununMusic/status/988367105874628609

fair enough I was surprised how hard it was to find! thanks though

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
saw them tonight and it was just incredible

hughesta fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 9, 2018

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

"Blow Out" from the Friday show in Chicago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjyl7vqyw_w

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I saw both shows, and they're in rare form currently. If you have the ability I would try and get to one of these shows on this tour. The band seems like they're really enjoying themselves and I've not seen them this fresh since 2006. Deep down I feel like this just might be a swan song tour before calling it quits for big tours but what do I know.

Edit: and Junun is really good make sure to catch them its really good.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
im seeing them friday at MSG and it is KILLING ME to not be able to look at setlists

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Thom and the Heads posted:

im seeing them friday at MSG and it is KILLING ME to not be able to look at setlists

is that self imposed? they're on the web at setlist.fm if you want.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Twlight posted:

is that self imposed? they're on the web at setlist.fm if you want.

yeah - trying to go in as blind as possible

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

yeah - trying to go in as blind as possible
I think of the two shows they've done so far more than half of the sets were unique to each show. Even if you were to look at the setlist you'd still get a lot of surprises I think

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah, I'm going to Detroit and Columbus and will not look at setlists beforehand. Nope, not gonna do it!!!

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Friday night at MSG was the best concert I’ve ever seen. I don’t really know what else to say. 25 songs, two hours, incredible from front to back. Solid mix of the classics and some really beloved older tracks. Like Spinning Plates was unreal. So was Separator.

I had to chain-smoke a joint at one point so I would get too high and stop crying. Daydreaming turned me into a nasty sobbing mess.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

CRINDY posted:

Friday night at MSG was the best concert I’ve ever seen.

:same:

I have no idea what performance on earth could top seeing Radiohead last night. I lost a lot of interest in the band after high school and hadn't listened to them much between then and attending the concert, but hearing that incredible setlist brought me back a decade in the best way possible. I think what prevented me from crying during Daydreaming was hearing the song for possibly the first time the night before; I came pretty drat close.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Re: Friday show

Show owned. Videotape was incredible. I'm tired of The Gloaming. I got too high.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
gently caress so disappointed they’re not coming through Seattle this time. Y’all are giving me [acid] flashbacks.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
It seems weird to me that there's been no new songs at any post-AMSP gig, not even in soundchecks. Maybe this really is the end :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I loved seeing RH for the first time last year, and yeah the show covered all the bases just like y'all mentioned. But nothing will ever top the Neutral Milk Hotel concert I caught in 2012. The emotions in that room were were so charged and everyone was simply elated to be there, it was otherworldly because pretty much everyone knew it would be the last time even if it was their first.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Answers Me posted:

It seems weird to me that there's been no new songs at any post-AMSP gig, not even in soundchecks. Maybe this really is the end :(

Pretty sure it's the end. AMSP just doesn't feel like an album with wind in its sails, compared to pretty much every other RH release over the last 2 decades.

It's better that they stop before things get bad and dull.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

So jealous you got Videotape.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dugong posted:

So jealous you got Videotape.

It's amazing live, as are Bloom, and Burn the Witch

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Pretty sure it's the end. AMSP just doesn't feel like an album with wind in its sails, compared to pretty much every other RH release over the last 2 decades.

Eh they've been taking around five years per album. I don't think it's unimaginable that they'll come out with something new and great.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Yeah I’ve seen the other two. Most improved live has to be There There though. Those drums are nuts.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

AMSP feels like a thesis statement of sorts, older and wiser, and reflecting back on the past both musically and lyrically.

As much as I’d love to see them veer off into wtf-territory on another album, I wouldn’t exactly be mad if this was it.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Treefingers sounds like somebody recorded what an aurora borealis looks like. So underappreciated and so good.

Sgt. McKill
Sep 30, 2005
kill kill kill
Saw them on Wednesday at MSG in GA and it was mindblowing. I lost it during the climax of Fake Plastic Trees. However, I saw the setlist on Friday and am really loving jealous, that would've been beyond perfect. We didn't get Let Down or How to Disappear, probably my two Radiohead favorite songs. Instead we got Spectre :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sgt. McKill posted:

Saw them on Wednesday at MSG in GA and it was mindblowing. I lost it during the climax of Fake Plastic Trees. However, I saw the setlist on Friday and am really loving jealous, that would've been beyond perfect. We didn't get Let Down or How to Disappear, probably my two Radiohead favorite songs. Instead we got Spectre :(

Spectre is an album-worthy song, just like Exit Music was even though it was made for Romeo Plus Juliet

Ill Wind and Spectre fit perfectly on AMSP if you follow the alphabetized tracklist method they used, in fact the album feels incomplete without them.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Answers Me posted:

Follow Me Around has been soundchecked though.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Thom said at the second Chicago show that the band would be back at some point, so I imagine we'll get another tour down the road and I don't think they'll still be touring AMSP in another 3-5 years

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I agree on "Bloom" for sure, but I'm just not feeling "Burn the Witch" live. I don't know what it is but it just seems flat.

On the other hand I really like "Ful Stop" live compared to the album.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Ful Stop is one of Radiohead's best songs ever, both live and on the record. It's the one I was looking forward to on AMSP the most, and it didn't let me down. Burn The Witch would rock live (the live arrangement is basically the hardest rocking song they've written since the OK Computer days except maybe 2+2=5 and Bodysnatchers) except Thom seems to have trouble singing the melody properly. He ends up either attempting to sing it properly and ending up flat or just kind of resignedly wavers his voice around while singing the verses. Incidentally Bodysnatchers also tends to have the same issue.

Volte fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 16, 2018

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
All fingers and toes and limbs crossed in the hopes that tonight's setlist includes:

Let Down
Reckoner
:ohdear:

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

kalensc posted:

All fingers and toes and limbs crossed in the hopes that tonight's setlist includes:

Let Down
Reckoner
:ohdear:

I laid down some song predictions with the friends I went with only a little over an hour before the July 13th show started; Let Down, Kid A and The Gloaming were the ones that came true, and I couldn't be happier to have Let Down and Kid A show up on there :kimchi:

Lucky was a good indication of the setlist that was to come; Thom was right when he said it was going to be a glorious day.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Leroy Dennui posted:

I laid down some song predictions with the friends I went with only a little over an hour before the July 13th show started; Let Down, Kid A and The Gloaming were the ones that came true, and I couldn't be happier to have Let Down and Kid A show up on there :kimchi:

Lucky was a good indication of the setlist that was to come; Thom was right when he said it was going to be a glorious day.

Twas an awesome show!

Reckoner was wonderful. Alas there was no Let Down, but it was great to hear The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Climbing Up the Walls, Kid A, and Morning Mr. Magpie (iirc, def a first-half track off TKOL). Also Spectre!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Because I love comparing, here was the setlest from when I saw them last year. It was great.

Daydreaming
Desert Island Disk
Ful Stop
Airbag
15 Step
The National Anthem (With "Hunting Bears" outro)
Separator
All I Need
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Bloom
Identikit
Everything in Its Right Place
There There
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
I Might Be Wrong
Idioteque
Nude

Encore:

Glass Eyes
No Surprises
Burn the Witch
Reckoner
Lotus Flower

Encore 2:

You and Whose Army?
Creep

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CH1WkO0msY

whenever the last time you heard bonnaroo 06 was, it was too long ago

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Looks like Talk Show Host was soundchecked last night. It was on the set list too, but wasn't played. Would really like to see that Sunday in Detroit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CH1WkO0msY

whenever the last time you heard bonnaroo 06 was, it was too long ago

Still the best show I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Totally forgot about this stage collapse:

https://pitchfork.com/news/radiohead-express-outrage-hold-moment-of-silence-at-first-toronto-show-since-stage-collapse/